Melbourne Football

we love you...

btrain

Excellent edit of this chant, the 2nd verse dies apart from the main lads no one else sings it.

Good find lad. We'll have a crack at this edit vs Adelaide. Maybe the powers that be could get it promoted a little more through Yside FB page.

No matter if we make finals or not, no excuse not to keep up the chanting and building a good atmosphere for our last 2 home games.

I think by doing this way it has the potential to become one of our strongest chants. Another take if it becomes stronger and people switch on to actually divide mid chant and half take it on turn doing the first part then join for the woah's. Then after a handful of goes of doing that everyone does it all.

I have no issue with the whole thing, but there a lot of people that just stop or mumble the last part and it kills it and loses flow.

About time we got rid of the last part this chant, it's shit!

Fixed.

The thing I have hated about this chant in the past is the cherography, I reckon it would be better if it was just chanted normally using the OP's changes to how its sung.

The choreo is probably the best part of this chant. It gets people up and moving.

Having sat back on the opposite side of the ground at times this season, something that stood out incredibly for me is how very devoid our terrace is of movement. Apart from a flag or 2 waving, it's most of us just standing there with hands on hips for the majority of the game. It looks absolute pants. And we barely look distinguishable from the bays around us.

This chant, along with the Dale, Snoop, In My Heart & the old Tatangalar are the only chants where we get some overhead clapping, flag waving, scarves held up or thrown & actually start to look decent as a fucking terrace. It's really an important area that we need to look into and improve in the coming weeks/off season as the YSIDE moves forward and I'd hate to see us change the choreo of this too something more bland.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 3