Melbourne Football

Round 19 - Visitors FC v Melbourne FC - Sat Feb 2 7.45pm - Etihad Stadium

Hammerhead

Disappointed with the result but not with the effort and the quality of football we played.

Much happier with the speed of ball movement, player movement and the the playing out from the back. But I'm still not happy that we take an extra touch when a first time pass is clearly on. Why can't we play with that intensity every week?

We need our strikers to finish their chances, could have been 2-0 up inside 20 minutes.

Walker cost us last week and he did so this week. He has been rushed in as a result of MArrone leaving, before he is ready for first team football.

What is what with both our keepers that make the easy look hard and the hard easy?

Flores did his best to earn a penalty but Germano should have known better.

Williams can be so dangerous and so exasperating.

We need to build from this.

• Like 1

Just back from the game but first impression wasn't too bad. Etihad is such a shit place to watch the game and get a feel for our effort. I will watch a replay but some good things to look forward too. Redmayne was solid and made some stunning saves. His positioning was good and he is growing every game. Also a bit more verbal from him which is great to see. Well done to the kindergarten back four. Coming up against one of the most attacking team in the leagues they certainly weren't disgraced. Patty Gerhardt mister reliable as ever and agree with above about Mitchinson's pace. He did however read the play pretty well and coming up against the form player of the league, it was a fairly good effort for such an inexperienced player. No obvious major clangers from Vrankovich, and no heart in mouth moments compared to the early season Colossimo form. Midfield again our weakness and Tadic injury and Babalj fitness a worry. Willo did well against their kid and won the duel there, but that would be expected. Still, to see us pushing hard for a draw again should blow the lack of fitness theory out of the water. I've always maintained our lack of fitness is above the shoulders - tonight would support that. I'll have a look at the penalty - it did look dodgy, but we certainly got very little from the ref...............................yet again.

• Like 1

Meh,

babalj is a star, mebrahtu as well

Kalmar technically amazing, good to watch and he is just a star3

Redders was shaky but he really did keep us in the game

williams and garcia need to be used more as they controlled the ball well

M thompson needs to go, Tadic and babalj wont work, keep Babalj up front

Garcia was alright on the wing, we really miss him bossing in midfield though, great fucken night though, yarraside best terrance by far in the league.

That victory supporter on the second level giving us shit after the game sort of shows everything thats wrong with that club. I can't beleive he thought it was a good idea to do that in front of his daughter, and she even got into to! wankers. What was going on with the black tape on the seats? Thats the first time i've been in the active area at eitihiad, do they usually make it that you can't sit down?

Had a derby win myself; I now why they are called tards, my next door neighbors are victory fans and they put a scarf on my front door step and there was a little 'accident' and it happened to catch fire. Couple of minutes later got a text asking for it back. No video too dark.

• Like 4

Garcia was alright on the wing, we really miss him bossing in midfield though, great fucken night though, yarraside best terrance by far in the league.

That victory supporter on the second level giving us shit after the game sort of shows everything thats wrong with that club. I can't beleive he thought it was a good idea to do that in front of his daughter, and she even got into to! wankers. What was going on with the black tape on the seats? Thats the first time i've been in the active area at eitihiad, do they usually make it that you can't sit down?

Chairs were broken in the first derby this season so they thought that by doing that, it won't happen again.

Chairs were broken in the first derby this season so they thought that by doing that, it won't happen again.

Lol weren't they wrong! They shouldn't be allowed to do that though, were paying for the seat, if there only going to let us stand, than i'm only paying for standing area

Rofl. M. Fucktree we don't have the same intellect as your autistic/down-syndrome affected supporters. Actually no sorry that's being offensive to those people with those actual mental disabilities. Feel sorry for those people who have been put in the same category as victory supporters

Edited by CALZALOL

Tonights performance by the boys was definently not reflective of the score.

We had our chances but at the end of the day the tards capitalised, flogs.

But the one thing that got me was the the amount of people who wouldnt chant while in the area.

The quick clapping has got to go, and everyone needs to follow our capo.

Its good to have people come and support, but sometimes when they stand and do nothing it ruins the atmosphere of the terrace.

On a side note, it probably took them hours to cable tie those chairs, even though it took a couple of seconds to take them off haha

• Like 1

Played well but didn't take our chances. That's all there really was to it. Defence is extremely weak and was very vulnerable on the counter.

Unlucky not to at least get a point from this, but a vast improvement from last week's shit performance. Just need to maintain this level of effort for all games, not just derbies.

I had something (probably a coin) whizz past my eye by a couple of inches. Most media reports I have read have concentrated on the match.

Thought the boys played well.

Have confirmation that Flores is a shirt lifter. Not his own but of other men.

474821-marcos-flores.jpg

Disgusting.

Looks like the "violence" took the headline over the result

What do you mean..?

No one is talking about the win or loss in the media, only about broken chairs, violence and flares

Source?

The media and FFA are relatively protective in publicising violence and flares when it comes to the A-League. If you were talking about the NSL or any ethnic team, then yes, the media would thrive on the slightest incident.

• Like 1

What do you mean..?

No one is talking about the win or loss in the media, only about broken chairs, violence and flares

Source?

The media and FFA are relatively protective in publicising violence and flares when it comes to the A-League. If you were talking about the NSL or any ethnic team, then yes, the media would thrive on the slightest incident.

On twitter,herald sun journalist ludbey being a serial offender in focusing on many parts of the supporters behaviour than the game itself

What do you mean..?

Source?

On twitter,herald sun journalist ludbey being a serial offender in focusing on many parts of the supporters behaviour than the game itself

Twitter is different though, it doesn't really constitute 'the media.'