Round 19 - Visitors FC v Melbourne FC - Sat Feb 2 7.45pm - Etihad Stadium

Hammerhead

Walker Vrankovic Gerhardt Mitchinson

Thompson Garcia Germano

Babalj Tadic Williams

Bolton Kalmar Garuccio Golgol / Edwards / Mauk

Lol what a horrible starting 11/ bench.

3-0 loss.

Yep, sucks the derby is this week. Amazing the contrast of positive last week to negative this week. Heart are a rollercoaster.

Walker Vrankovic Gerhardt Mitchinson

Thompson Garcia Germano

Babalj Tadic Williams

Bolton Kalmar Garuccio Golgol / Edwards / Mauk

Lol what a horrible starting 11/ bench.

3-0 loss.

Yep, sucks the derby is this week. Amazing the contrast of positive last week to negative this week. Heart are a rollercoaster.

That said the rollercoaster has us due for a win against all odds, only to prob loose the next week when we prob should win.

Redmayne

Walker gerhardt vrankovic mitchinson

Thompson germano

Garcia

Merbrahtu     Tadic         Williams 

Bench: bolton, babalj, garrucio, kalmar

Last thing we can do is stress, we have a derby to worry about. Play the youth as I believe they can step up at the right times. Come on heart!

Before the second derby of the season, we had a horrible performance against the Mariners which was also away. And what happened, the players gave evrything against the mongs and we deserved to win. This weekend is no different, a shit game away but now we will fire up and beat the Visitors.

Come on you Boys in Red!

Revised squad, again:

Redmayne

Walker - Abbott - Mitchinson - Petreski

Germano - Gerhardt

Garcia - Golgol - Garuccio

Babalj

B: Bray, Edwards, Mauk, Tadic

Season's over, time to look to the future.

Edited by LR9

My team now

Redmayne

Walker - Gerhardt - Gray - Thompson

Germano - Kalmar

Garcia

Merbrahtu - Tadic - Williams

Bolton - Mitchinson - Babalj - Edwards

Thompson played a bit a LB for Newcastle, here is his chance to regain a bit of supporter support against Rojas

I would prefer a bit of expirience over Mitchinson who I think Rojas would run rings around (because of his lack of expirience, not his ability)

Also people saying season over, were still 6th. If we can sneak a finals spot I can guarntee Victory or Adelaide wont want to play is in a knockout final

The season is not over yet,

1. True things have gotten worse over the past few days... :hmm:

2. And I def agree that we are fucken shit... :hmm:

But PPL need to remember that there are also another five really shit teams this Season. :up:

If we beat home 4 of those sides - We could still play a final that we could actually travel to and attend (Unlike last years)! :up:

I will get slaughtered for this line-up but here goes:

(Modified 3-5-2)

Redmayne

Walker - Vrankovic - Mitchinson

Garcia - Gerhardt - Thompson - Williams

Germano

Babalj - Tadic

BENCH: Bolton - Garrucio - Mauk - Kaya

Why not blood the young 'uns sooner rather than later?

Read my mind 3 at the back is the way to go. With tadic and Eli lets push forward and try and kick 6 goals couldn't care less if we concede a few.

Just had a look at who is available this week...

Outs: Fred, Grella, Behich, Dugandzic, Hoffman, Macalister, Babalj?, Golgol?, Colosimo?

Availible: Bolton, Edwards, Gerhardt, Thompson, Tadic, Garcia, Germano, Williams, Vrankovic, Garuccio, Redmayne, Gray, Kalmar, Mitchinson, J.Walker, Kaya, Mauk

Who do you pick out of that lot?

I think this could be the right game to move Gerhardt in to a DM role, he could be vital to break up play and we really need some dominance in the middle. He will be also be able to shield the back 4 from there, and with no Gui Finkler he only has one real threat to worry about.

Dunno who could contain Rojas, Mitchinson is definitely not quick enough to keep up, Thomo has the experiace and might be able to contain him, but his legs are getting away from him. Walker could do the job, he is great at closing down players and limiting opportunities Could possibly play him on the left with Germano on the right. I've been against having Germano there, but we are so thin on solid defensive options we might have to.

With no Fred I'd like to see Garcia at AM again, Kalmar just doesn't cut it in a starting role. Garcia could break down and exploit Miligan and his passing is exceptional, feeding the forwards.

With Garcia at AM it would be good to see Williams on the right , his more natural position with Garrucio cutting in on the left.

We are already well behind the 8 ball and have nothing more to lose, I'd love to see some more attacking intent and conviction.

Redmayne

Germano - Vrankovic - Gray - Walker

Gerhardt

Thompson

Garcia

Williams - Tadic - Garrucio

Bolton - Edwards, Kalmar, Mauk

• Like 3

Just for anyone wondering, im assuming this is how Victory will line up

Coe

Foschini - Leijer - Ansell - Traore

Milligan - Broxham

Celeski

Flores

Rojas--------------------------Thompson

So the need for a real strong CB combo isnt needed as needed as in other games, so im not against Gerhardt pushing up to DM to take Flores

Garcia has to play as the AM, the role Fred usually plays to make Milligan accountable.

Williams is one of the keys this week, in first derby he got around Foschini every time, hopefully he can do that again

Also if GolGol is fit I think he needs to start, he played with Traore at GC, so hopefully he knows how to unlock it to get around him. and he will also make Traore work back defensively

why would babalj be out LR9? also mebrahtu said he would be fine for this week didn't he?

The club has said that Eli is no guarntee to play this week, he is sore - I would have thought he could pump out another 15-20 mins though

GolGol is apparantly ok, but really we cant be sure as the club has still never really told us what the problem is

Chaps, now is the time when the true supporters stand out. Our visitors area needs to be absolutely packed, everyone in there needs to be totally committed to getting thse boys over the line.

No matter the lineup, its the shirt they are wearing which counts.

Everyone has to be UP FOR THE FIGHT!!! This is our game to win, its do or die and we must WIN!! To lose 2 straight to the Visitards would be a fucking joke and I hope we are still there win lose or draw after the finish.

Lets fire up, show everyone what happens when the chips are down, everyone must STICK TOGETHER, FIGHT, and SHOW THE PASSION that makes this club the best one in Melbourne,

COME ON YOU BOYS IN RED, shit I can't wait for Saturday, and lets get a win for the FANS boys!

• Like 5

why would babalj be out LR9? also mebrahtu said he would be fine for this week didn't he?

The club has said that Eli is no guarntee to play this week, he is sore - I would have thought he could pump out another 15-20 mins though

GolGol is apparantly ok, but really we cant be sure as the club has still never really told us what the problem is

pretty sure that article said whether he was in contention to start the match, not be out all together. So he'll be on the bench at least

As for gol gol I read that he had been nursing a knee injury recently but should be fine this week

pretty sure that article said whether he was in contention to start the match, not be out all together. So he'll be on the bench at least

As for gol gol I read that he had been nursing a knee injury recently but should be fine this week

No, it's said to be he might be too sore to play at all