Melbourne Football

Round 18 - FFANRMAIWSWFC v MHFC - Sat Jan 26 7.45pm

Caddy

Ron Smith is supposed to be doing video analysis of our games...

He is either:

- not doing it; or

- is doing it but doesn't see what's happening; or

- sees what's happening but doesn't tell Aloisi; or

- or tells Aloisi but Aloisi ignores what he's being told.

Or could be that he is seeing the wrong solution to the problem and passing that onto Aloisi. Then he definitely needs to be sacked.

Also I want to know who the hell is responsible for Hoffman still having anything to do with MHFC, I believe it's from higher up than Aloisi or even Hoffman whinging or other approaches to not be left out (e.g. give me another chance, I can do better). Sick of it get him out right now.

Edited by CALZALOL

What the fuck is this Ron Smith doing for us? Meant to be some tactical guru. My ass! Fuck him off and spend money on a full time experienced manager to oversee these matters so mistakes won't be made.

I'm wondering the same thing. Aloisi, Foxe, & Smith. I doubt we got any of these appointments right.

Who spun you that yarn? Ron Smith comes straight from the long ball English Mafia. Perth Glory were woeful under him and anybody thinking he was going to lead us into tactical wizardry is smoking far too much.

What the fuck is this Ron Smith doing for us? Meant to be some tactical guru. My ass! Fuck him off and spend money on a full time experienced manager to oversee these matters so mistakes won't be made.

I'm wondering the same thing. Aloisi, Foxe, & Smith. I doubt we got any of these appointments right.

Who spun you that yarn? Ron Smith comes straight from the long ball English Mafia. Perth Glory were woeful under him and anybody thinking he was going to lead us into tactical wizardry is smoking far too much.

My point exactly. How in our philosophy was this guy employed?

He was there to provide tactical analysis but it's just totally wrong.

Instead of breaking even, spend the money on someone who can assist FULL TIME on the training pitch! Someone to tell Aloisi exactly what is needed.

Cutting corners is what's wrong here.

Hoffman is what's wrong here! lol

Look, I'm not saying Hoffman is to blame for our loss, but he really was terrible yesterday - he didn't know how to defend, when he went forward he didn't actually attack, just went forward. The ball went up into the air and instead of going for the header, he retreated. The young WSW player ran straight passed him too easily too!

He wasn't the only player who was terrible, that's what's wrong here!

Hoffman doesn't deserve the abuse he gets to be honest. The bloke has been given a go in every position but his proper one and always tries hard regardless. Now the coaches and JVS is included in this, who pick him to play in these position like midfield and full back are the ones that questions need to be asked of. Couldn't believe my eyes when I went to training and saw it during the week.

I couldn't watch the game last night and am probably thankful going by everybody's comments.

There doesn't appear to be any other tactical changes that JA and Foxe are capable of once we start getting out played. No change in formations, positions....nothing..

It is inexperience but it is such a reactive system and other focused. Works well sometimes and against some teams but WSW are the best coached team in the league.

We are all on a roller coaster following this football club..

The problem is not with Hoffman as a person, never met him but I'm sure that he's a nice guy, its not about his effort, he tries hard, he just isn't an adequate contributor at tis level, in this team at any rate.

The guy is a striker FFS. Has never pretended to be anything else. 24 appearances for under-age national teams for 11 goals. He must do something right. I'll never understand why we try to play him in other positions. No need to sign Macallister while we had Hoff - they're the same type of player.

He's a very good striker when he has the space. When he was playing VPL or Olyroos games in the early qualifiers he was scoring bags of goals regularly. The problem is that when he has opponents who mark him closely or press him and restrict his space, he isn't able to retain possession and pass or shoot accurately. He's only scored one goal for us in 3 seasons and that was a deflection!

If he wasn't as dead as me, we should really hire Valeriy Lobanovskyi as a mentor to JA. He was the Dinamo Kiev coach who at the same time as Rinus Michaels introduced pressing compact modern football. He used to make his team train by tying them all together with lengths of rope so that they were forced to keep shape by moving as a team and teaching them how to stay compact. Heart could really benefit from this.

Not only do we play much too open when we are away (at least until we are sitting on the 6 yard line), but we didn't press at all at the WSW game. When the WSW players were pressing they often had 3 players on our player with the ball, that meant that we had 4 unmarked players on the field much of the time. Where the fuck were they? Why didn't we ever exploit the space that WSW opened up for us?

• Like 1

Our midfield was the weak link, the area of the pitch responsible for setting up play, keeping posession and controlling tempo of the game, were non existant. Kalmar has prooved to me in the last couple of weeks his no good, barely worthy of a bench spot. Too slow, no impetus on his behalf, and too much of a luxury player.

Then you have germano and thompson, both fairly similiar in style and doing effectively the same job. Grella will hopefully displace one of them, preferrably thompson and we can start building up from there. Garcia on the win just looks wrong, Williams, who im a fan of, really needs to work on his finishing and taking on his man more than what he does. I dont know whether its from lack of ability or confidence, but should try taking the man on rather than first time balls galore.

Tadic had a bad game, but babalj and him might work i feel. All this makes me think a 4-4-2 system would work better with our crop of player.

Guy's, just wondering, are you not giving enough credit to the Wanderers? They played an absolute blinder and would have beaten pretty much anyone on the night.

In saying that, your midfield was the crux of your issues. Seemed to be getting over run, out enthused and out thought. On top of that, just simply could never find the completely existent overlap once Mooy was subbed for LaRocca.

Guy's, just wondering, are you not giving enough credit to the Wanderers? They played an absolute blinder and would have beaten pretty much anyone on the night.

In saying that, your midfield was the crux of your issues. Seemed to be getting over run, out enthused and out thought. On top of that, just simply could never find the completely existent overlap once Mooy was subbed for LaRocca.

I think everyone agrees here that WSW definitly deserved the win. Everyone here is just sick of our away preformances. Ie: we dont turn up

I think everyone agrees here that WSW definitly deserved the win. Everyone here is just sick of our away preformances. Ie: we dont turn up

Exactly This - We actually looked like the side that was a Man Down.

• Like 2

I know it's a big call, but I think you guys will come out firing against Victory and win 1-0. To be honest, probably a good time to meet them. They had a very easy win over East Sydney, and as usual, think their shit doesn't stink. You guy's have a point to prove. I actually don't think you've played that bad this year, you're one of those danger teams (like us, WSW) that when you put it together, you can beat anyone.

You created a lot of chances against us and to be frank were very unlucky not to score at the death. Covic was a fucking demon that day. You had a couple of decent chances.

Give your midfield a complete rocket, get them to focus ( in a derby no problems) and I think you guys can win this weekend.

Covic was a fucking demon that day.

This. Ante is one of the better keepers in the league. Very underrated. Saved your arses many times this season! Vucktree's too many times last season. (Goodwins strike in his debut game comes to mind so quickly).