Melbourne Football

Bolton to return?

cpantlin

I think JA made the right move giving Redders a chance, and apart from his poor clearance that was supposed to go to Walker but went out and then the goal was scored his kicking has been great. But his keeping has been shaky, no clean sheets, never looked like saving the penalties he has had to face up to, and his howler against Sydney cost us 3 points. Time for Clint to return?

No, how else will he learn? He'll be our #1 next year, and as our season is pretty much over we may as well give Redders time to settle in and learn from his mistakes.

Bolton has been a wonderful custodian for us, but Redders is the future and we need to recognize that. No knee jerk reactions - there's ten other guys in front of him remember.

People want a youth policy but then want to drop them after a bad game.. Not how it works and can't have it both ways..

Leave Redders and start Bolton in our last home game, depending on the situation, to give him the farewell he deserves. Then Bolton should be made goalkeeper coach or something else within the club.

• Like 1

Understand Redders is the future, but there are another 11 games to play this season and we are two points off 5th place, which would potentially be a final against the Visitards. We need our best side on the park, and for me that is Bolton in goal.

never looked like saving the penalties

If thats a main reason you want him gone then it shows he deserves to stay.

Bolton has always been great at saving penalties, notably in the 3-2 derby win last year before Christmas.

Understand Redders is the future, but there are another 11 games to play this season and we are two points off 5th place, which would potentially be a final against the Visitards. We need our best side on the park, and for me that is Bolton in goal.

never looked like saving the penalties

If thats a main reason you want him gone then it shows he deserves to stay.

Bolton has always been great at saving penalties, notably in the 3-2 derby win last year before Christmas.

Thats the only save I can remember him making. The only other 2 missed penalties against us that I remember were when Berisha missed, and when Glory hit the post.

I can't see redmayne being our long term no.1, currently he is the worst keeper in the a league with only paston from Wellington coming close to him. As long as we still have a realistic chance at finals I think that we should be playing Bolton, who is still currently a better option than redders.

I'd definitely look at bringing in a established no.1 next season but I wouldn't have a clue to who is and isn't available.

I can't see redmayne being our long term no.1, currently he is the worst keeper in the a league with only paston from Wellington coming close to him. As long as we still have a realistic chance at finals I think that we should be playing Bolton, who is still currently a better option than redders.

I'd definitely look at bringing in a established no.1 next season but I wouldn't have a clue to who is and isn't available.

Liam Reddy is now a free agent along with maybe Velaphi..and if reading set to be relegated we could use some salary cap to purchase Federici (bit unrealistic)

Yeah im not a fan of Redders either...with bolton set to retire we could make a play at Velaphi (next year) at Victory with Coe and Thomas set to stay there. Velaphi number one keeper with a new 18 year old keeper second in charge would be nice

You want a guy who is 3rd in line at his current club with 2 bad keepers ahead of him?

Yeah im not a fan of Redders either...with bolton set to retire we could make a play at Velaphi (next year) at Victory with Coe and Thomas set to stay there. Velaphi number one keeper with a new 18 year old keeper second in charge would be nice

You want a guy who is 3rd in line at his current club with 2 bad keepers ahead of him?

His not the worst keeper going around..its just that ange was going on about wanting a keeper who can play from the back..plus Coe is pretty good...wouldnt mind him

What am I reading. Velaphi?

I need a lie down.

Redmayne has potential. Sure he stuffed up the first one, but generally he has been good pulled off a few saves particularly in his first game which were rippers. The talent has always been there.

Also from memory, he wasn't let go by Roar, he left for first team opportunities. He was our number one then Bolton had a rethink.

For me, we support him and his confidence will grow and he will be every good for us.

3 games in, still think bolton is a better keeper. A few mistakes cost him his spot which is fair enough.

Redders makes me nervous every time he puts the ball back in play (or over the sidelines).

If Bolton's time is over we should be looking for more keeping options. With Redmaynes yellow card tally , im sure boots will make another appearance very soon.

3 games in, still think bolton is a better keeper. A few mistakes cost him his spot which is fair enough.

Redders makes me nervous every time he puts the ball back in play (or over the sidelines).

If Bolton's time is over we should be looking for more keeping options. With Redmaynes yellow card tally , im sure boots will make another appearance very soon.

He only put one over the sideline. Bolton had done that countless number of times.

He only put one over the sideline. Bolton had done that countless number of times.

Agree.

If we were to go through Clints Howler Higlights DVD over the course of his career with us we'd see plenty worse than what Redmayne has done.

Redmayne needs a proper chance- 6-8 weeks- not 3 and his out. Besides the clubd needs to plan for the future. Redmayne may not be the future yet, but we know Bolton isn't.

We need to persist with Redmayne so he can develop more and more, so far he has grown an incredible amount from what I have seen from his first few Youth games, to the now First Team Keeper he is becoming.

But we also need the blocking beast Bolton for when Redmayne pulls too many stupid Yellow cards (seems to have some form of yellow plastic magnet that brings them out of Refs pockets at random times) and is forced to the sidelines. Would much rather Bolton back at that point then a 18yr old who has only played a hand full of youth games, especially if we are still in a tight running for points for finals.

Get behind Redders.

He will reward you.

• Like 4