Melbourne Football

Active Area Changes

biancorosso7

They won't even let them have those after match functions anymore. They can only have 3 for the season.

Hopefully seating/ standing arrangements can be discussed at the fan forum. It all need's a rethink.

Ah, I wondered why those functions were no longer being held. So we can't hold a function in the function room leased to our major sponsor? On what basis I wonder?

I don't know the full details. Just heard from some guys that asked the club and they said they are only allowed the room for 3 games this season. Don;t know the reason behind it. I guess they don't make much from the bar) My mate went up there after the first home game (I think) and said it was packed. Stadium staff turned everyone away and wouldn't open the bar. That's why they have been having them at that cafe (not that I know details about that. Just saw a post somewhere about after match function. I don't think many people even know about that!!)

The club should start having an after match function at the Imperial. Make it truly our pub. The Imperial wouldn't mind because of business and it has a license for 24 hours so will stay open so long as people are drinking.

They need to engage with fans after a game. This idea will fit into creating the culture we need to bring more people to the club.

Edit:

Also stuff AAMI Park. Need to look at standing up for ourselves and if that doesn't work getting the hell out of there.

Edited by Melburnian

The club should start having an after match function at the Imperial. Make it truly our pub. The Imperial wouldn't mind because of business and it has a license for 24 hours so will stay open so long as people are drinking.

They need to engage with fans after a game. This idea will fit into creating the culture we need to bring more people to the club.

Edit:

Also stuff AAMI Park. Need to look at standing up for ourselves and if that doesn't work getting the hell out of there.

If there aren't many people going to the post match function before when its so close and easy upstairs, I doubt anyone would trek extra distance and painfully go to the imp.

I suspect the reason they're not doing it any more was due to poor turnout to those. It's usually the same people.

I for one, brought some friends of mine last season along to a couple since I had x2 membership. They somewhat liked it.

To be honest , I much preferred the cafe one this season. aLL the players were there rather than just a few token ones.

I think it's about changing the culture.

Now not every player has to turn up like the other function just a couple and this is rotated. What I found is its not advertised. Have it on the scoreboard throughout.

You should get a turn out as a few people go back to the Imp anyway, if you advertise it you will have more. I just want to start having a culture within our fan base of everything I said. Before, after and away at the Imperial, everyone not just Yarraside.

Building a Heart community within the fans. That way when new people do come it's established and they feel this togetherness and culture and no matter what happens on the field, it's something they want part of.

The problem with a couple of players only is they get swarmed a lot. As much as I have always admired the heart player's humbleness, I found you were less likely to engage in a conversation with them due to cueing.

The togetherness is definitely something I enjoyed from season 1 so no disagreement there. However, I'd much prefer a better quality than a quantity if post match functions.

It is something that sets us apart from MVFC

The problem with a couple of players only is they get swarmed a lot. As much as I have always admired the heart player's humbleness, I found you were less likely to engage in a conversation with them due to cueing.

The togetherness is definitely something I enjoyed from season 1 so no disagreement there. However, I'd much prefer a better quality than a quantity if post match functions.

It is something that sets us apart from MVFC

Yeah I see what you mean. I just think the club should hold something. Extremely disappointing to take a few mates last week up the stairs and be told there is no after match. Was looking forward to introducing some players to my mates get them even more keen on the club.

well how about if some prominant members who are vocal all took a particular bay in the GA section and started pumping up the crowd and urging them to sing soon the whole of yarraside can become an active area

I proposed this last week and as Duke of Hearts rightly said in reply we need to address this properly with the club.

On Sunday I was poked in the back by the bloke two rows back when I stood up which I tend to do. Against Newcastle I was told to sit down by the man behind me. In other places around the world when something exciting is happening the whole crowd rises. This however is not the Australian way and the people behind me are correct in thinking they should be able to sit and watch the match without having their view blocked. This is after all what they have paid for and expect and I don't want to alienate or cause frustration with our own supporters.

Football however is not the movies or the opera. Nor is it AFL.

It was interesting though when after I had been poked in the back when I stood up and remained standing and joining in with the active area two minutes or so from the end and obliged the fellow by sitting down, half a minute or so later the bulk of the rear of bay 17 stood up and joined in with the terrace.

As I have posted before I believe the the designated active area is hindering the growth and support of the Yarra end. Sunday showed that our supporters want to get involved but find it difficult because of the culture that has been laid down by the club and AAMI park.

I will contact the supporters liason fellow this week or next to voice this issue.

If you are in GA remain loud.

• Like 1

The whole South end to be active. Get this message out.

Start by spiting the terrace into the adjacent bay, then up, then everywhere.

Seriously think the club could get the terrace to go up just need enough messaging/voice on the issue, the flogs have got it already so no OH&S argument is valid, this hopefully can persuade them.

Just went on twitter, good to see a couple of fans pressing the issue to Munn.

Anyone else with a twitter account, probably a good idea to get on it and do the same...

People power works, as we've seen before.

People power will change this club.

yeah i got onto that this morning, People power will make the change. If not this season you would think next season we will see a change in active end seating.

I have a few mates who would be interested in joining in in the active area for the Adelaide game. Seems like an absolute pain in the arse to organise though.

Meet me at the Imperial or at gate before game and ill get you active tickets through my membership for you and mates. Then stand with the rest of us. Not hard at all.

Well, what I meant is that it should be a lot easier to do.

I've got an active membership, but are there restrictions on the amount of extra tickets you can get?

When's the earliest you can get tickets? Because I'd love to get them down to the Imp before the match .

Edited by pringa
  • Like 1

Well, what I meant is that it should be a lot easier to do.

I've got an active membership, but are there restrictions on the amount of extra tickets you can get?

When's the earliest you can get tickets? Because I'd love to get them down to the Imp before the match .

You shouldn't have an issue. I got four extra tickets last week, after being at the Imp all afternoon. Just go to ticket booth and tell them how many active tickets you need. You will be allocated in the active bays so find a spot and chant. Easy. No dramas.

• Like 1

I have a few mates who would be interested in joining in in the active area for the Adelaide game. Seems like an absolute pain in the arse to organise though.

Easy way is buy GA and sit in bay 18 close to Yarraside. During start if game, just wander over where there are gaps. Or wait till half time.

Otherwise just buy active for your mates if you have active

• Like 1

Not hard. Easiest way is to buy GA and sit close to Yarraside initially in bay 18. Then just migrate over or worst until half time.

Or do the new proper way of buying active for mates. Should be plenty of space for extras.

That's the beauty of having 18 GA now, fans can get a lot closer to it without the hassle of organising an active ticket. Having bay 16 and 18 empty makes us feel so distant to GA and its harder to get people involved because it acts as a bit of a barrier...

It sounds as if supporters of most clubs in this league have similar gripes.

http://au.fourfourtw...of-silence.aspx

The rigid grip of FFA is palpable. Clubs and their supporters are just not being allowed to develop as they should be. IMO FFA is hindering the development of the A-League. On the one hand commentators bemoan the lack of club 'identity', and on the other hand FFA won't let clubs develop in their own way.

Apparently Scott munn will allow this as a trial as long as there's a good turnout for the 18th. So get your mates along.

Hope if he does trial it, it's as a standing area and not just active. Incase all the active members don't fill it others can stand in. There will be plenty that would like to that aren't active members.

Although in saying that. If the whole 17 bay was only 3/4 full it will force GA members to move down so it will look better and telly.

Edited by thedukeofhearts