Melbourne Football

Active Area Changes

biancorosso7

Well That was a raging succes...

Watching the reply now, probably fair to say that is the best we've ever sounded, except for maybe derby 5. There were still a few luls but something we can work on considering many in there last night had their first taste.

Now to work on getting a full bay 17 instead...

• Like 2

Well That was a raging succes...

Watching the reply now, probably fair to say that is the best we've ever sounded, except for maybe derby 5. There were still a few luls but something we can work on considering many in there last night had their first taste.

Now to work on getting a full bay 17 instead...

we sound so good

Last night is exactly how it should from now on in. Being in Yarraside and experiencing that type of atmosphere reminded me of going to the Derby, electric atmosphere! Having watch the reply of the game today aswel, we looked superb, and sounded great. Last night's set up with the Yarraside and the sorrounding bay, how it should be from now on in! Hopeful of another turn out like that for our next home game.

People sitting down left of bay 17

Also cohesion needs to improve and chant involvement

I was standing in 17, and to be fair, there were a LOT of toddlers around, seems the parents didn't get the memo about it being standing/active.

Saw a fair few standing up, then sitting straight back down so they weren't blocking the view.

I was in bay 17 on Friday night and was good but there were to many people sitting down and when we did stand up to try and make everyone else stand up, we started to cop it from the people behind us. Oh and there were a few little kids amongst it all and actually some of them were more active then the old bastards!

I was in bay 17 on Friday night and was good but there were to many people sitting down and when we did stand up to try and make everyone else stand up, we started to cop it from the people behind us.

tell them there are plenty of spots at the other end next time

Edited by Yanou

I was in bay 17 on Friday night and was good but there were to many people sitting down and when we did stand up to try and make everyone else stand up, we started to cop it from the people behind us. Oh and there were a few little kids amongst it all and actually some of them were more active then the old bastards!

Thats what people have to do, just stand in the area, people will then realise, its active area, and join in, or they can go find another seat in aami if there that annoyed. Dont let them try and make you sit down!

• Like 1

Thats what people have to do, just stand in the area, people will then realise, its active area, and join in, or they can go find another seat in aami if there that annoyed. Dont let them try and make you sit down!

I'll come bay 17 next home game and stand with u guys. The more people standing, the clearer the message will be that people who want to sit can move somewhere else.

Also I'm still holding a bit of a grudge against pert glory after the finals elimination last season, so it'll be great to be there in full voice n get our boys over the line just like earlier this season

It's bay 16 you're talking about? 17 is the middle one. 18 is the shady side a d 16 the sunny side.

We stood in 16 and weren't going to budge for anyone. Holding the banner certainly helped with the cAuse

Yeah I was at bay 16 last game. I'm wrapped that it's GA coz at least for now until I get a membership I can still be close to the Yside. Standing n chanting is significantly better than being behind and sitting.

• Like 1

I saw one chap in the right hand bay about three rows from the back ( glasses and tatts?) who was determined to stand despite the pressure from the families with toddlers around him. I salut you sir for trying. I have had similar issues as a regular in that bay being wanting to stand but no one else doing it. we need to draw the line from here on in. If your infront of a tarp you have to stand

According to Scott Munn on twitter tonight, he said that 3 game flexi will be allowed into active. Looks like they're opening it up for rest of season.

TennielleB

@OneMelburnian @scott_munn Just wondering if the 3 game flexi includes any active support areas? My orderly is keen 2 stand! #whatalegend

Scott Munn

@TennielleB @onemelburnian yes it will.

its a sad reflection of the way the game/stadium is run these days that people are being dictated as to whether they have to sit down. Its a football match ffs!!! Embarrassing almost. If i wanted to sit down i would go to the tennis. Also some blame should be directed to the people that do sit down in these areas. Surely they know what they are getting themselves into by choosing to watch the game from these areas. Its not like they dont have another 75% of the stadium to choose from as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The Club would like to clarify the South End seating arrangement for the remainder of the season at AAMI Park. After the success of our ‘Own the Experience’ match at our last home game, we can confirm that the front half of bays 16, 17 & 18 on the South End of the stadium will be open Active Supporter areas and are therefore STANDING ONLY. This is a key aspect of the active supporter experience and we want to make sure there is nobody sitting in there. The areas will have a tarp to indicate the difference between the two categories. All other areas of the Yarraside will remain General Admission and GA members have the additional option of the North end of the stadium.

Edited by pringa
  • Like 6

The Club would like to clarify the South End seating arrangement for the remainder of the season at AAMI Park. After the success of our ‘Own the Experience’ match at our last home game, we can confirm that the front half of bays 16, 17 & 18 on the South End of the stadium will be open Active Supporter areas and are therefore STANDING ONLY. This is a key aspect of the active supporter experience and we want to make sure there is nobody sitting in there. The areas will have a tarp to indicate the difference between the two categories. All other areas of the Yarraside will remain General Admission and GA members have the additional option of the North end of the stadium.

130831979143.jpg

• Like 1

Would be great if the club informed security of this "standing only" in bays 16-18. Anyone sitting during the game should be forced to stand or sit elsewhere.

It was mentioned in fan forum to ask that it is shown in full view on Screens to ensure that these are standing only. Whether they tell security as well, that would also be good.

Would be great if the club informed security of this "standing only" in bays 16-18. Anyone sitting during the game should be forced to stand or sit elsewhere.

It was mentioned in fan forum to ask that it is shown in full view on Screens to ensure that these are standing only. Whether they tell security as well, that would also be good.

Should def be on big screens and/or signs on the black tarps at the back of the bay etc