Melbourne Football

Round 8 - Melbourne FC vs Newcastle Jets - 5:30 Saturday 24/11/12 AAMI Park

Hammerhead

On the basis of one game coming back from injury? Absolutely ridiculous. Like anyone, when he gets a run of games, he'll be much better. You've been looking to end his career for a while now and its bewildering. One of the best players in the league last year should no longer be playing? He will prove you wrong, but I doubt you'll acknowledge it.

I knew you wouldn't agree, so we'll have to agree to differ. One game? Not at all. It's eight games into the season. We have to look at what people are delivering now, not what they did last season. It's the same in any job actually.

Totally agree with you Sash.

There's a lady at my work, she's not really into soccer but on Mondays she usually asks me how Heart did on the weekend. This season mostly I have to tell her we've lost, or had a disappointing draw.

Earlier this week I said to her, you should come to the Newcastle game, good time, nice weather etc.

She said, nah I don't think so, why would I want to watch a losing team?

Just one person, but I really think this is the number one thing that determines attendances.

At least for the last two home games we have scored lots of goals, so noone could say its not entertaining,

But that disappointing atmosphere after not winning a game would probably prevent some people from coming back.

I have the same problem Natalie.

The responses I get when I ask people to games usually ranges from the quoted "nah" through to "I have a lot to do, and watching the A-League isn't one of them!".

The club has to do something.

I wanted aloisi sacked before the season started.

I believe I asked for the "Sack Aloisi" thread to be re-named to allow positive or negative discussion.

A shame there can't be more positive things said. Maybe he doesn't need the sack, but something needs to change either in the coaching area or behind the scenes.

What is going on?

Interesting that this season, after 8 games, we are in almost exactly the same position as we were last season. This season we are 2-2-4, with 8 points and in 8th position, last we were 2-3-3, with 9 points and in 7th position.

I don't have the progressive league tables for 2010-11, but after 8 rounds in that inaugural season we were again in a 2-2-4 situation.

We can point to all sorts of factors of course, but overall it seems that in each season to date we have not been switched on mentally for the start of the season proper.

• Like 4

Overall, what I see is a club run by an administration with a culture that lacks ambition, lacks leadership, and a competitive spirit. This culture of negativity permeates all the way to the players on the pitch. The FFA willl make sure the club doesn't fold-it won't give up 100,000 ticket sales from the derbies-but I think we're headed for some tough times on and off the pitch.

Yep, the club gives all the impression that it's happy being small brother to the tards, small spending and flying under the radar. Not the kind of image that gains support. While we're applauded for our community engagement, we need the board to spruik big - give the impression of ambition. Talk of Becks to Heart is a step in the right direction - whether it comes off or not I like the media exposure we're getting.