Melbourne Football

British style support

1st off I just want to say a big ups to the Yarraside boys as I think the job they do supporting the club for 90 mins non stop ..... well done and keep it up guys!!!

But now to my point, there are a lot out there who don't follow that style of support and like a much more relaxed, stand with the boys and have a sing song over a beer!!

Now having only been to one heart game and looking for a club to "passionately" support here in oz are the any liked mined lads who are up for the British style of support.... we would either be at the back to support to Yarraside or in the corner at aami park and I am sure we could get a lot more people singing as they are easy to catch on or are one line songs etc

Let me know if there is any of this already or if anyone is interested in standing together

• Like 3

The thing lads need to realise is that there's no 'British style support' or 'Continental style support' in Yarraside. It's a wholly bastardised form taking its cues from all over the world.

The main thing is to stand and sing for 90 minutes.

Like I have said it's just a view I had after 1 game... I have absolute respect for what you lads are doing it's just not my style of support and I think there is room for many types of support (euro/south American, British etc)

I an not one to sing for 90 mins and be organised etc...to old for that Shit now ha ha. I'm more for standing with mates having a laugh, a drink and a bit of banter

See I've been thinking of this for a while now, I love the march to the pitch, I love the chants but I'm more leaning towards the English style, I don't think ultra style is the way to go.

I'd love to be in a group within the yarraside who follow the English / British style.

And are not 15 years of age.

Just sayin.

• Like 1

ive seen this before in the last couple of seasons, its more of a group of lads a few rows behind to the left yelling shit at the opposing keeper etc and getting a few laughs from the others.

I know who you are talking about. The ginger bloke.

Really nice guy. infact, that whole group is pretty easy going.

From what i have noticed...

They only scream shit when its quiet, not over the chants.

They also urge the ppl around them to get involved with the chants and leave without a voice.

They also sneak in ppl from neighbouring bays that want to get involved with the chants and atmosphere :)

Not to mention they blow a fair amount of money on drinks for the ppl around them. :D

I'm not sure if your against this or not tbh, I hope you don't think that its a bad thing? People look forward to going to the game not only for the team but also for the comradery in the terrace.

corner flag and give opposing players shit when they take the corner :):P

I had a picture of this somewhere :D

I honestly don't understand this fixation some people have with 'styles'. To me it's pretty simple -

Are you singing and supporting the lads on the field? If you're not, then you start singing.

Some people just don't like the idea of being coordinated to sing which is the "ultra" style of support ... having one person lead and tell us what to sing and when etc...

Not that it's a bad thing it's just not suited to everyone!!

Some people just don't like the idea of being coordinated to sing which is the "ultra" style of support ... having one person lead and tell us what to sing and when etc...

Not that it's a bad thing it's just not suited to everyone!!

With all due respect, I think you've only been to one match. Stand with the Rooster Kop and you'll be fine. :)

With all due respect, I think you've only been to one match. Stand with the Rooster Kop and you'll be fine. :)

What does having been to one match got to do with anything?..... not once have I said anywhere that I dislike what you as the "capo" do or anything like that it's actually the total opposite!

All I have ever done was put out the idea of people standing together who like to support in a different style!

No matter what happens I'll be at the pub, singing getting drunk talking about hot 15 yr old chicks in year 10, and how hot they'll be in 5 years time, I'll be talking about tits, beer, my dads gyro he cooked last week, and about beating those sheep fuckers.

Yarraside all the way!