Melbourne Football

LIVERPOOL F.C

Scouser

Agree, this has turned into a bit of a shit slinging match so it's probably best to leave it here.

For the record though, none of my comments on FB yesterday were about Hillsborough.

Utter shite again

Quote from FB yesterday "For the record, I don't think there should have been a minute silence because; neither club playing was involved in the Hillsborough disaster (you don't see every club being made to have moments silence for every disaster)"

Agree, this has turned into a bit of a shit slinging match so it's probably best to leave it here.

For the record though, none of my comments on FB yesterday were about Hillsborough.

Utter shite again

Quote from FB yesterday "For the record, I don't think there should have been a minute silence because; neither club playing was involved in the Hillsborough disaster (you don't see every club being made to have moments silence for every disaster)"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IMO he deserved to be sacked - You are Liverpool FFS you should expect only the best.

Accepting sub-par results gets you nowhere.

This is why Liverpool are where they are now because the Reds stopped performing on the Pitch twenty years ago yet the fans kept applauding.

Just like a lot of Celtic supporters in the 90's until really 2000...

And almost all Geelong supporters from the late 60's until 2007...

Edited by cadete

Carling Cup and FA cup final would have been a pass mark I would have thought. Not like the reds have been winning everything and Kenny has scuttled the ship. Where did you finish in 2010-11? 6th/7th? with no trophies and (correct if im wrong) no european football spot finishing 6th/7th, I would have thought no euro football in 8th with a trophy and another Cup final spot would have been a small improvement.

Perhaps im looking at it the wrong wayt? I spose it's all about the league then really.

Carling Cup and FA cup final would have been a pass mark I would have thought. Not like the reds have been winning everything and Kenny has scuttled the ship. Where did you finish in 2010-11? 6th/7th? with no trophies and (correct if im wrong) no european football spot finishing 6th/7th, I would have thought no euro football in 8th with a trophy and another Cup final spot would have been a small improvement.

Perhaps im looking at it the wrong wayt? I spose it's all about the league then really.

Unacceptable in my mind for the Liverpool Football Club...

And its not like it is an unfixable situation either: Imagine if he had spent the money he had to spend as well it has been to the North-East @ NUFC.

Edited by cadete

And its not like it is an unfixable situation either: Imagine if he had spent the money he had to spend as well it has been to the North-East @ NUFC.

Excuse the ignorance(sincere), but did he have the money?

Unacceptable in my mind for the Liverpool Football Club...

What's acceptable though? I don't mean to start a shitfight and im not taking the piss nor do pretend to know the intricacies but Liverpool haven't won a title since the EPL's inception right? 1 ECL, 3 FA cups, 3 League cups since the EPL's creation.

Isn't a league cup and an FA cup final sort of on par in recent history?

To answer the first question: Andy Carroll

(Don’t start Reds Fans – This money could have been spent better for more Immediate Results.)

In response to the second question Liverpool’s aim like Man Utd should always be Immediate results like the League.

Look at how far Celtic were adrift of things for most of the 90’s (At one stage for two seasons Gers Reserves would have done us almost every time) and we still came back “properly” in 2000 against a good Gers side.

Edited by cadete

You realise Adebayor's wage is bigger than anyone's at Liverpool?

Taking into consideration the fact he would come on a free, and wouldn't cost 35m, and you know the 55m they got from your mob for Torres, I think it wouldn't have been too crippling. Besides, Adebayor is proven at PL level, you know wherever he goes he will score goals and improve that team. Andy Carroll isn't.

Taking into consideration the fact he would come on a free, and wouldn't cost 35m, and you know the 55m they got from your mob for Torres, I think it wouldn't have been too crippling. Besides, Adebayor is proven at PL level, you know wherever he goes he will score goals and improve that team. Andy Carroll isn't.

How would he be coming on a free, in a time WHEN Carrol was bought? I don't even know if he is available on a free now.

It's certainly not what I want DP.

I respect him as a manager, definitely. But as I said in my last post (I think), we have the money to get a top, TOP manager here now. Let's do that.

EDIT: Didn't read that specific article but I assume it is similar to one I read this morning, where Wigan had given us permission to talk to him. I'm hoping that is more of just an interviewing type thing, and not that "talk to him" means "offer him a contract".

Edited by Duchess

Can't understand why Liverpool aren't looking at Capello (as far as I'm aware)?

He said he wants to remain in England, and there aren't many clubs with positions available.

Although he loves London, Chelsea now look content enough with RDM, so IMO Liverpool should be having a serious look.

You guys saying City aren't desperate to get rid of Adebayor and will handpass him to the first suitor are silly. Why have another guy on $200,000+ a week in the reserve team?

Would save them money letting him go for free. He's an expensive one, that is for sure. Something like wanting to build football academies all across Africa.

• 2 weeks later...