18. Curtis Good, 18, Melbourne

21. Kliment Taseski, 19, Melbourne

Midfielders

5. Fred, 32, Brazil (Visa)

6. Matt Thompson, 28, Sydney (VC)

7. Rutger Worm, 25, Netherlands (Visa)

8. Kristian Sarkies, 24, Melbourne

10. Wayne Srhoj, 29, North QLD

13. Jonatan Germano, 23, Argentina (Visa)

20. Adrian Zahra, 20, Melbourne

22. Nick Kalmar, 23, Melbourne

23. Mate Dugandzic, 21, Melbourne

Forwards:

9. Maycon, 25, Brazil (Visa)

11. Alex Terra, 29, Brazil (Visa)

14. Kamal Ibrahim, 18, Melbourne/Ethiopia

15. David Williams, 23, Brisbane

17. Jason Hoffman, 22, Newcastle

19. Eli Babalj, 19, Perth/Bosnia and Herzegovina

Senior Squad Size: 23

Squad Average Age: 25

Squad Make up: Melbourne 10, Qld 4, NSW 3, Brazil 3, WA 1, Argentina 1, Netherlands 1.

• Like 1

even better news Terra is here to stay, I was at a training in December and one of the trainers said so how do you like it in Melbourne and he said yeah its good I want to stay for 2-3 more years would be good.

Lets hope he keeps his word.

Don't know why it is particularly good news. He has been average at best this season, he often goes missing during the course of the game (Despite having his moments). He has played in 11 or so games this season and kicked 2 goals (Most games off the bench). And he doesn't really fit into the sort of system JVS is using.

• Like 1

Don't know why it is particularly good news. He has been average at best this season, he often goes missing during the course of the game (Despite having his moments). He has played in 11 or so games this season and kicked 2 goals (Most games off the bench). And he doesn't really fit into the sort of system JVS is using.

good point, we'll see what happens in the future but tbh I would love him to stay. Even though I agree with what your saying.

I love Terra...

But I have agree that he can really go missing in games, and you would not want to have to rely on him to perform in a finals campaign on his form this year.

I find it hard to see him and Mate being in the same starting lineup as its better to have a crossing winger to get the best out of Mate, and lets face it when need Mate at his best to do our most damage at the end of the year.

I find it funny that people say "doesnt fit our system" or "doesnt fit JVS system" or things of the like.

We dont have a system - we have many.

JVS doesnt use one set syetem, he incorporates each players own playing style, and blends them into the overall tactics.

Every player in our squad has a role to play.

• Like 1

I find it funny that people say "doesnt fit our system" or "doesnt fit JVS system" or things of the like.

We dont have a system - we have many.

JVS doesnt use one set syetem, he incorporates each players own playing style, and blends them into the overall tactics.

Every player in our squad has a role to play.

It's more for me he takes up one of our Foreign Visa spots, and tends to go missing a majority of the match when he starts. JVS may use different tactical systems, but it just isn't working out for Terra regardless. And I am assuming he is already on a fat wage, down solely to his reputation alone and to lets be honest, isn't contributing much this season.

Edited by Nietzsche

It's more for me he takes up one of our Foreign Visa spots, and tends to go missing a majority of the match when he starts. JVS may use different tactical systems, but it just isn't working out for Terra regardless. And I am assuming he is already on a fat wage, down solely to his reputation alone and to lets be honest, isn't contributing much this season.

In those points, you're very right.

He is most likely being overpaid for what his contributions have, or have not, been.

But I still think he is required at the club.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed a few days ago that on the Heart website Sebastian Mattei is now named as an A-League player (along with Roganovic and Bolton), but that the picture and biography attached to his name are those of Vince Lia (Wellington Phoenix). I presume that this is just a stuff-up, but nevertheless I'm intrigued. Does Lia come out of contract with the Phoenix at the end of this season?

Edited by jw1739

• 3 weeks later...

I still reckon he will leave in May-July.

i wouldn't be so sure on that, if that was the case he would have been signed on a while ago as the major sticking point for a new contract was the wages being offered compared to that being demanded. He wouldn't be trying to get higher wages for next season if he was not going to be around