Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Lol. But seriously i'm hoping North Melbourne can at least push top six this year, we have the list to do it.

Not really?

Anyway, hoping to see a good year from the tiges, highly doubt it though- same routtene- we will miss finals and hardwick will be sacked, then back to another 5 year plan!

How the shit is not making the 8 considered "improving"?

Pies with a handy list going into the year, can't see many topping us, maybe Geelong or Hawks but that's it.

Looking foward to seeing the emergence of GCS and GWS and all their rookies. The competition is all theirs in 3 years for the next 10, so may as well get a good look at all the future stars.

How the shit is not making the 8 considered "improving"?

Pies with a handy list going into the year, can't see many topping us, maybe Geelong or Hawks but that's it.

Looking foward to seeing the emergence of GCS and GWS and all their rookies. The competition is all theirs in 3 years for the next 10, so may as well get a good look at all the future stars.

Due to the fact the past few years they have been rancid. Player development and meeting KPI's for a start.

Looking forward to seeing players that we will be seeing for 10 years? I can wait.

Edited by Woody

Just because St Kilda have next to none quality youngsters coming through, doesn't mean you should be bitter towards other team's kids.

Also, read in the paper that a certain someone's look alike Nathan Vardy may never play AFL footy again, quite sad if true as he looked the goods.

Should have been "Tomahawk"...fucking cunt. Has played one good game in his life and it had to be a grand final.

• Like 1

Just because St Kilda have next to none quality youngsters coming through, doesn't mean you should be bitter towards other team's kids.

Also, read in the paper that a certain someone's look alike Nathan Vardy may never play AFL footy again, quite sad if true as he looked the goods.

Should have been "Tomahawk"...fucking cunt. Has played one good game in his life and it had to be a grand final.

You obviously have no idea about our club then. Just as expected.

Few more years and we'll be back in the fold.

I'm no AFL expert.

Clearly.

Neither am I, but we saw Gold Coast begin to compete with the established clubs albeit for in inconsistent patches towards the end of their first season. I can even recall the last time we played them, they shut us down and outscored us whilst making it look easy (which is not easy at all)

You're saying a team who has Gary Ablett amongst others, and 10+ 22-23y/o high end draft picks won't be able to go toe to toe with the best clubs?

EDIT: Woody, please give me an example of any young player from St Kilda who has the potential to win a brownlow, or even be a top 5 player in the game in the next 8 years?

Edited by marteaux

Whatever you say, sarge. R.I.P. Sainters, I guess.

Strong response.

523033_1_O.jpg619.jpg080411_Ledger_ICarticle.jpg

simpkin_tom_280053_l.jpg150411_arsiposs_IChome%20-%20Copy.jpgRhys+Stanley+5jCOLMSlrXQm.jpg

steven-v-cats246a.jpgnick_winmar_290456_l.jpg

Remember the faces dipshit. These are our pups that have already debuted. Count the other 6 guns that have yet to play and have just entered the system then enter seasoned vets such as Goddard and Hayes.

Stfu.

EDIT -Why are you always so smug?

Edited by Woody

You reckon all of those guys have the potential to win a Brownlow? Haha, Saints supporters are shocking.

Also: cadete, I am refusing to come to Geelong v Pies games with you this year.

1. I fear for my safety

2. I fear for the doors in your vicinity safety

3. We always lose when I go with you

Am going to watch it from home with a box of Krispy Creme originals and a box

of tissues in case we lose.. Again.

Clearly.

Neither am I, but we saw Gold Coast begin to compete with the established clubs albeit for in inconsistent patches towards the end of their first season. I can even recall the last time we played them, they shut us down and outscored us whilst making it look easy (which is not easy at all)

You're saying a team who has Gary Ablett amongst others, and 10+ 22-23y/o high end draft picks won't be able to go toe to toe with the best clubs?

EDIT: Woody, please give me an example of any young player from St Kilda who has the potential to win a brownlow, or even be a top 5 player in the game in the next 8 years?

Clearly? No need to be arrogant.

Hardly competed,

Yes I am saying that, there's next to no experience in them sides & young teams need at least 3 or 4 years (in any sport) to mature & blend fully with each other to start even competing at the top, think of it when your side has just started the "re building" phase, how long do you spend at the bottom? At least 4 years & even then most sides are older than these 2 sides.

You reckon all of those guys have the potential to win a Brownlow? Haha, Saints supporters are shocking.

Was collecting the images whilst you posted that Brownlow post. Playing for Brownlow's is like you rooting to give a chick and orgasm. It doesn't work.

Having said that players such as Cripps and Steven will be top 5 players in their own right.

I can guarantee you by the end of their careers a majority of them will be All Australians and have left the game as champions.

Edited by Woody

I think you're wrong on both counts.

Tiges won't make the 8, but they will improve. Same with Roos.

If we don't make the 8 I don't possibly see how we would have improved. Been sitting 9th for two years now.

I think 6-8th on the ladder is where we will end up. We have the easy draw this year, shouldn't be excuses.

This freedomofchoice lad, I like him.

Looking foward to seeing how big Jarrod Witts (208cm, 2nd biggest in league and only 19.) goes in the NAB cup. With Leigh Brown retired and Darren Jolly getting on a bit, would love to see the club blood him in this year as the second ruck and 3rd tall foward with Clokey and Dawes with DIDSY and Fasolo man to pick up the scraps. Apparently he's a good kick, great in the contest, deceptively fast, a fitness freak and gets down low well too.

• Like 1