Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Seriously you are the Hyundai of this forum...

Don't understand this at all?

Are you just mad that Geelong lost to a team they should have and would have spanked, well last year anyway?

If so, I know how you feel and we all have to channel our rage somewhere.... (my apologies for yesterday DP).

And if you're calling me a sheep, wow, good one, and what were you like as a 16 year old?

Don't understand this at all?

Are you just mad that Geelong lost to a team they should have and would have spanked, well last year anyway?

If so, I know how you feel and we all have to channel our rage somewhere.... (my apologies for yesterday DP).

And if you're calling me a sheep, wow, good one, and what were you like as a 16 year old?

A Hyundai is a inferior Korean Car when compared to the superior Japanese Honda – I am sure everyone else got it.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

North Melbourne cheersquad, albeit still a cheersquad, are easily the most colourful/visually appealing cheersquad in the AFL. Not that hard though, you could chuck The Beach into Gold Coast Suns supporters end and they'd produced organised support never seen before in the AFL, lol.

Looking foward to the Pies game on Saturday night, could be a good indicator of where our season is headed. Butter boy and Lord Cogadh, you chaps wanna go?

Observations.

Adelaide - Have a massive hatred for them and hurts me to see them playing well. Really keen on watching their footy through the year however. Perfectkly balanced list and on the doorstep of another era of silverware. This will obviously sound dumb after they got shown up by the Dorks, but I think they've got things in order over there.

Carlton - Wondered how long it was before I saw someone telling me they were premiership favourites. It's April, long way to go. They remind me too much of St Kilda. Top of the range draft picks that end up melting like Butter and a heavy reliance of a handful of players that can go missing extraordinarily easily. Just hope they believe their own hype.

Collingwood - Can't believe they are infighting already. Apart from Friday they haven't even been that bad. Team have shit performances (Look at the Cats) this same rule applies to everybody not just one or two lists. Will be there on the last day again.

Fremantle - The second in my list of three teams I'm extraordinarily keen to see where they are by season's end. On the verge of somethign special over there as well. Recruited well (always easy to say) but the running game they have wanted to implement over there is finally coming into fruition with a balanced list of players who can/will/do run all day.

Geelong - The final team in my list of 3. Really the final chapter in their era of greatness is yet to be written, but the quill might soon be dipped in the ink. I'm really not sure how they will go, but the competition has caught up and you can only fend off for so long.

Hawthorn- I'm beleiveing the hype. They play football the way I have alwasy wanted to see it. You only need watch 5 minutes of their game and you are caught bouncing around like the proverbial pinball. Awesome list, good football. My eventual premiers.

Melbourne - After this Doggies game. Win, lose or draw - The pressure will be off. They are expected to win for obvious reasons, but after the game the season starts again for them. Horrid pre season and carrying it over. Back 9 for them will be something to watch. Really like their list as well. Just missing the key forward, not sold on Clark as the answer.

North- Roo beauty. Under the radar as always + tyres pumped after a win = Not the greatest cycle to be in. List is coming together ala Melbourne style, but I rate the Roos higher. Can't wait to see them in the next few weeks. 2018 Roos V Dees granny. :)

Eagles - Cool team to watch. At the crossroads in a way as well. Entertaining football, but I just don't watch them enough. A contender none the less.

Dogs - Not going to right them off ever. Thrive off the fight obviously. Apart from Saturday (admittedly only saw extended Highlights) they have been ok. One of those teams who's win loss record has turned a few people off already. Only have to look at Cronulla and to a lesser extent Souths thios season and look how they are going. Sharks have got to where they are through Gal, Dogs need a player who's going to pull his teammates through the shit and they'll play for.

A lot of this people will heavily disagree with. I haven't seen a huge amount of the footy this year, but hopefully this gets some intelligent banter started rather than drivel and generic garbage.

Observations.

Melbourne - After this Doggies game. Win, lose or draw - The pressure will be off. They are expected to win for obvious reasons, but after the game the season starts again for them. Horrid pre season and carrying it over. Back 9 for them will be something to watch. Really like their list as well. Just missing the key forward, not sold on Clark as the answer.

We are also missing Maloney and Sylvia, two of out best players.

dont forget we are missing Jurrah too....

Modern day North don't want the 'shinboner spirit' to be assigned to them. They are trying to rid it.

Wrong.

The 'Shinboner Spirit' is an indivisble, inherent quality of the North Melbourne Footy Club. It was forged, never assigned and can never be ridden of.

The only thing the club wanted was for the media to sit up and start recoginsing the talent we have coming through and to stop reporting all our results in negative terms ie. gutsy, spirited, lucky etc.

• Like 1

What are talking about?

We all waited for that siren and abused those few seated Geelong supporters that did leave...

And please name the other times we have left early in the last 5 years???

Haha knew you would react like that haha just saying me and FB went straight down behind your goals looking for you ( haha felt funny almost like looking for horda and the derby) and then got a message that you where at some pub. You guys must of moved like wellsy and boomer the way you got that quick to the pub just saying.

Pretty disappointing that you have only stay til the final siren for only past 5 years. Highs and low

Edited by FB.

Argie WTF are you talking about?

We heard the siren and left, why should we have to hang around and watch another side celebrate a win?

Only stay for the siren in the past 5 years?

I have been staying for the siren since when Neville Bruns was still fucken playing for god's sake.

Just sounded like you where saying you have left early but not in the last 5 years(obviously in a successful period of the club)

Well I'm glad you always stay to the end regardless of the result. They are the true supporters. (btw only reason why level 3 was for the old man who can barely see he likes to viee the game from up top but tbh I don't mind it, great view from there but bloody hard to stay on my seat)

Your club moved from Moorabbin to Seaford - Take your pick and I will take the piss out of either.

Not sure what that has to do with anything and my point wasn't a piss take. It's merely a fact.

A majority of your fans would share coaches up to the games. Why would 4 or 5 of them leave when they have to wait for everyone to leave so they can go home?

Also would like to see what you have to say about Moorabbin/Seaford.

Because we dont leave early, its something that Geelong supporters are proud of...

And it was bullshit the AFL making us play at that time - In fact we should play all our Home games at Geelong regardless of the opponent - We dont even make more money playing the Pies down at the G any more that is how well we have got it sorted so well down there.

Note: 50 x 50 is 2500 thats not the whole Cats crowd.

Well it was 8 at night on a Sunday and a long drive home to Geelong.

Fair effort ppl coming on for that shit time after all doing the Monday game the week before.

Stop with the excuses mate lol. EVERY club has supporters that leave early EVERY loss. Just a fact mate. You were going to lose so SOME left. Chill.

This isn't a go at Geelong supporters and I understand what your saying about them traditionally not leaving early but It's just what happends every time a team loses. Accept it.

You didn't leave early so why do defensive?

• Like 1