Melbourne Football

2013-14 A-League Ladder Predictions

Red or Dead

Jw1739 well said buddy, top four from last year won't change... Will be fighting for 5th and 6th, over the moon if we make 4th. We couldn't beat a depleted Pheonix side round two or three let alone an away game and you think because we've brought some players in they will change the way the coach wants us to play...? We talk about the players we lost and injuries.... What is Ccoast ment to do then? Why didn't they crumble? Because they have a great youth system which grows right into the senior team, which comes from a great tactical coach who has a game plan. The best and only good news which came from Heart this Pre season is the JVS is involved again and that he is involving us with the Johan Cruijff Barcelona system. For ppl that don't no him, he was bigger than Messi is now. This guy was absolute class, he is the reason Barcelonas youth and senior team play the system they do from 22years ago. When they bring it to Heart they are going to scout Aussie year 7 and 8 kids and build an academy from them, so by the time these kids grow in the youth team, then the senior team, if they are good enough they will no nothing more than how to play the proper system. Clubs will recognize us from the Cruijff academy from all over the wold, to come and scout our players. This is the smartest thing Melbourne Heart has done, it will take time but its worth every minute. The difference with the big spending clubs is (ok they can buy the best players and get results) Eg. City, Chelsea, PSG... But the clubs who are always up the top and play great football who have only a few big name players as a team core eg. Arsenal, Spurs, Utd (Welbeck at Utd from under 8's Cleverly the same. Barcelona can put there youth team out againts any starting 11 in the wold, yes they probably won't win, but 100% they will be very competitive that's the difference, won't matter if a young kid is playing because he will no how to play the system... His been playing it from 12years old! Well done Heart this is a fkn huge step! Can't wait for the years ahead....

Post of the year.

Ive got a feeling we may see some of the top teams from the past few years start to drift back down the ladder (CCM, Bris). But I think WSW will stay around the top. I also have a feeling that Ange's game plan might get found out alot more this season  and we may see victory drop a bit.

As for us, we are totally unpredictable. Dark Horse 2013/2014

I will reserve my judgement until the supposed signing on Thursday. At the moment i believe that the squad we have now is defiantly good enough to make finals, however, if we sign a good striker it could push up into the upper echelon of the league

I can never work out if you really mean to say "defiantly" or "definitely". lol

I will reserve my judgement until the supposed signing on Thursday. At the moment i believe that the squad we have now is defiantly good enough to make finals, however, if we sign a good striker it could push up into the upper echelon of the league

I can never work out if you really mean to say "defiantly" or "definitely". lol

Lol I mean definitely! Forgot that there were two meanings to it

Exactly, if we don't have someone of the quality of Kressinger, we can't possibly hope to reach the top four.

Yeah but they had Popovic who did his time as an assistant at SFC, and then at Crystal Palace, and had all his badges.

He got the best out of an unco-ordinated shit kicker like Mark Bridge who is no more talented than Hoffman, not to mention journey man A-League rejects like Beauchamp and NTS.

Exactly, if we don't have someone of the quality of Kressinger, we can't possibly hope to reach the top four.

Yeah but they had Popovic who did his time as an assistant at SFC, and then at Crystal Palace, and had all his badges.

He got the best out of an unco-ordinated shit kicker like Mark Bridge who is no more talented than Hoffman, not to mention journey man A-League rejects like Beauchamp and NTS.

So Popovic got better with coaching experience but Aloisi won't? 

Of course he will but how long will it take? Plus not everyone goes on to be a great coach. JA's attitude last year was lacking, often finding weak excuses for his team's losses.  I expect Heart to have an average year followed by another average year (if JA stays in charge and doesn't get much help). Certainly can't see him taking Heart all the way. I hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by alexandro

Popovic learned from being a senior assistant coach, Aloisi's been thrown in the deep end after spending a year in the toddler's wading pool.  Its not entirely his fault, the club's as much at fault.

The club suffers whilst he learns on the job.  Another repeat of last season and there may not be a club fro him to keep learning.

Popovic learned from being a senior assistant coach, Aloisi's been thrown in the deep end after spending a year in the toddler's wading pool.  Its not entirely his fault, the club's as much at fault.

The club suffers whilst he learns on the job.  Another repeat of last season and there may not be a club fro him to keep learning.

Well that's a bit extreme. If it was a repeat from last season then he would just be sacked and everyone would start dreaming about the following season with a new coach.