Melbourne Football

WE stole THEIR chants?

marteaux

After a lot of shit slinging has gone on between Melbourne and Victory fans, I have felt the need to clarify who actually did certain chants and who actually "stole" them. The fact is they are all stolen, not many chants done by either team in Melbourne are clear cut originals, but alas I still think this is necessary:

TIFOSI MELBOURNE: Yarraside started doing this chant at the post season matches of last season. It was only after Melbourne Heart's first home game of the year when a certain senior member of North Terrace's BWB accused Yarraside of trying to hi-jack their chant and pushed it through next game and that is when it became a regular chant at Victory games. I find this hard to swallow as Yarraside have 3 full time members of VAK410 (the supporters of Dutch club Ajax who created the chant). Yarraside acknowledge that is a VAK410 chant and that we have just adapted it, do North Terrace?

COME ON YOU BOYS IN RED: This chant first starting being used by Yarraside midway through last season. There is video proof of this on YouTube. We even used it against Victory in derbies last season. The first time Victory used this chant was at their second home game this season, which is also when they used Tifosi Melbourne for the first time. This chant is adapted from the Celtic fans Green Brigade. Yarraside acknowledge this as their chant that we have adopted, do North Terrace?

p.s. because a lot of bhoyos wear blue!

DALE CAVESE: North Terrace starting using this chant a few years ago and it was eventually phased out and left to die much like the Sos Cagon. It was only when Yarraside adopted the chant that North Terrace started doing it again, in an attempt to reclaim it.

p.p.s fuck off Vizitards.

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 1

There a pack of moron's mate, all that club does is complaing, now it's "that we stole their chants", they claim that every chant they have is theres, they have nothing better to do, do they not know that these chants are done all over the world by various clubs?

Farrrk......over 300 clubs in the UK alone all use the following tunes for chants:

• Winter Wonderland (probably the most used)
  • Ants Go Marching One by One
  • Guantanamera
  • O Christmas tree
  • Que sera, sera

I could go on listing, but it's pointless, I'd be here for hours.....

Clubs recycle and re-use tunes that are good and just put their own words to it, relevant to their players or against a hated rival....and have done for years and years. Clubs in Europe take tunes from the UK and use them, and likewise clubs in the UK (and all around the glob for that matter) continually rip off tunes they heard in Europe that suit them, or fit a player.

So really.....it just shows up the Victory and its fans for the fuckin knobheads that they are!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Its an awesome chant.. Kudos to you boys for bringing it into the a-league, as you see ws are 7 yrs behind the rest, and old boys from the scc brought chants that they have now let go, due to cove and bwb raping them after scc folded. Its a damn shame as dale cavese was one of them, as was saintpauli,sos cagon and the list goes on

We love vak tifosi its a fucking sick chant, but we have said no to doing it since you guys have already marked it as your own..

Good stuff

Edited by Bravas

Its an awesome chant.. Kudos to you boys for bringing it into the a-league, as you see ws are 7 yrs behind the rest, and old boys from the scc brought chants that they have now let go, due to cove and bwb raping them after scc folded. Its a damn shame as dale cavese was one of them, as was saintpauli,sos cagon and the list goes on

We love vak tifosi its a fucking sick chant, but we have said no to doing it since you guys have already marked it as your own..

Good stuff

We did St Pauli in our 1st Season and very fleetingly in our second and it was one of those few chants that quite a few us felt the Terrace never got the hang of it (Its odd which ones work with different groups it really is often utterly random process)...

Anyway I always felt in an Australian Context it was a SCC Chant myself, and I could not really see the harm in you RBB guys using it either if I was too be really honest.

Edited by cadete

We've opted to leave things as they are, coming up with new chants behind the scenes.. Given its a new terrace and alot of boys new to active support, it will take some time to get into the more diffcult chants,

We wont fight over chants, cove can have them..

Everyone will know very soon that it will be rbb >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cove.

:)

Funny that stpauli was the easiest chant.. And by far the loudest!

Tifosi is the new weloveyou.. Hope no other scum bags adopt it though

Having a lot of chants "taken" by the Visitors I think has helped us a lot in the long run. Instead of being lazy and adopting boring chants that everyone already knows (thats not to say we have not had our fair share of shockers) its forced us to be a bit more creative and come up with originals or dig a bit deeper to find more obscure ones to re-work. Its still a work in progress and as Cadete pointed out it is really bizarre that some of the ones we thought wouldnt work ended up taking off and others we thought would be really well received have been flops.

• Like 1

You get that, its the simple ones that pick up volume, but as a whole.. You want those chants that arent really simple.. That actually mean something, those are the best chants.. But to get them to work is a different story.

Rbb will have its fair share of shockers ..All as groups do.. Its just about testing what works and what doesnt..

We are striving to create chants that havent been used here..

The more you dig the more gems you find ;)

• 1 month later...