Melbourne Football

100% Alcohol Topic

MKD

vb cunts that's all.

Skopsko was made for you, my friend. Get on it!

If you still have some bottles of this can you tell me the importer/ supplier of this beer? Should be on the label somewhere. The pub I manage is owned by Macedonians. Been trying to hunt this down in aus for a while.

It's imported by Marco Polo Foods. They are based in NSW. They actually import quite a few maco products by the looks of it. The ajvar I buy is also imported by them.

http://marcopolofoods.com.au/

Edited by MKD
  • Like 2

vb cunts that's all.

If you still have some bottles of this can you tell me the importer/ supplier of this beer? Should be on the label somewhere. The pub I manage is owned by Macedonians. Been trying to hunt this down in aus for a while.  

It's imported by Marco Polo Foods. They are based in NSW. They actually import quite a few maco products by the looks of it. The ajvar I buy is also imported by them.

Ajvar, lol :') the wogness..

• Like 1

vb cunts that's all.

Ajvar on bread mmm...the food of kings.

Both Karlovacko and Ozujsko Pivo's go down quite nicely! Although I've been told Karlovacko hasn't been the same Heineken took over the brewery.

Am keen to try Skopsko anyone know of any inner west bottle shops that stock the beer?

Edited by Hammerhead

Both Karlovacko and Ozujsko Pivo's go down quite nicely! Although I've been told Karlovacko hasn't been the same Heineken took over the brewery.

Am keen to try Skopsko anyone know of any inner west bottle shops that stock the beer?

Never been that keen on Ozujsko but Karlovacko was the shit when I was O/S. $20 AUD for a 20 pack of 500 ml bottles in Kreysha.

Doesn't taste the same down here though. Can only have about 3-4 before they start tasting like ass.

$20 AUD for a 20 pack of 500 ml bottles in Kreysha.

This right here is what I hate about being back in aus, Freaking ripped off when it comes to Alcohol. Miss LA where a 6 pack only set you back about 6-8dollars.

One thing that really bugs me is the fact that you can't drink on the streets here but in most places in Europe it was OK. Dat Anglo culcha.

vb cunts that's all.

Ajvar on bread mmm...the food of kings. you know what else I happen too enjoy very very much, eurocream

vb cunts that's all.

Also import Pelisterka. Friend of my dad's worked for Marco Polo and used to sort us a good deal on bulk purchases of Pelisterka :up:

Think they're the ones that import the OG Gazoza you see here as well, as opposed to the one made under licence here.

Gazoza and vodka would go down a treat TBH, and with that we're back on topic :up:

• Like 1

DAB (Dortmunder Actien Brauerei)

DAB.jpg

Received A 1L can and stein package as a gift this week. Thought this would be some rather average novelty drink however to my surprise this beer was much nicer than expected. Would buy again. Rate a 4/5.

Wells Banana Bread Beer.

banana-bread-group.jpg

This Beer exceeded my expectations. Nice English ale, The artificial Banana flavour (think the banana lollies) is surprisingly nice with the bitter taste of this beer. If you like a Bitter ale with a twist I'd highly recommend.  5/5

Young’s Double Chocolate Stout

6614231813_b5ff7b6b41_z.jpg

Not a Bad drop of stout. The chocolate in this doesn't come out as much as the banana in the wells beer which was a little disappointing. Can see why it's been an award winning stout before but it still left me wanting more. 3/5

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 1

$20 AUD for a 20 pack of 500 ml bottles in Kreysha.

This right here is what I hate about being back in aus, Freaking ripped off when it comes to Alcohol. Miss LA where a 6 pack only set you back about 6-8dollars.

One thing that really bugs me is the fact that you can't drink on the streets here but in most places in Europe it was OK. Dat Anglo culcha.

Refer above to water bottle + Rakija trick.  ;)

vb cunts that's all.

Also import Pelisterka. Friend of my dad's worked for Marco Polo and used to sort us a good deal on bulk purchases of Pelisterka :up:

Think they're the ones that import the OG Gazoza you see here as well, as opposed to the one made under licence here.

Gazoza and vodka would go down a treat TBH, and with that we're back on topic :up:

Marco Polo deserve the Australian of the year award for providing us wogs with a taste of the motherland.

Off-topic: where are your family from back in stari kraj?

On-topic: 401283_306088129506954_698317099_n.jpg

Only some of the Balkan peoples here will understand this but it gets me every time.  :lol:

• Like 1

Possibly Altona. Not really sure mate I live in the eastern suburbs. Dad got a few slabs from Thomastown IIRC.

It's probably just the picture, but that Chocolate stout looks very appealing.

DAB (Dortmunder Actien Brauerei)

DAB.jpg

Received A 1L can and stein package as a gift this week. Thought this would be some rather average novelty drink however to my surprise this beer was much nicer than expected. Would buy again. Rate a 4/5.

Wells Banana Bread Beer.

banana-bread-group.jpg

This Beer exceeded my expectations. Nice English ale, The artificial Banana flavour (think the banana lollies) is surprisingly nice with the bitter taste of this beer. If you like a Bitter ale with a twist I'd highly recommend. 5/5

Young’s Double Chocolate Stout

6614231813_b5ff7b6b41_z.jpg

Not a Bad drop of stout. The chocolate in this doesn't come out as much as the banana in the wells beer which was a little disappointing. Can see why it's been an award winning stout before but it still left me wanting more. 3/5

Most intense thing I've ever drunk was a 50/50 of youngs choc stout mixed with a Belgian cherry kriek. A Cherry ripe that will literally rape your face into submission. Edited by perthheart

So many delicious beers when you just walk into random breweries in Germany.

In Freiburg I went into a brewery there and had one of each of their specialty beers - they were all awesome, even the dark which i dont normally drink. And cost like $20 all up.

Good night that one!

• 3 weeks later...

Talisker Storm

talob.non7.jpg

70cl / 45.8%
Island Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Distillery Bottling
Released in early 2013, Talisker Storm has all the warm, smoky, peppery characteristics we all love in the standard Talisker 10yo - but they've been turned up a notch, with more smoke, more spices, and a bigger than ever flavour explosion. Talisker Storm seems likely to be a huge hit.

• Like 2

Anyone have any suppliers of home made rakija they know?

Baba.

I ran out the other day and need to find someone who is willing to supply a few bottles of decent, high % rakija for less than retail price oti ne imam pari. I may have a few links in the family, but it's a struggle. I'm telling you chojeks, there's a multi-million dollar business for this stuff here in Aus. I've run out and I'm only one man...think about how many chojeks are out there without a taste of the old village.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if Scotch and green tea is a thing?

also, I went to a micro brewery showcase a few weeks back, had lots of beers, ended up volunteering to work at the Great Australian Beer Spectapular http://gabsfestival.com.au/

on May 25th. Work during the day, get free entry and beers during the evening, should be good for a laugh.

P.S. Can we change the name of this thread to "Potent Potables"?

Yamazaki Japanese whiskey. So good. The Japanese seriously give the scots a run for the money.

Agreed, was in Japan a few months ago and they have some awesome whiskey. 

Also like that at a bar you can get a pint of spirits for cheaper than them little tiny glasses you get in Australia.   :up:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah ill throw a couple of free jugs of Swanny D around if some lads come in while I'm on shift. My pubs only 5 mins out of Perth City centre. After the free drinks are up though it is Perth so no such thing as cheap piss haha. $10 pint is standard.

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting this thread with a drink I purchased before the New Year.

They call it the Majmun Shoulder, which originates from some temporary condition chojeks would get from malting barley with a shovel. For a fairly budget scotch it's actually relatively smooth, so I don't mind drinking it on the rocks. It's always nice to see a cork top as well, which adds to the great design of the bottle. I'll definitely fill it with something else soon, as it's just sitting on my shelf empty. I hadn't come across the drink beforehand, but it stood out after a bit of browsing. It's worth a try if you're looking for a decent scotch at a relatively budget price.

4 thumbs up for the majmun   :up:  :up:  :up:  :up: 

Monkey-Shoulder-label.jpg

55% rakija :up:

What other spirit could taste so good while being so strong. Easily the GOAT spirit.

Also 55% ouzo :up:, not as tasty but still better than most spirits.

65% home-made grappa.  :up:  :up:  :up:

grappa = rakija

Strong % though

Of course I'm talking home made as well :up:

Resurrecting this thread with a drink I purchased before the New Year.

They call it the Majmun Shoulder, which originates from some temporary condition chojeks would get from malting barley with a shovel. For a fairly budget scotch it's actually relatively smooth, so I don't mind drinking it on the rocks. It's always nice to see a cork top as well, which adds to the great design of the bottle. I'll definitely fill it with something else soon, as it's just sitting on my shelf empty. I hadn't come across the drink beforehand, but it stood out after a bit of browsing. It's worth a try if you're looking for a decent scotch at a relatively budget price.

4 thumbs up for the majmun   :up:  :up:  :up:  :up: 

Monkey-Shoulder-label.jpg

This!

The reason it's so smooth is that it's a blended whisky but they only use four different single malts in the blend. What makes most blends so shit and unable to be drunk neat or on the rocks is that they use a non-descript grain whisky as a way to bring the cost down over doing it the way Monkey Shoulder do. Still can't beat a proper single malt though imo. If you've got a bit of cash spare try the Balblair 89' . Got a bottle for my birthday as i was born in 1989. Heaven on fucking earth!

• Like 2

55% rakija :up:

What other spirit could taste so good while being so strong. Easily the GOAT spirit.

Also 55% ouzo :up:, not as tasty but still better than most spirits.

65% home-made grappa.  :up:  :up:  :up:

grappa = rakija

Strong % though

Of course I'm talking home made as well :up:

Am aware, was just throwing my 2 cents in there.

(We make 65% home-made grappa)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...