Melbourne Football

2012-13 pre season games

True Until I die

Love it if we toured somewhere, even if it was Singapore or Thailand, good experience for the lads and pretty sure such a tour would Cover the costs. Imagine just playing in Australia, then going overseas, great for enthusiasm and brand promotion /affiliation.

^We did tour to Hawaii and imo it's a complete waste of money at the present moment. At a guess the cost with Heart footing all bills it would approach the 60-80k mark for 20 people for a week in singapore,

In this current MHFC(melbourne heart financial crisis) and for that matter most of the HAL its completely unnecessary, even more so with no ACL campaign on the horizon.

We won't help reach a target of 9000 members if we play preseason anywhere but here in the Melbourne metropolitan area, preferably at grounds accessible by public transport.

We've just got to get real on this issue. Last season's regional game in Morwell showed that.

And if we've got a lazy $80,000 lying around, spend it on a good striker who's going to score us some goals and win us some matches at AAMI, not on entertaining 200 people in Singapore.

Not sure if you understand the wealth in Singapore?

If it's decided on that basis then why not Qatar or Luxembourg...yes, Singapore would be close to double or more over Australia's G.D.P, I wont deny that.

Why would Singaporean consumers differ from the rest of the world and reach for Melb Heart Merchandise ahead of PL, la-liga and serie-a team gear?

I wont use the past 48 hours of no sleep as an excuse but I fail to see this golden goose that you allude to moops.

Not intending to be a smartarse but would love to read your reasoning as im baffled.

Not sure if you understand the wealth in Singapore?

If it's decided on that basis then why not Qatar or Luxembourg...yes, Singapore would be close to double or more over Australia's G.D.P, I wont deny that.

Why would Singaporean consumers differ from the rest of the world and reach for Melb Heart Merchandise ahead of PL, la-liga and serie-a team gear?

I wont use the past 48 hours of no sleep as an excuse but I fail to see this golden goose that you allude to moops.

Not intending to be a smartarse but would love to read your reasoning as im baffled.

I think we're at cross purposes here Moops. If we're looking to encourage some investment in the club from Singapore then of course we should be looking at building some relationships there, and taking the team there once a year would be part of cementing the relationship. I was referring to pre-season matches, where we're trying to get some traction (or should be) with the public here, and trying to get our first team playing the way we want to and therefore getting the results we want to once the season starts.