Melbourne Football

Hip Hop & Grime

Tesla

For me, I stopped paying attention to new music in roughly 2005 and have subsequently been living in a time warp. After Tesla posted a Meek Mill track I quite liked in the 'what you are listening to now thread' I have decided to expand my hip hop horizons. After searching the net for new hip hop that appeals to me I have discovered something disturbing. I fear that I might now have shit taste in music!!

You see, I am fucking loving Lil Wayne's My Homies Still

Its crazy!!

I used to think you were one of those Hip Hop elitists, the truth is becoming apparently over the last few days however!

Lol. Well, yes I sort of was becoming one. I have just been instantly dismissing music before really giving it a chance (I pretty muched checked out when South Side started getting big). But being a snob (of anything) is never good IMO so I have been trying to approach things with an open mind and realise just because it does not have the depth of KRS One or the ground breaking beats of Boy In Da Corner, it does not mean it has no merit.

Another tune I have been playing on high rotation (more for the beat than the content) is this. It may not get me any cred, but fuck it. That is one sick beat!

Also after 808s and Heartbreak came out I gave Kanye a massive snub, but No Church In The Wild has been getting a lot of love from me too. Plus the clip is sick.

(fuck! I think I am starting to enjoy chart music. I have become everything I hate!)

Edited by KSK_47

"Warning: if you are easily offended or religiously sensitive DO NOT listen to Lamborghini Angels. Contains very disturbing content, Listener discretion is thoroughly advised."

New Lupe in a couple days.

Cant. Wait. Disgonbegood.

Edited by Tesla

Actually, speaking of C4...

Think I've posted this before, but incase I haven't, here's a top track by him, featuring JME (who drives the car in the Crazy Song clip), Frisco & Jammer.

Another of Birmingham's increasingly good new-school grime scene.

Also, C4 is Preditah (the producer)'s brother.

Actually, speaking of C4...

Think I've posted this before, but incase I haven't, here's a top track by him, featuring JME (who drives the car in the Crazy Song clip), Frisco & Jammer.

Another of Birmingham's increasingly good new-school grime scene.

Also, C4 is Preditah (the producer)'s brother.

So is this!

So much disappointment ffs. Thought this was going to be amazing after Hammer Dance, My Life, Goodbye. But there wasnt anything better than those IMO. Also how the fuck is there no yelawolf feature, would have been good promo for him and he would have complimented slaughterhouse's style well.

Album felt like it was trying to have too much mainstream appeal, same as yelawolf's album, not really a fan of this approach from Shady Records. Fuck I do love that flow Em has these days though.