Melbourne Football

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC

Justin87

Think with the cash you get for Modric, you will sign another similar player (would be the only logical thing to do) - AVB doesn't expect to get Moutinho though. Really have no idea who's out there, another thing you must do is get another strike - Adebayor is perfect, and I do think you'll be able to get him, Defoe is still good, but Adebayor will give you 15+ each year. Despite what everyone is saying once you get your system & squad sorted out I do think you lads will be a good side again, if you get Adebayor, Modric is the only one who you would've lost.

CLUB ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT WITH REAL MADRID AND TRANSFER OF LUKA MODRIC

The Club can announce that it has signed a partnership agreement with Real Madrid FC and reached agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, subject to medical, to the Spanish club.

The partnership agreement will see the two Clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.

Real Madrid FC President, Florentino Perez Rodriguez, said, "The strong relationship and affinity between our two clubs has resulted in the cementing of a longer-term partnership and the successful transfer of Luka Modric. We are delighted to welcome Luka and look forward to working closely with Tottenham in the coming years."

Daniel Levy, Chairman, Tottenham Hotspur, commented, "Luka has been a terrific player for us and, whilst we preferred not to part with him, we are pleased that it is to Real Madrid, a club with which we now look forward to sharing a long and productive partnership."

Luka made 160 appearances for the Club, scoring 17 goals after joining from Dinamo Zagreb in the summer of 2008.

We wish him well for the future.

Modric deal would have been a lot nicer if it was done a month ago.

Could have used the money to bring in player(s) immediately, and give them a bit of time to gel with the players.

Huddo's move could be brilliant for us if he ties together a few good performances and shows the actual quality that he has.

Is still a very good player and gets overlooked far too often, IMO.

Levy is so stereotypically Jewish when it comes to transfer, I imagine it'd be immensely frustrating for Sp*rs fans. Like, atleast knowing your club has no cash to buy players like West Ham is slightly comforting - unlike knowing you've got the cash to build a very sold team under AVB, but with a guy who plays a active part in the the scouting/purchasing of players who is renown for bargaining so hard that it destroys relationships and even potential transfers. I hate to say it but the Yids are a very enticing first PL team for most foreign players and many would love to go there - but Levy normally fucks it up.

Credit to him though, afaik he got Adebayor on a free with 3/4 of the wage he was asking..which is hard to do with a guy who has openly stated he plays football purely to make money for future ventures when he retires.

Dad is fuming that they got rid of Huddlestone, on loan. He doesn't see how he will gain anything and thought that he was more than ready to become a mainstay in the first team, injuries pending. Said he would have been happier for him to come to us for £5m...

Remy- Believed to be close to signing for a transfer fee of £15million.

Lloris- Lyon agreed on a £12.3million transfer fee, now in contract talks, Lloris is rumoured to be having a hard time on the decision

Things starting to look up at White Hart Lane.

Active transfer window on our behalf, can't say I'm thrilled with how the squad looks now obviously VDV and Modric's departures are a massive loss but we have signed a few quality players; Lloris, Dempsey, Dembele, Adebayor, Vertonghen & Sigurdsson. Just need to put some performances together on the pitch and hopefully we will start to gel as a team.

Sigurdsson was looking like our best on field until he was subbed. Can't say I am filled with much joy after watching Norwich actually score, looked almost the same as the week before, absolutely lost in defending the box from corners and free kicks, just looks like a bunch of lost sheep. Needs to improve and we will start to come good I'm sure!

• 3 weeks later...