Melbourne Football

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC

Justin87

Now that Southampton are back in the premier league can you lot.

1) Stop singing our song as it only goes to show your support is f*#ked up.

2) I hope Bale rejoins the saints once his contract runs out and we don`t have to give you one penny.

hmm... hoping the lane gives your lads the same treatment they gave hutton over the weekend after reading this....

premier league... you're having a laugh

enjoy your one season in the top flight.

Edited by Myki

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, Moyes is fantastic, but he's not the sort of manager needed at Spurs now.

We need someone who's proven to win titles with big clubs.

Someone who can sensibly use quality players, and someone who knows how big competitions work.

Capello has won 7 Serie A titles, 2 La Liga titles, and a Champions League as manager, amongst others, and not mentioning the titles he's won as a player.

Has proven quality, and loves London.

Moyes is a great mid-table manager; his funds management is proven, his ability to turn relative unknowns into quality players is also notable, but I doubt he's the man to make us a solid Champions League team...

Yeah, Moyes is fantastic, but he's not the sort of manager needed at Spurs now.

We need someone who's proven to win titles with big clubs.

Someone who can sensibly use quality players, and someone who knows how big competitions work.

Capello has won 7 Serie A titles, 2 La Liga titles, and a Champions League as manager, amongst others, and not mentioning the titles he's won as a player.

Has proven quality, and loves London.

Moyes is a great mid-table manager; his funds management is proven, his ability to turn relative unknowns into quality players is also notable, but I doubt he's the man to make us a solid Champions League team...

Agree.

So I hope yids end up with AVB.

• 3 weeks later...

He's great, well done on nabbing him over Liverpool & Rodgers.

I personally think at the moment is more appealing than Liverpool is as most would, especially after Bale has signed the new contract & Moutinho has been heavily linked as the replacement for Modric, which is more than sufficient replacement.

413771_10150971498483505_1750695582_o.jpg

Vertonghen has passed his medical and is confirmed as a Spurs player.

Also, Spurs' interview with Gylfi:

https://www.facebook...345024722244977

Speaks English a lot better than I expected, but seeing that he moved their early in his football career, it makes a little sense.

Seems like a good bloke, and speaks highly of our (new and old) facilities.

Edited by Ellki

Ledley King just announced his retirement, at just 31!

He said he couldn't imagine wearing another clubs shirt, and will become a club ambassador.

Could have done a job for half of the sides in the EPL, a rare glimpse of loyalty for this day in age.

Hasn't trained regularly in a long time...

Bloody hell, he used to do extremely light training, but rock up on match day and dominate.

Was a brilliant player pre-injuries, and it's sad to see how badly they ruined his career.

Great show of loyalty to retire and not look at other options, but also to stay on as an ambassador of sorts.

• 5 weeks later...

Love being a Newcastle fan currently, agreed though it was a very even match. Tottenham very unlucky not to be the opening scorers in this with 2 shots at goal from Defoe and Bale and both of them hit the crossbar. You guys were certainly the better team up until half time, but once Demba had scored the goal, Newcastle looked to be the better team in the end...

Going into it, Newcastle had to be the better side, the Livermore, Sandro combination was awful, too slow and didn't get it to Sigurdsson quick enough, Parker was missed as much as Modric was, don't know why Vertonghen didn't start, he's a great player & you'll be much stronger with him starting - reminded me ot when Cahill was bought at Chelsea but wasn't played for matches, silly.

Not so bad though, only week 1, trip to Newcastle when you're arguably the weaker team & obviously undermanned isn't easy, but have that you cunts.

• Like 1