Melbourne Football

ACG out of Y-Side

spain82

The only way acg will be going anywhere is if we sell our sole and draft our own death notice fan charter. Its the only way it will happen Im afraid and its genuinely just not worth it.

/thread tbh

Fair enough.

I see how harsh they are and it stops or rather makes it tough for the boys to get something going. Would rather just the cops there as they are only looking for flare starters and violence etc but if you guys are the experts say that we would need to sell our soul then all good!

This isn't exactly yarraside related, but during the Melbourne derby a bunch of mates and I had reserved seating in one of the bays beside yarraside. We got to the ground around 5 minutes after kick-off only to find some old yob piss-pot (and his wife?) were taking up 2 of the 4 seats. We aren't the type that would usually complain and would be fine finding other seats, but there weren't too many directly nearby...unless we wanted to go right to the back. It's more the fact he told us to f off and didn't even seem to have a ticket. Eventually a few ACG security guards came and pretty much told us to move instead, didn't even bother talking to the guy. I know it probably isn't worth creating trouble over, but they aren't even helpful in providing alternative solutions. We then stood in the aisle for a bit directly next to yarraside and they once again got annoyed and told us to move. Ended up finding two rows with two seats each near the front after 5 or so minutes.

I didn't really care in the end since I just wanted to watch the match. However if I had a family and took them to a match only to be told by 'security' that it's not their problem, I'd be pissed off. Most of them are useless.

That article about Adelaide ACG is spot on. They were harsh on swearing in the away bay this past season when we went over. A few of the policemen thought it was a bit over the top as well.

The Security in Adel is done by another company called "Welso" - And I agree they are much worse than ACG, as they hand out month long fines for literally people saying a single swear word.

In saying that I really dont give a shit about these A13 "Wannabe Hardmen" poor plight.

• Like 1

That article about Adelaide ACG is spot on. They were harsh on swearing in the away bay this past season when we went over. A few of the policemen thought it was a bit over the top as well.

In saying that I really dont give a shit about these A13 "Wannabe Hardmen" poor plight.

Second that. Couldn't give a fiddlers about these peasants.

This isn't exactly yarraside related, but during the Melbourne derby a bunch of mates and I had reserved seating in one of the bays beside yarraside. We got to the ground around 5 minutes after kick-off only to find some old yob piss-pot (and his wife?) were taking up 2 of the 4 seats. We aren't the type that would usually complain and would be fine finding other seats, but there weren't too many directly nearby...unless we wanted to go right to the back. It's more the fact he told us to f off and didn't even seem to have a ticket. Eventually a few ACG security guards came and pretty much told us to move instead, didn't even bother talking to the guy. I know it probably isn't worth creating trouble over, but they aren't even helpful in providing alternative solutions. We then stood in the aisle for a bit directly next to yarraside and they once again got annoyed and told us to move. Ended up finding two rows with two seats each near the front after 5 or so minutes.

I didn't really care in the end since I just wanted to watch the match. However if I had a family and took them to a match only to be told by 'security' that it's not their problem, I'd be pissed off. Most of them are useless.

Had a similar problem before, if it happens again try finding the people in the light blue Melbourne & Olympic park shirts, rather than ACG. They're usually able to help when seats are double booked etc, usually at the entry to the aisles.

Edited by Hammerhead

Had a similar problem before, if it happens again try finding the people in the light blue Melbourne & Olympic park shirts, rather than ACG. They're usually able to help when seats are double booked etc, usually at the entry to the aisles.

Yeh the guy in the light blue was very helpful and basically said that the seats were ours and we shouldn't have to move. He was the one who initially called security, and when they showed up and did nothing, there wasn't much he could really do. The seats weren't double booked or anything, the bloke sitting in them was just a tosser.

Interesting to see that Rick Ross has retired from rap, and upon failing to reclaim a position as a corrections officer has instead taken up employment with ACG. Obviously they aren't paying him as well now as he seems to have lost a few kg.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm Aami Park security (Not ACG) are keeping a close eye on ACG.

Sauce?

Employee of Aami park security who is a close family friend

It is that Scot Secco from Season One isn't?

Nahhh haha didn't even know there was a Scotsman working there...

He was the best Secco the ground ever had TBH.

• Like 3

Sauce?

Celtic supporter I assume? Haha

Sauce?

I never asked actually...

Sauce?

Nope.

Sauce?

Nope.

Good enough for me.

• 1 month later...