Melbourne Football

Dylan Tombides

LR9

Personally gutted about this news. Home grown talent who came through my local club Stirling Lions West Ham Academy set up. As a west ham and australian football fan I respected and admired his courage to battle through the illness and I'd thought he was through the worst of it. West Ham supporters clubs around Australia are raising funds for the Bobby Moore Cancer Research Fund in memory of the lad. Good see a minutes silence for him at the CCM v Adelaide game. RIP Dylan.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Club launched the DT38 Foundation pregame.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/mile-jedinak-involved-as-dylan-tombides-foundation-launched-by-west-ham-and-crystal-palace/story-e6frf4a3-1227243295381

I'd also assume they'll do something again in April when it's the anniversary of his passing.

• Like 1

Club launched the DT38 Foundation pregame.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/mile-jedinak-involved-as-dylan-tombides-foundation-launched-by-west-ham-and-crystal-palace/story-e6frf4a3-1227243295381

I'd also assume they'll do something again in April when it's the anniversary of his passing.

Watching it live I thought it was a moving and respectful moment with both the whole ground applauding. And Jedi is involved in the foundation which made it even more special as both clubs got involved.