Melbourne Football

Calcio

Tesla

• 1 month later...

from wiki: 

On 21 November 2012, it was announced that the two levels will be merged into a unique league composed by three groups of 20 teams each starting from the 2014–15 season.

http://www.asca.it/news-Calcio__CF_approva_riforma_Lega_Pro__60_squadre_dal_2014_15-1221204-SPR.html

as well as this: 

http://www.figc.it/en/204/35625/2013/03/News.shtml

FOOTBALL SEMINAR. MACALLI: “RULE REFORM”
ROMA 25/03/2013
ico_save.gif div_icone_stampa.png ico_send.gif div_icone_stampa.png icona_print.gif

One million fans and 4-5 million potential users, for a turnover for the clubs of about 100 to 130 million Euro.  These are some of the numbers of the Lega Pro which, at the Police School in Rome, presented the seminar "The Reform of Professional Football". A chance for the Italian football components to talk, starting from the Lega Pro Reform that will be effective from the 2014/15 season, with only one category divided up into three groups of 20 teams each.  “We have to become as autonomous as possible from an economic profile- explained the Leg Pro president, Macalli – we have gone from 90 to 60 teams, this is a reform that overturns the current rules and regulation.  We think that we have some very good presidents and we are disturbed by the fact that some clubs stop playing because they have no money.  Ours is a reform of the rules.  We are the third League, but we want to be the first to do something new for Italy”.
“We have to think about the sports structures – continued Macalli – regardless of the law on stadiums that I hope is approved.  We have to invest and allow for virtuous management:  we cannot think that we are an assisted category.  We have to become as autonomous as possible from an economic point of view.”
“Before the stadiums –said the president of Napoli De Laurentiis – we have to liberalize the relationships between clubs and fans.  The club establishes rules that everyone must comply with to come to an extraordinary public place”. 
“The real penalization that Italian football has with regards to German, Spanish or English football – said the A League president, Berretta – is structural, an enormous difference in the quality of the stadiums that are offered”.

• 4 weeks later...

Mid-season Scudetto predictions? 

For me it has to be Juve.

Napoli will come second and probably Roma for third. 

Livorno, Chievo and Sassuolo for the drop.

Higuain for the golden boot. 

On a side note, this 4-3-2-1 formation for Milan is perfect. Still not convinced by Montolivo though....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Guarin-Vucinic saga easily the highlight of January so far. Trolled the fuck out of Juve. Still can't beleive they were stupid enough to think swapping Guarin for Vucinic was a legitimate deal :lawl:

so true...

even though Thohir would've gone though with it, if it wasnt for the ultras... 

• Like 1

D'Ambrosio is a good signing, and Hernanes should do well for you guys - if you end up signing him.

Nani will be a massive lol, never rated him. 

Not sure on Vucinic either, might be a bit too old for what you're looking for.

2/4 not bad.

Nani is a quality player, would have loved to have him, would have been our best outfield player, better than Guarin, Hernanes, Palacio. Apparently only reason we didn't is his injury.

I'm just happy with the ambition shown and some signings finally being made.

Hernanes such a good signing. Hopefully the Guarin situation is settled now.

D'Ambrosio is a good signing, and Hernanes should do well for you guys - if you end up signing him.

Nani will be a massive lol, never rated him. 

Not sure on Vucinic either, might be a bit too old for what you're looking for.

2/4 not bad.

Nani is a quality player, would have loved to have him, would have been our best outfield player, better than Guarin, Hernanes, Palacio. Apparently only reason we didn't is his injury.

I'm just happy with the ambition shown and some signings finally being made.

Hernanes such a good signing. Hopefully the Guarin situation is settled now.

i guess so. 

I would say that Handanovic is better than Nani though. 

better than Milan ffs, rumours we were signing Cerci - end up getting Taarabt on loan  :droy:

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. 

Not sure why everyone hates on him though....

and fwiw, this article is another of his better ones: 

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2292/editorials/2011/08/25/2635749/if-you-dont-want-to-know-the-score-look-away-now-what-to

• 4 weeks later...

Fucking Udinese, even when they're having a shit season, still fucking manage to rip out some freak 17yo keeper that will probably end up as the GOAT keeper by the end of his career.

At least sign some Aussie youngsters and turn them into stars :up:

• 4 weeks later...

It's a shame for Roma really. 9 straight wins to then go down to Catania.

Well...

That gives Juve their 3rd straight baby!!!!

I CAMPIONE D'ITALIA SIAMO NOI!

SIAMO NOI!

SIAMO NOI!

☆☆☆

██████

██████

██████

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, if all 3 of the PSG guys make the final squad, surely that is the most foreign based players to ever be in an Italian WC squad?

World Cups, yes.

There were also 3 at the 2012 Euro (Motta, Balotelli, Sirigu), and 4 in the 2008 Euro (Grosso, Toni, De Sanctis, Zambrotta).

• 1 month later...

I would, however, like Mancini as Italy coach.

wait - is it because you like him and dont want him to manage Juve?

Allegri will manage Juve

Conte will manage Italy

Somewhat.

I genuinely think he's the best candidate for the Italy job, and I don't want him at Juve because he's pretty much an Inter legend as a coach, and obviously Juve are obviously one of our main rivals.

@Baresi: What were Inter thinking with the home strip this year? Tragedy. Apparently Interisti were seething with rage when it was first released. Pin stripes? Yuk

Inter-Milan-2014-2015-Nike-Home-Football

Pin stripes have never looked good at the track and they don't look much good here either...