Melbourne Football

Calcio

Tesla

Italy drops to 8th in the World Rankings, which means we are worse than Colombia, Portugal, Croatia, Argentina and even England and Germany who we easily beat in the Euro's. 

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_ranking

'OK'

You can't argue that the drop in quality in the Serie A has been pronounced over the last 5 years if not more. There is such a considerable gulf between lower, mid and top table teams that you never can predict the quality of a game in Italy these days. Can you see yourself sitting down to watch Chievo vs Pescara but you may sit down to watch QPR vs Sunderland etc. The big 3 of the last decade Juve, Milan and Inter are no longer winning European trophies and although they still sign players I would love to have at my club, huge name players no longer flock to Italy like they used to. Calcio has changed and not for the better. 

I'm not surprised in the least our league has dropped in the ratings again tbh. 

This is all correct, but since Prandelli took over, the national team has undergone a huge improvement.

FIFA rankings always were, and will continue to be, a terrible way to compare national teams.

You can't argue that the drop in quality in the Serie A has been pronounced over the last 5 years if not more. There is such a considerable gulf between lower, mid and top table teams that you never can predict the quality of a game in Italy these days. Can you see yourself sitting down to watch Chievo vs Pescara but you may sit down to watch QPR vs Sunderland etc. The big 3 of the last decade Juve, Milan and Inter are no longer winning European trophies and although they still sign players I would love to have at my club, huge name players no longer flock to Italy like they used to. Calcio has changed and not for the better. 

I'm not surprised in the least our league has dropped in the ratings again tbh. 

I would watch Chievo vs Pescara because my nonna was born there. haha, but i understand what you're saying. 

the thing i will say it that i like the unpredictability.

ie. Manchester United vs Wigan will be much more predictable than Juventus vs Pescara (Finished a very slender 2-1)

you cant argue though that it has become more unpredictable because of the drop in quality, which is why calcio hurts every time a important player leaves. so, as i like the less predictable nature of the italian game, i feel its because of the stronger teams getting weaker, rather than the weaker teams getting stronger.

TBH, the thing im most disappointed about is the drop in crowd numbers. really hurts the game. this is why good players left. the top teams dont have a big enough cash flow which means they must on sell their best players (See Veratti, Lavezzi, T.Silva, Ibra, Borini, and we may see more with Jovetic, Icardi, Osvaldo, and of course Cavani.) 

This is all correct, but since Prandelli took over, the national team has undergone a huge improvement.

FIFA rankings always were, and will continue to be, a terrible way to compare national teams.

agree. love seeing Diamanti line up in the Euro's  :P

also, if im looking at it right, was only for the national teams?

• 4 weeks later...

CAMPIONE! CAMPIONE! OLE OLE OLE!!

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA 31 VOLTE!!

██████

██████

██████

Good enough for a signature :P

Edited by CaNNaVo93

Speaking to friends in Rome over the w/e. The city is apparently crazy with the buzz for the upcoming Coppa Italia final. Cup Derbies are always huge. Even more so when its a final. The coreo will be MASSIVE for this match as well. pyro.gif

With such a big build up, I have a feeling this Derby could get very messy off the pitch  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Speaking to friends in Rome over the w/e. The city is apparently crazy with the buzz for the upcoming Coppa Italia final. Cup Derbies are always huge. Even more so when its a final. The coreo will be MASSIVE for this match as well. pyro.gif

With such a big build up, I have a feeling this Derby could get very messy off the pitch  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Any of them go to the Fener away?

Saw about 250 of them in the city square all decked out in SI, all of them in jeans rofl. 

When they ventured into Asia, they did this a statue that is held highly regarded by Fener chaps. 

1kadikoyun-sembolu-bogayi-lazionun-rengi

Any of them go to the Fener away?

Saw about 250 of them in the city square all decked out in SI, all of them in jeans rofl. 

When they ventured into Asia, they did this a statue that is held highly regarded by Fener chaps. 

1kadikoyun-sembolu-bogayi-lazionun-rengi

A few of the Laziale I know went to the Stuttgart and Gladbach games. Only know the one guy who went to Kadikoy but he's a fucking nutter. 

Question: If Lazio finish 5th(thereby qualifying for Europa league) and also win the Italian Cup(also qualifying for Europa) which of the following teams get lucky and land a Europa birth: 

6th place league finisher (Udinese)

Italian Cup runner-up (Roma)

?

Question: If Lazio finish 5th(thereby qualifying for Europa league) and also win the Italian Cup(also qualifying for Europa) which of the following teams get lucky and land a Europa birth: 

6th place league finisher (Udinese)

Italian Cup runner-up (Roma)

?

Udinese I believe.

dat Walter Mazzarri feel.

In for results.

Back to being champions next season, you chaps better not get your hopes up of seeing your team win anything except for in Europe :up:

Edited by Tesla

Haha!  Nice.

Scrappy game though.  Was very surprised to see how little composure the two teams displayed. I haven't had the opportunity to watch Serie A the last two years, but this certainly didn't resemble my memories of how Italian teams play.  As neutral, I was disappointed with this game.

• Like 1

I don't follow the Italian game as closely as some other leagues.

Could someone tell me why at a derby cup final there seemed to be a lot of empty seats?

i dont care what club you go for or which sports you like, if you dont like this you must work for ACG.