Melbourne Football

Round 19 - Visitors FC v Melbourne FC - Sat Feb 2 7.45pm - Etihad Stadium

Hammerhead

So many good posts in this thread, easily 5 star thread. Good to see we have so many wise people supporting this club

There simply needs to be more leaders spread across the bays if we are going to stop people being dickheads. Say have about 7-8 people spread around the bays who co-ordinate the chants and who yell at people who are being dickheads. The problem is all the main yarraside leaders are together and even though they do a great job at chanting are unable to co-ordinate the whole bay.

About the chair breaking as well, it doesn't help when the facebook page for heart supporters posted a comment congratulating yarraside on breaking more chairs than victory. So many mixed messages :/

Also anyone dobbing in people should be banned before chair breakers

People are seriously dobbing in their own for busting chairs???

Doesnt worry me coz I took no part... but id happily take part in kicking the shit out of those narks.

So humour me here. You would rather have some little shit breaking chairs that rocks up twice a year to do this than a responsible mature supporter who rocks up every week that would report them?

Then you go on to threaten the nark? Guys this isn't some American tv show, you want respect from the security staff and police then earn it by cleaning up the shitty behaviour of these turds. Instead you say shit like 'I wanna bash crew who are dobbers' Fuck yeah makes a lot of sense. The club don't want it and the majority of supporters don't want it. Also heartfc I think it has been established that they are not our own but ring ins. If they are 'our own' then they should fuck somewhere else with their shit behaviour. So many people do a fantastic job week in week out and I know many non active supporters are thankful for our fantastic Yarraside supporters. But they have nothing to do with crew breaking chairs. So I challenge you why defend the people doing the wrong thing?

• Like 1

As a member of Heart, you guys need to sort your shit out. We don't exactly have thousands of supporters.we've all been trying to make the club grow over the last few games by bringing new people. The club has been totally trashed today by the media. And all the good work has been damaged as well as our reputation. I don't care if you think I'm some random on this forum. I pay good money to be part of the club and I have a right to be heard too. Out the people that caused the problems, we don't need fuckwits in this club. I'm all for dobbing in our own and getting rid of them. I'm not planning to come on here often but you guys represent us at the games, the tossers were sitting with you and you know who they are. i personally hope they get banned for 5 years, till they grow up and control their testosterone levels? Seriously what kind of moron fuckhead dimwit mongoloid inbred goes around ripping out chairs and throwing them. Doesn't matter how good you sang or loud you sang on Saturday night it's the bad news that sells papers.

• Like 3

So many good posts in this thread, easily 5 star thread. Good to see we have so many wise people supporting this club

There simply needs to be more leaders spread across the bays if we are going to stop people being dickheads. Say have about 7-8 people spread around the bays who co-ordinate the chants and who yell at people who are being dickheads. The problem is all the main yarraside leaders are together and even though they do a great job at chanting are unable to co-ordinate the whole bay.

About the chair breaking as well, it doesn't help when the facebook page for heart supporters posted a comment congratulating yarraside on breaking more chairs than victory. So many mixed messages :/

Also anyone dobbing in people should be banned before chair breakers

People are seriously dobbing in their own for busting chairs???

Doesnt worry me coz I took no part... but id happily take part in kicking the shit out of those narks.

So humour me here. You would rather have some little shit breaking chairs that rocks up twice a year to do this than a responsible mature supporter who rocks up every week that would report them?

Then you go on to threaten the nark? Guys this isn't some American tv show, you want respect from the security staff and police then earn it by cleaning up the shitty behaviour of these turds. Instead you say shit like 'I wanna bash crew who are dobbers' Fuck yeah makes a lot of sense. The club don't want it and the majority of supporters don't want it. Also heartfc I think it has been established that they are not our own but ring ins. If they are 'our own' then they should fuck somewhere else with their shit behaviour. So many people do a fantastic job week in week out and I know many non active supporters are thankful for our fantastic Yarraside supporters. But they have nothing to do with crew breaking chairs. So I challenge you why defend the people doing the wrong thing?

It shouldn't take the fun police though to stop these kids. People make mistakes. Fuck there's even some instances where i've thrown shit when i shouldn;t have, done something i shouldn't have, but all it takes is a tap on the shoulder and a 'what the fuck are you doing mate?' to stop them. Giving these people lengthly bans are simply going to scare a potential fan away. Most people on here remember what its like to be 15-16 full of hormones and shit. We need to try and convert that mob attitude from destroying property to chanting and singing

• Like 1

Just remember we are talking to some kids on this forum who still need to grow up. We shouldn't tell the police etc. We should do it in house because they are just kids. How many of you who want to kick the crap out these "narks" etc actually tried to stop the chairs from being broken? It is just crap behavior plain and simple.

Read in the paper today that the bill was handed to Victory to pay, and they have attempted to forward this to Heart. Sure it may help the club financially if Heart doesn't have to pay a thing for the damage caused, but I'm not convinced that this is a 'win' for the club. If the only consequence for a minority of Heart supporters breaking chairs is to cause a financial burden on Victory, a fair few of these idiots may see it as a good idea to continue this kind of behaviour at future Victory home games. Perhaps the only way to get the message through to these people is to directly show that they are hurting our club financially. They have tarnished the image of the club (perhaps they like this 'tough' image), but I doubt that is enough to make them stop.

As a member of Heart, you guys need to sort your shit out. We don't exactly have thousands of supporters.we've all been trying to make the club grow over the last few games by bringing new people. The club has been totally trashed today by the media. And all the good work has been damaged as well as our reputation. I don't care if you think I'm some random on this forum. I pay good money to be part of the club and I have a right to be heard too. Out the people that caused the problems, we don't need fuckwits in this club. I'm all for dobbing in our own and getting rid of them. I'm not planning to come on here often but you guys represent us at the games, the tossers were sitting with you and you know who they are. i personally hope they get banned for 5 years, till they grow up and control their testosterone levels? Seriously what kind of moron fuckhead dimwit mongoloid inbred goes around ripping out chairs and throwing them. Doesn't matter how good you sang or loud you sang on Saturday night it's the bad news that sells papers.

I agree. Mate who takes his 9 y o says that he's not interested in letting him think that what happened is the norm. We will lose both of them if groupthink bullshit is maintained.

Read in the paper today that the bill was handed to Victory to pay, and they have attempted to forward this to Heart.

I can assure you that our club will be paying for every cent worth of damage caused in our area plus the suspended fine handed to us from last derby plus a new fine from the FFA and worst of all potentially compromising our sponsorship arrangements that are so vital to the survival of our beloved club.

This incident will also have huge ramifications for the terrace as a whole and there will be consequences for the whole group and they way we support due to the actions of a few.

You can call me every name you like but the simple fact of the matter is that its fucking stupid to break chairs for the sake of it/because you can and not expect a reaction like this in Australia in 2013. It's rather evident that the negatives for the terrace and the club in general far out way the 5 minute rush that snapping a chair delivers to the misguided few.

Out of 'likes'. But this.

Read in the paper today that the bill was handed to Victory to pay, and they have attempted to forward this to Heart.

I can assure you that our club will be paying for every cent worth of damage caused in our area plus the suspended fine handed to us from last derby plus a new fine from the FFA and worst of all potentially compromising our sponsorship arrangements that are so vital to the survival of our beloved club.

This incident will also have huge ramifications for the terrace as a whole and there will be consequences for the whole group and they way we support due to the actions of a few.

You can call me every name you like but the simple fact of the matter is that its fucking stupid to break chairs for the sake of it/because you can and not expect a reaction like this in Australia in 2013. It's rather evident that the negatives for the terrace and the club in general far out way the 5 minute rush that snapping a chair delivers to the misguided few.

"like"

Well said and cheers for the clarification. It really is a shame that the actions of a few have the potential to threaten the stability of the entire club. If this isn't a wake up call for those responsible for the damage, then I'm afraid they are a lost cause. I don't think age is an excuse here if the vandals are in their teens. A normal reaction from a teen isn't to smash chairs at a football match. I think some people have been watching too many movies and think they are 'hard cunts' if they attend soccer matches and cause trouble. That kind of behaviour will only destroy the game in Australia.

People need to think before they act and realise that they are damaging the club. It's a simple matter of connecting the dots, which is why I think any 'excuse' is unacceptable.

Just want to say thanks to all the guys we met on Saturday. Cracking group of lads. Shame about the result and some of the unsavoury shit that occurred but was a decent game of football and a great night out. Think we are all fully feeling the effects of about 8 hours sleep in three days.

Look forward to doing it again or hopefully for a final this season.

Nice to meet you.

Don't think we should dob in, we need to sort this out as a group, the forum is a good place to start (some great posts above), and if someone knows a culprit maybe a chat at the pub could sort this out.

A five year ban that has been supporter enforced is not the best outcome, The idea that this is too detrimental to our club financially needs to be illustrated, so that instead of punishing and possible re-occurrence of the behavior it becomes common knowledge that it is not accepted.

• Like 2

The terrace shouldn't put up with this behaviour. Damages our reputation, and the club.

My non-football supporting mates have automatically decided we're all thugs, and have 0 interest coming to anymore games. My #OneMelburnian campaign is going to be a struggle.

These are probably the same guys who use to get into a fight every week at footy but as soon as they see some shit at a soccer game suddenly thinks were the 'thug'

• Like 2

The terrace shouldn't put up with this behaviour. Damages our reputation, and the club.

My non-football supporting mates have automatically decided we're all thugs, and have 0 interest coming to anymore games. My #OneMelburnian campaign is going to be a struggle.

These are probably the same guys who use to get into a fight every week at footy but as soon as they see some shit at a soccer game suddenly thinks were the 'thug'

Youll find that people who say 'thugs' already have pre-conceived notions and never had any intention of going to a game, this doesn't excuse the chair breaking, childish thing to do and whats the purpose for it anyway? And if the club has to pay for the damage well that just makes it even worse. I work with Victory supporters, who dont know I support Melbourne and they were convincing the others how childish it is etc etc turning potential members against our team. Reguardless of what the mongs do in the stands, we have just given them more fuel to use against us.

Edited by Dylan

Youll find that people who say 'thugs' already have pre-conceived notions and never had any intention of going to a game, this doesn't excuse the chair breaking, childish thing to do and whats the purpose for it anyway? And if the club has to pay for the damage well that just makes it even worse. I work with Victory supporters, who dont know I support Melbourne and they were convincing the others how childish it is etc etc turning potential members against our team. Reguardless of what the mongs do in the stands, we have just given them more fuel to use against us.

Agree with your post but, out of interest, why don't you tell them you support the Heart?

Agree with your post but, out of interest, why don't you tell them you support the Heart?

So I could find out what they really thought of things :P

Ive only just started too and originally I thought they were Heart supporters cause they would have these forums on their screens, then they were talking about the game last night and it was rather obvious who they supported

Edited by Dylan

I remember being told to calm down after the first derby when I condemned the chair breaking and flares, simply because it would make people think twice before taking their kids to the game. This is exactly what I predicted, a huge media backlash and the club that's going to be hurt the most is us. Disgusted...

Also got no problem whatsoever with people being dobbed in, this isn't high school and no you're not hardcore ultras from Europe, it's the aleague and the first priority is to keep our club and football growing.

I already liked your post but that is just spot on. I think a few fans just want it to stay a minority/fringe sport.

Must admit I was pretty disappointed with some fellow heart fans abusing other fellow heart fans one guy threw a can at him and verbally abused the guy next to him just because he held his banner up. Not good lads.

Saw this, to be fair to the bottle thrower it was a shit banner and the person who kept holding it up deserved all the abuse he got.

A guy threw a full cup of beer at my grandpa's head hahaha

Would love to name and Shame them unfortunately mates with one the rest I'd be happy to throw infront of a bus

I saw two guys smashing chairs. They have a history of breaking stuff and being rebellious. But I sorta know them. Here's a pic.

wario_and_waluigi_by_legend_tony980-d4hwlvc.png

• Like 6

I understand why people would not dob people in because they are mates or something along those sort of lines.

But seriously, by doing this they hurt the club financially and being a small club, it will hurt us quite a lot.

Damages our reputation and decreases chances of people wanting to come and watch, because of some idiots doing this for the second time.

Then no doubt it will hurt us in the terrace as we will be punished for something that most of us are against and were not involved in.

Worst of all, most of the people that did this, it won't effect at all, because they won't get caught and they do not attend all/most of the game.

So frustrating... Definately need to change how easy it is to get away derby tickets, because this all could of been prevented.

Good to see most people talking sense on here. I'm all for getting stuck into opposition and getting rowdy but the whole breaking chairs thing is not on. And people bragging about it on Facebook under a Melbourne Heart fan page makes us all look like idiots when it was only a minority. Took one person to screenshot it and it was all over twitter. Bit of common sense. To be honest I didnt see any of the chairs broken, i was in the next bay towards the back. Besides the whole chair thing, I thought we did a great job making noise and showing our support in a good game. Unlucky not to pinch a draw or even win.

It's 120 broken chairs, it isn't going to send the club into death, shoot me now.

So you don't care about the game or clubs name being dragged through the mud ? maybe try and see things from another perspective instead of your own little bubble

• Like 2

The chairs are fucking broken, get over it, it's done. The media shitstorm is a fucking joke, but there's no point continuously saying it and keeping it hot, "dobbing" people in isn't going to help the club either, the whole thing has gone way out of hand.

PS Luke - Don't fucking tell me to see thing from another perspective champ, I don't care about the game? Mate, we're here to fucking stay, the media can't kill us anymore, the league is past that stage.

I don't care about the club? Get your head checked champ.

• Like 2