Melbourne Football

Round 19 - Visitors FC v Melbourne FC - Sat Feb 2 7.45pm - Etihad Stadium

Hammerhead

Absolute disgrace from Melbourne Heart Supporters, breaking chairs so media outlets can have another go at the aleague to try and bring it down. You keyboard warriors would run at the first sight of trouble. F**Kn mongs.

Almost everybody in here spoke out against the chair throwing.

I liked the bit where you called us keyboard warriors and then threatened us from behind a keyboard.

There was no threat, you should read the post properly mate.

Absolute disgrace from Melbourne Heart Supporters, breaking chairs so media outlets can have another go at the aleague to try and bring it down. You keyboard warriors would run at the first sight of trouble. F**Kn mongs.

I liked the bit where you called us keyboard warriors and then threatened us from behind a keyboard.

Threat/hinting towards violence you get my point.

It wasnt a threat. It was simply pointing out that there seems to be a few people on here that think breaking chairs and then posting pics and bragging on the Internet about it makes them hard.

Well that I agree with, just sounded like somebody from the Victory forum coming over to blame us all for the chairs.

• Like 2

If Yarraside is willing to make a banner of someone beating his wife for next year im willing to fully sponsor it. Seeing their banner yesterday really pissed me off + the bashers celebration. Melbourne is RED AND WHITE.

even though i hate the cunt, that probably is the worst idea for many reasons

• Like 1

If Yarraside is willing to make a banner of someone beating his wife for next year im willing to fully sponsor it. Seeing their banner yesterday really pissed me off + the bashers celebration. Melbourne is RED AND WHITE.

even though i hate the cunt, that probably is the worst idea for many reasons

I know. Still pissed though. Will get over it I guess.

Threat/hinting towards violence you get my point.

There was no threat or hint mate you get my point.

Here are a few incidents I saw and could find replays of.

Penalty:

image.jpg

Celeski comes steaming in and cleans up Tadic (who gets back straight to his feet mind you) and ref says nothing doing...(better to see the video)

image.jpg

In virtually the exact same play, Germano runs in to Flores, who stops dead and 'sheppards' Germano. Flores goes to ground and Strebre points to the spot. (Tbh, I think there was a bit of simulation from Flores to make it look worse, he falls pretty aggressively, screaming like a bitch.)

Sooo.... What does this teach players? If you simulate, you are more likely to be rewarded...

image.jpg

Rojas through offside, nearly scores, forces a great save from Redders.

image.jpg

Rojas shoots, with Milligan offside, Redders saves it and the ball drops to Milligan's feet who could have easily scored if it weren't for Redders brilliance, again.

image.jpg

5 minutes latter, Williams strikes from outside the box with Germano streaming through. Traore is in the Box and Germano is outside it. Shot rebounds of Coe and Germano could have been in one v one, but is flagged when he collects the ball.

image.jpg

And finally, here is a picture of David Williams 'diving... :droy:

Brilliant.

Tbh too many ppl sit in and around the active area then sook about bad behaviour.. Theres another option for you..

Sit in general.

If that's directed at me, I stand in active every week. I love the atmosphere and do my bit to contribute for the 90min. Last night was the first time I ever felt unsafe in Yarraside, and abused for not having a dick dangling between my legs. That's why I was disgusted mate, that and the lack of singing except for the jolly old "We hate Victory". Nothing to do with chairs, broken or otherwise. Think these were the same guys that had a go at Yianni for his banner. Would love to see them contribute to the terrace in any real way before they start abusing those who do. Just goes against the entire terrace culture. [/rant]

Can't stop laughing at that but what was this person saying to you???? Everyone so far who i've met in yarraside has been really friendly so you were probably abused by one of those bandwagoners who only rock up to derbies

Can't stop laughing at that but what was this person saying to you???? Everyone so far who i've met in yarraside has been really friendly so you were probably abused by one of those bandwagoners who only rock up to derbies

Would rather not repeat it - suffice to say it was an extended exchange between us, several people around us got involved and a fight nearly broke out. Not really what you want to see between fellow Heart supporters. But yeah, said in my first post they were clearly Derby specials.

I don't really condone the breaking of chairs, but Victory 'fans' are giving us shit for it, and acting as if they are morally superior. All of this considering that they were the ones who lit so many flares, and we all know that Victory supporters have never done anything wrong :mellow:

Also, to the above poster, I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with that, but for the most part Yarraside is friendly, it is just that you get your derby specials on derbies...

Nearly over the loss..

We played well, and could have won if we put away our chances - Thats football i guess , i was expecting way worse after losing marrone and aziz...

I sat opposite Yarraside/Active and when the chants were going it stood out and was loud, the away bays looked full and coordinated

(and no we are not louder and better than the north end - they are still the benchmark. but we are getting closer

Pity about the chairs and i guess 1 flare compared to vuctorys 15 isnt bad.... Guess you cant control who does what.....

Bring on next week

I don't think the Visitors fans can see the irony in their disgust for the "Wife Beater" chants, considering their "with a bag of treats and a cheeky smile, Seb Ryall is a Pedophile" chant as well as all the homophobic chants directed at Ljubo, that are and were a regular occurance.