Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart 2013 State League Fixture

cadete

19th of June: Road to trip to Ballarat for MHFC vs The Red Devils

Should get the OG Pizza Hut crew together to get revenge from the Longest Offseason ever...

In.

Will Percival be going?

His playing at Albert Park these days...

It will be interesting to see if PPL are as keen for these cold Wednesday night Paddock Games when they actually come around... :hmm:

19th of June: Road to trip to Ballarat for MHFC vs The Red Devils

Should get the OG Pizza Hut crew together to get revenge from the Longest Offseason ever...

In.

Will Percival be going?

His playing at Albert Park these days...

It will be interesting to see if PPL are as keen for these cold Wednesday night Paddock Games when they actually come around... :hmm:

best kind of games tbh

This should actually be a very good game come to think of it. The Heart youth team will have some quality players and Preston has recruited well during this off-season. Both teams should aim high.

Food is so much cheaper and so much better and there's usually a proper bar. It's the sickest.

Yeh, some local clubs often have lamb on the spit and such. Not sure they do this much anymore though. There also seemed to be a generous flow of Rakia amongst the adults even when I used to watch my brother train as a little kid at Preston.

At the very least, hopefully the seed and nut sellers will be out in force. I'll also probably be going to a few Hume City games this year, so they will definitely be there. :)

Just so I understand a little better can we potentially move up all the way to the VPL if were good enough? Or will we always stay at this devision?

With the FFV planning to implement its NCR response in 2014, promotion and relegation for this Heart team is irrelevant. They will be automatically included in the FFV 'Elite' competition, along with Victory's equivalent side.

Just so I understand a little better can we potentially move up all the way to the VPL if were good enough? Or will we always stay at this devision?

With the FFV planning to implement its NCR response in 2014, promotion and relegation for this Heart team is irrelevant. They will be automatically included in the FFV 'Elite' competition, along with Victory's equivalent side.

I was waiting for someone to post this...

I also saw u on the forum Blackmissonary, and was I waiting for your post.

(Its good to have someone on here with a strong knowledge of State League Soccer. :up: )

Just felt like letting the locals have their say first, see how much they know about stuff below the A-League. To be honest, I'm a little surprised and disappointed with the lack of knowledge, both of the league standard but also of what the future holds with with regards to NCR reforms, which Heart and Victory are seen as important part of.

State League 2 north/west is a tough league, not technically gifted, but fairly physical. Most teams pay players, but often enough the effect is negligible. Moreland took the runner up spot and they would have had one of the lowest pay rates going around in the league. Most crowds are poor, a couple of hundred being the upper limit for most games.

There's some pretty bad grounds to play on, but by playing midweek Heart will miss out on most of those, as most clubs don't have suitable lighting for night matches. So no bogged down Brunswick City or Moreland City, or the potato field at Thommo's Partridge Reserve. They might be able to play the Altona East game on Magic's side of Paisley Park. Only one team hosts night matches, that being Westgate.

So I reckon if you're looking forward to the culinary experience of state league football (whether in a patronising Michael Lynch way or otherwise), you'll be disappointed, because the games probably won't be held at most of these grounds. Darebin or Clifton Park synthetics more likely, unless say, Melbourne Knights were interested in hosting midweek matches.at Knights Stadium.

• Like 1

Location is irrelevant for me as I'm driving more than 3 hours no matter where the game is.

all games are a long drive from your way, but Preston would likely be the better game to head to.

what is this elite thing and about 2014?

can we get promoted or?

Yes. Edited by LR9

what is this elite thing and about 2014?

can we get promoted or?

In response to the National Competition Review conducted by the FFA, the FFV will create a new competition and development structure to begin in 2014. Clubs will be classed as either 'elite' or 'community'. 'Elite' clubs (limited to two per zone) will be responsible for developing talent within each zone, by having exclusive access to all junior players (male and female from 12 upwards) within that zone. At senior level, a player points cap will add incentives to clubs to pursue local, younger talent.

The elite divisions will be capped at 24 teams, The community teams will be shunted further down the soccer food chain. Victory and Heart are seen as an integral part of the elite program. Therefore promotion and relegation is irrelevant for this 2013 Heart winter team - unless of course the FFV backs out of the reform process.