Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart Membership Statistics

InMyHeart

A few Statistics have been released as follows

A snap shot of the key metrics reveals;

• Average TV audiences at an all-time high of 82,886, a 26% lift on last season

• Average attendances at 12,925, a 23% jump on last season

• Club Memberships at an all-time high of 70,000, a 12% rise on last season

• Digital audiences on the FFA network at an all-time high peak of 800,000 unique browsers per month, a 46% increase on last season

• Social media community in FFA channels of 350,000, a 28% expansion on last season

To summarise the main point is the membership,

70,000 divided by 10 is 7,000 members per club, now take out victory from that and we standing at 6,025 means we may well be above the AVE or very close to it

• Like 1

Add to the fact that you can get rest of season membership for half price.

Club is not promoting it but apparently you're able to get prorata membership now which is something I've been harping about since season 1.

Get around it and promote it to as many friends/family that were interested but possibly looking at next year.

Don't forget to tell them that you sent them to get a headhunt increase for yourself.

I bought a second membership at the game. More as a $100 donation to the club than anything else.

Great. I bought an extra membership at the start of the year so that I've always got a ticket that I can use for a friend or whatever. If you can afford it, it makes it easier to get someone else along.

Over 6,000 members would have to be more than average for the A League, but cities like Sydney and Brisbane don't seem to have the membership culture that's been built in Melbourne by the AFL clubs. From memory, I think last year's figure was about 6,700? So it's disappointing that we're a bit down on last year. But given our performances have been underwhelming in the first half of the season, probably not a big surprise. At least we're maintaining the core base of support. I'm sure we can build on it if we can string some more wins together.

Edited by Sash

Club aimed for 7,500 members in the first year from memory. To be not even close to this right now, in year three is a concern.

It's up to us to get this 6,000 to 12,000 by next season.

We all have a responsibility for our love to this club. One person each, one Melburnian at a time. We can all bring one member next year. With the monthly direct debit even the $200 fee is cheap. Buy two instead of one and give it to someone as a gift. Whatever it takes.

The club seem to be hamstrung or lack imagination. Whatever the case is I am over it and want the message out to the fans we have. We will build this club. We will create a culture we want.

We are the lifeblood of this club. We want it changed we have to do it. We can.

• Like 2

Club aimed for 7,500 members in the first year from memory. To be not even close to this right now, in year three is a concern.

We all have a responsibility for our love to this club. One person each, one Melburnian at a time. We can all bring one member next year. With the monthly direct debit even the $200 fee is cheap. Buy two instead of one and give it to someone as a gift. Whatever it takes.

The club seem to be hamstrung or lack imagination. Whatever the case is I am over it and want the message out to the fans we have. We will build this club. We will create a culture we want.

Can you be chairman?

Glad to hear my voice/ideas echoed by your Melburnian. Keep it up. It's up to us as fans!

Don't forget, only 83$ for next 5 home games. Strike whilst the iron is _white_ hot.

Culture now starts and ends with us.

Line in the sand. Supporter led. We build the community. We build the Red and White family.

Get this message out to everyone who supports this club.

I hear Newcastle have 11,300 members. Their membership is good value too, $155 adult $115 concession, $330 family (2 adults, 1 kid), or $350 for 2 kids. Sorry about earlier error.

Don't know about their 'membership' numbers but they do have cheaper memberships/season tickets. But are we comparing apples with apples? We don't know the details of any of the clubs' finances. It may be, for example, that Newcastle have a much more favourable stadium deal that allows them to reduce admission prices.

We do need to be careful with these comparisons.

I hear Newcastle have 11,300 members. Their membership is good value too, $155 adult $115 concession, $330 family (2 adults, 1 kid), or $350 for 2 kids. Sorry about earlier error.

Don't know about their 'membership' numbers but they do have cheaper memberships/season tickets. But are we comparing apples with apples? We don't know the details of any of the clubs' finances. It may be, for example, that Newcastle have a much more favourable stadium deal that allows them to reduce admission prices.

We do need to be careful with these comparisons.

Agreed but 6,000 at $215 or 9,000 at $150?

Also sponsorship with bigger crowd etc.

We are a developing club so to charge premium rates is tough so maybe something to look at.

At the end of the day we flog a lot of cheaper memberships later in he year so I think getting in early could enable us to grow significantly.

Bear in mind AAMI Park is much more expensive to hire than Hunter Stadium... I'd also assume the average person in Melbourne would be a higher earner than up there.

In all honesty I think Memberships are more than reasonably priced, if people wanted to buy one they would, the issue is much more serious than this. It's an issue of visibility in the public domain (and probably a lack of ambition).

Bear in mind AAMI Park is much more expensive to hire than Hunter Stadium... I'd also assume the average person in Melbourne would be a higher earner than up there.

In all honesty I think Memberships are more than reasonably priced, if people wanted to buy one they would, the issue is much more serious than this. It's an issue of visibility in the public domain (and probably a lack of ambition).

I again can't fault this argument but it's amazing how good a response I was getting to a cheaper membership option. I just think as a developing club, we charge the same or similar premium as our competitor and really if it warrants more people coming in, surely it's worth it?

You're absolutely right though. Board ambition needs to be questioned and generating public interest another factor.

Every little improvement we can make we should. Fans can play their part and help this.

"Ambition" is the point I'll keep hammering on about. Our club projects itself with little ambition to be the biggest and the best in the HAL. Our statements about youth development and community engagement are laudable BUT THEY DON"T EXCITE THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO COME AND SEE US PLAY!!!! The thing that is going to get us moving ahead with more supporters is a commitment to WIN silverware.

This argument is valid.

However, there seems to be a a missing link in ticketing in my opinion. The club talks about itself as a community and family club that does a lot of work in the area of social inclusion. They work with organisations like 'street football' among others which is great, but the relationships they make with this work probably goes to waste in some way because ticket prices are largely out of reach for these communities apart from maybe the odd game and free tickets.

I still think B reserve being $40 on game day is ridiculous. Just crazy prices for A league and a lot of people have a laugh when i tell them the prices of a decent seat on the wing. So it is not a suprise that more people seemed to have jumped all over the latest flexi tickets.

I have been thinking about it abit because I have a keen interest in Bundesliga and how they run their clubs and football. Fan ownership, cheap tickets, embracing fandom and they have the opinion that all members of society should be able to go to the football.. Our club seems to have similar aspirations and ticket prices in the future need to represent this.

Edited by kontra.11
  • Like 1

Would be nice to have 10k members but I doub this will happen next season,. I have 2 mates that will not be renewing memeberships next season. One has never been (only attended the frst derby) and the other has been about 2 or 3 times to home games and attended the first derby.

I agree that prices for reserve A & B are ridiculous. For the Cricket started at $5 for the Melbourne derby! Don't attend AFL nor do I ever intend to but I am sure the prices are ot that high. For MH to attract more memebrs the membership manager/marketing manager or whatever they are called needs to do some serious work to bump up our membership!

Didn't the Jets have a huge membership increase this or last season cos they offered really cheap memberships across the board? I suppose the key is to get loads of pple to sign up first, then to retain them whilst slowly increasing prices to a sustainable level...

A&B prices are ridiculous, especially considering that B reserve seats are only slightly better than GA in terms of the view you get, Ace of Heart and Cat A should be a tiny section only with a cheaper B reserve closer to the middle...

EDIT: WOOOPS Sorry I should have read the thread, this has already been discussed. How much does one spectator cost us at AAMI Park? I presume this is what the ticket/membership prices are linked to...

Edited by benzema23