Melbourne Football

Aami Park Seating - Active area - Venue map

InMyHeart

This first Venue map was the original one from the start of this season

post-3004-0-50925100-1357280148_thumb.jp

From the recent change in the Active Area, here is how it will be

post-3004-0-31298100-1357287748_thumb.jp

These next three venue maps I hope to see in the Future, yes they are in some sort of order of evolution, but as long as it grows and evolves the way I have shown

post-3004-0-07587200-1357287797_thumb.jp

post-3004-0-30758600-1357287848_thumb.jp

post-3004-0-11662100-1357280383_thumb.jp

Edited by InMyHeart

Get Rid of Premium A on the other side of the ground. Seriously no point. Have that Family Area. Yes that much. Have all Premium A on the bench side. We surely won't be filling too many of these anyway and should be targeting families first at a cheap price point with premium seats.

Other than that, yes 3rd image is what the club should be doing. Members only Active area with the option of purchasing tickets off a membership for friends. Lower the ticket prices. As I said before $15 entry for the Active area per game.

Get people in the door. Easy.

Edited by Melburnian
  • Like 3

I agree as you know I do, but whilst they have this Active Area conditions we oblige.

Having the ability to buy tickets off these memberships is a major positive, pushing the bay up is a positive and having really cheap tickets for this area is also a positive.

As I have stated I would make the whole South side "Active" meaning standing, cheap tickets. For now, I will settle for the above.

Creating a culture as I have stated on other threads, numbers will be huge for "Active" and it will push the club to make the whole side Active.

• Like 1

Here's my recommendation.

- GA for most of tv audience side to make look fuller

- premB seating for middle park for those who want to splurge for awesome seats

- active is standing ONLY. And cheaper than GA

- GA for rest of park

- current west side as is. post-360-13573787921749_thumb.jpg

We cannot have that big of an active area ATM we need to build it up that is what im hoping for in future but ATM no way

Think this is a good idea. I didn't make the game last week and watching it online. It looked and sounded really bad. The whole atmosphere was soulless. It wouldn't encourage new people to come.

The only thing is people on the other side might be a bit upset if they pay more for pretty much the same view. A way to keep them happy is maybe give them a small food and drink card for each game. Give them an incentive to pay more for their seat.

• Like 1

Think this is a good idea. I didn't make the game last week and watching it online. It looked and sounded really bad. The whole atmosphere was soulless. It wouldn't encourage new people to come.

The only thing is people on the other side might be a bit upset if they pay more for pretty much the same view. A way to keep them happy is maybe give them a small food and drink card for each game. Give them an incentive to pay more for their seat.

They get shady side. The other side is a bitch to sit on.

This sort of forces people to rethink their memberships.

Only four of our 13 home games this season have an evening KO. All the others are 3.00 to 5.30 p.m. Makes the Eastern Side very unattractive for anyone. NOT an excuse, but I agree with Munn that it is a disincentive to people thinking about going to a match.

If we want to look good on TV why not move the camera?

Another thought. Other than for 'all-ticket' matches, which until our crowds increase will only ever be the home derbies, do away with reserved seats altogether. Just allocate bays for the remaining matches. So you would have 'A' and 'B' bays on the Western Side, as per demand of memberships plus tickets sold at gate, and the rest of the stadium would be GA except for the 'away' bay(s) and 'active' bay(s).

I have a reserved 'A' seat, but this is not conducive to bring friends as all the surrounding seats are allocated to members (although many are empty week after week). Other than 'all-ticket' matches I'd be happy to just sit in an 'A' bay. Wouldn't perhaps always get my preferred seat, but so what? Only for an 'all-ticket' match would I claim the seat shown on my membership.

Just think we could easily simplify the whole membership/ticket thing. Bring down the prices of 'A' and 'B' a little, and increase the GA a little to compensate for the above.

Once upon a time in the 'good old days' you paid at the turnstile to get into the ground and stood where you liked. If you wanted to go into the 'stand' you paid a little more and got an allocated seat. Why is it now all so bloody complicated?

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

They get shady side. The other side is a bitch to sit on.

This sort of forces people to rethink their memberships.

The wing should be a family section (at GA prices) the reason they get the better seats for less is cos a) they are families and B) they are buying four memberships.

in response to people saying Active should cheaper than GA, fuck no, you would get ppl just buying active tickets cos they are cheaper then whinging and complaining about ppl standiing, flags etc.

they need to be the same price as GA.

Ideally, as others have posted, there would be no distinction between GA and Active and those who want to be "active" would congregate around bay 17 moving outwards from there.

• Like 1

Is there a way they can possibly get rid of those black things draped to divide the area? I understand the need to segergate things but I can see people behind the active area wanting to get into it but the feel stupid doing so because they're on their own. Victory built their core group by getting the randoms involved and interested in jumping around.

I think one of the challenges (this is coming from someone who's only now starting to get involved) is that the occasional fans feel detached from the active members.

• Like 1

Very interesting to see what happened yesterday.

18 was opened up to GA which was much more full than usual and towards the end of the game they were standing up for the remainder of the match. While bay 16 was almost completely empty.

I say we tell the club to do the same with bay 16 and ask for a couple extra rows in bay 17 (like we have had in the past.

Very interesting to see what happened yesterday.

18 was opened up to GA which was much more full than usual and towards the end of the game they were standing up for the remainder of the match. While bay 16 was almost completely empty.

I say we tell the club to do the same with bay 16 and ask for a couple extra rows in bay 17 (like we have had in the past.

Good points, problem is even though everyone jumps in bay 17, they still need to have a seat allocated to them, and those seats for a lot of people are in bay 16 I imagine. Doubt a few extra rows in bay 17 would suffice, especially when we want active tickets available for sale on match day.

Edited by Tesla

The only other problem is that people don't read their emails.

There was a guy who came into Bay 18 and asked us to move out of his seats. We did, but made sure that in the process we told him that this was now GA, and if he wanted a reserved seat, speak to the Club subsequent to the email. That's all good and well, but my issue is that he, and his wife and 2 friends, sat in their 4 reserved active supporter section sets the WHOLE F'ing match. There is the problem.

• Like 1

Telsa is right. They would need to keep it like is because the allocated active memberships. Maybe a way around this could be after 15mins after KO they can let anyone come down there and stand. It will give time for everything to get settled and know what's left. Although that's common sense and the whole situation hasn't really seen it so far.

I completely agree that we should make the one bay go as far back as possible. The reason many people dont go into the other one is that the others around them are not standing. Also it is much easier to co-ordinate the terrace when all in one bay. also i noticed yesterday that those behind yarraside felt more inclined to stand and wanted to more so that they could see better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

attachicon.gifnormal.jpg

attachicon.gifcurrently.jpg

These next three venue maps I hope to see in the Future, yes they are in some sort of order of evolution, but as long as it grows and evolves the way I have shown

attachicon.giffuture1.jpg

attachicon.giffuture.jpg

attachicon.giffuture2.jpg

Thank you for those maps :)

• Like 3

attachicon.gifnormal.jpg

attachicon.gifcurrently.jpg

attachicon.giffuture1.jpg

attachicon.giffuture.jpg

attachicon.giffuture2.jpg

Thank you for those maps :)

Cheers haha, were they used to explain to the club or something ??