Melbourne Football

Sack the CEO and the Board?

Kiro Kompiro

There is A LOT wrong with Melbourne Heart right now. I believe the rot starts at the top.

The people who decide on what our goals are each season, the people who make the plans about how to achieve our aims, the people who appoint the coaching staff, the people who approve the squad list. Ultimately this is the CEO and the Board's responsibility

The club is without a vision or any ambition. Making the finals in a salary-capped league is NOT and ambition. That is lying down and saying we're not good enough. This defeatist attitude permeates all the way down to the pitch and is obvious in the way our players are brushed off and simply incapable of showing any sort of fight.

Our goal this season was to: break even. Not to win games. To break even. Cheap coach, cheap players. A fucking joke.

Club "announcements" do not include Clint Bolton re-signing. Announcing who you will NOT buy is not an "announcement". Hear that Munn?

I did not re-new three memberships this year. I decided to give the club 5 weeks to give me a reason to renew. I have been to the derby, and that is all.

Fans are rightly not turning up, and this will continue until the club is run into the ground and the FFA take it over as a thrice-year sparring partner for Melbourne Victory.

The coach has NFI. The players don't give a shit. The Board and the CEO are clueless.

• Like 4

^^^ Doin' a great job Scotty!

Players fightin' for the shirt, fans cuing up to get membeships that are selling like hot cakes, even the active support CBF'd.

Dead man walking.

Yeah well I did shag your wife though, so Scotty still wins.

Well what you don't know is that I did your mother.. I was young at the time and I needed the money.

Agree with kiro kompiro in most parts as I think we should all attend games and become members every year. That is giving Heart another chance. Now, as far as CEO and board is concerned it is clear that they are not worried about fans or the future of Heart but only how to break even. Munn is not a football person and its now clear that he doesnt understand the game. He should spend the money on a technical director to give us direction. We do not have that now. Aloisi was a bad idea and van Schips style has long gone. As I have pointed out before, if Heart continues this was it will fold. Heart ATM is there just to be there. It feels like we are the boy in a class that nobody plays with but it has to be in class because he was told to. That is a reflection to the people managing the club, and as kiro pointed out it goes all the way to the pitch and onto the fans. Hopefully the people that own the Heart will realise soon whats going on and do something. Otherwise the team does not have a future. And at the end of the day: How dare you do that to the Heart fans?

• Like 2

With a smallish club like ourselves where finances are an issue along with crowd numbers,

Why not as fans do something? We can complain and critic all we want but that's going to do shit all.

If we lose the derby and play shit then really we should make our anger public because at this stage the clubs direction is farked

• Like 2

what i am most upset about it is that there has been ZERO on-field improvement since our first season and nothing has been done to change it.

weve become the most boring team to watch. countless times ive almost fallen asleep watching them play this season.

a teams performances reflects on its fans and if the team doesn't show passion than its fans wont. so those that say we should all stop whinging and support the club should shut up because we will support the team when they show us that they deserve it. and by this i dont mean a win every week just a committed 90mins of football with less back passes to the keeper.. thats all i ask!

weve become the most boring team to watch. countless times ive almost fallen asleep watching them play this season.

really? i struggle to fall asleep at 11:00, and youre almost asleep at 5:00?

we can not win every week. i know we should be winning more, but an out of sorts (no garcia or Tadic) and form heart, vs. the best team in the comp at their home ground was never going to end well.

maybe our board does need a reshuffle but you cant blame them for wanting to break even. whats the point of getting a home final this year if were not around in a few?

we wont win a game this year without Garcia or Tadic.

also everyone needs to buy a membership FFS.

• Like 1