Melbourne Football

David Beckham

MPM

ADP at Sydney has been very very good. Sydney were a shit team before him and they didnt bring ADP only to make them a championship winning team, it was all about the marketing and promotion of the league and Sydney FC. Ono I think has been a bit of a miss, all he has done all season is miss a one on one with a keeper and jump two feet at Hoffmans legs

Well yes ADP has been good for Sydney for about 6 weeks of a two year deal.

But clearly Sydney are not basking in his glow as much as they were, simply because the rest of the team is pants as is the coaching staff and the football director.

We're apparently even tabling a $5 mill 18 mth offer for Becks. With the players, and the coaching team we have, playing like we are, I doubt a decent ROI. Other than Dwight Yorke the appearance of every other marquee has been undermined by the same failings.

The club had a Skype convo with his Agency last night:

Fairfax Media understands Melbourne Heart became the first club to enter preliminary negotiations with Beckham's US management team after holding a teleconference on Monday night.
Edited by LR9
  • Like 4

Just relating to personal experience mate

I used to send out bundles of requests to girls on facebook until I was banned from sending requests/messages on numerous occasions. The final straw was when faceook disabled my account for good and I had to create a new facebook account :(

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

We're equal favourites to get him alongside PSG, we're both paying 5/1, followed by Monaco @ 10/1 odds.

Perth are paying 15/1 and CCM are paying 20/1.

Odds are useless. Don't see why he would go to a cashed-up PSG were he might not even get a run. But then again he might want some Champions League action.

Unfortunately, Mate is out for the season now, however this now opens up a new avenue for the club in signing Beckham sooner, for more games and on an injury replacement deal.

Clubs already touched base with his management.

Yep hope it opens up this avenue. This is now a big deal to get Beckham. Off the field in particular.

AUSTRALIA may have talent, but Nine has begun its search for another global superstar to join the judging panel of its new TV talent franchise.

Victoria Beckham, Lily Allen and Sharon Osbourne are believed to be at the top of the network's 'most wanted' list as it goes about rebuilding Australia's Got Talent, the program it bought after rival Seven shelved it.

Beckham is favourite with casting executives, whose chances of signing the Spice Girl would be tied to any plans of her soccer-star husband, David, seeing out his playing days with a guest stint at an A-League club.

Those preparing bids to lure the former LA Galaxy FC draw card say Beckham is determined to turn over the spotlight to his wife after so much of their family's focus has been about supporting his football career.

http://www.news.com....i-1226533070633

• Like 1

AUSTRALIA may have talent, but Nine has begun its search for another global superstar to join the judging panel of its new TV talent franchise.

Victoria Beckham, Lily Allen and Sharon Osbourne are believed to be at the top of the network's 'most wanted' list as it goes about rebuilding Australia's Got Talent, the program it bought after rival Seven shelved it.

Beckham is favourite with casting executives, whose chances of signing the Spice Girl would be tied to any plans of her soccer-star husband, David, seeing out his playing days with a guest stint at an A-League club.

Those preparing bids to lure the former LA Galaxy FC draw card say Beckham is determined to turn over the spotlight to his wife after so much of their family's focus has been about supporting his football career.

Which city is the show filmed in?

It was in Melbourne when 7 had it, 9's major "live" show's are done here too afaik.

It was in Melbourne when 7 had it, 9's major "live" show's are done here too afaik.

The plot thickens... :)

THE A-League's bid to land David Beckham appears doomed, with the global superstar telling Perth Glory owner Tony Sage that he is unlikely to join an Australian club.

Sage had a brief chat with Beckham after the pair bumped into each other at the opening of the Spice Girls musical Viva Forever! in London.

Beckham told Sage that Australia was simply too far away from his business interests for him to entertain a playing stint there.

That is bad news for Glory, Melbourne Heart and Central Coast, who were all keen to lure the 37-year-old on a 10-match guest stint.

"I got the chance to chat to David, and of course I asked him about coming to Australia," Sage told footballaustralia.com.au.

"He looked me in the eye and basically said, 'That would be nice, but it's too far away from my businesses'.

"It would have been great to have him at Perth Glory, but it looks like that won't be happening.

Advertisement

"I just don't think he'll be coming to Australia, full stop."

• 2 weeks later...