Melbourne Football

Terrace Expansion

Joel21

I have heard that this year we have been allocated three bays for active support

Bay 16 behind the goals and the two others adjacent to it. (not 100% if this is a fact)

I'm not sure how we could get this to work, but why not instead of having bays to the right and left of the main bay behind the goals, extend the terrace up. Our stadiums roof is designed to enhance atmosphere and moving upwards would surely generate greater noise due to the acoustics of the roof.

The tarp will be removed, and the rooster kop will actually be able to stand at the real back .

Capo and drum in the middle, would work

Again not sure if anyone has a say in where we can be allocated but if possible I think this could enhance the active area.

Bay 16 behind the goals and the two others adjacent to it. (not 100% if this is a fact)

I think you mean bay 17

I'm not sure how we could get this to work, but why not instead of having bays to the right and left of the main bay behind the goals, extend the terrace up. Our stadiums roof is designed to enhance atmosphere and moving upwards would surely generate greater noise due to the acoustics of the roof.

Been covered 328527657232424109148 times already, wont happen, nanny state OHS blah blah blah etc.

The tarp will be removed, and the rooster kop will actually be able to stand at the real back .

We have enough problems getting the rooster kop to hear the capo and vice versa, last thing we need is to double the distance.

Perhaps some of the senior terrace members could begin to move into bay 17, get the active crowd going in there, joining in with the more popular active bay. This bay could also be opened up to those who do not have active membership, but could buy an active ticket and sit in there. I know it was quite frustrating being moved out of the terrace due to a friend coming with me and buying a so called "active ticket" only to get moved to GA

• Like 1

Should leave the bottom 5-10 rows empty and have everyone spread out across the tops of the 3 active bays imo.

This. Should be explored with perhaps two bays at first. As YSIDE gets bigger just slowly move to the third bay and then add rows down. Edited by Jimmy

Pretty sure the Charter Boys have been able to have the tarp removed and their Active bays extended to the rear.

Granted they had to sell out thier souls to get it done, but makes a mockery of any argument regarding OHS rulings.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

One of the massive issues with this "expansion", and I think I have posted about this in another thread, is that ACG have no idea what is going on. 3 of us are normal GA members. The following has happened

v Wellington - we were allowed to sit in Bay 17 because we were members.

v CCM - we were kicked out of Bay 17 because we didn't have active memberships. However, we were the only three in a group of at least 30 people who were asked for our membership cards and then to move, after another security guy said we could sit there.

v Brisbane - we sat in Bay 17 because we were members.

Bay 18 is now packed at home games and the irony is that there are a large amount of people who know the chants, sing them and are willing to clap along. Personally, the way to grow the terrace is not to define areas of where active and non-active members can and can't sit. The people that want to sit nearer the atmosphere of Yarraside are those people who are more likely to be up and chanting themselves.

i don't understand how some clown, decked out head to toe in victo*y garb, can stand in our active section and these guys who are heart members are being moved along by them ACG bastards.

We need to encourage the ppl squeezing into bay 15 to spread out into 14/16, its 2 men to a seat up the back atm, need to spread it out but not damage the atmosphere. terrace was very good vs brisi.

we're on the right track, lets see some growth

Edited by spain82

Really? I was told you'd be restricted to your bay. Does the card say bays 16-18?

No, Y-Side has an informal policy and general understanding that the Active Area is treated as GA. Sometimes ACG need to be reminded of this.

The GA Membership Card says at the back (from memory) Bays 12-19 and I think that is where the problem comes because if there is an informal agreement that only some ACG persons know of, we get inconsistencies.

• 2 weeks later...

Am willing to donate one of the drums that I have sitting @ the side of my house. Would be good if someone could come down and inspect the drums to see which is best etc. so I don't end up bringing one that's shit.

Fantastic stuff mate! Hope it's what we need. If anyone has what drum is needed let me know so if Mali's isn't what we require I could look into costings.

I will donate $100 to the Yarraside for flags, banners etc if that's ok. You guys do tremendous work so want to help you guys out anyway I can. Already in motion so want to see some kick arse stuff on display next home game!

• Like 4

Bucket was in full force Saturday. Need to keep an eye out. Usually in the front row.

Thanks for the reply! I've got the active support membership, but have been taking a mate not too keen on the active support just yet. I'm glad my bucket ideas still around, I'll put a couple of buckets in against Perth if I see it.

• Like 1

Also, it's at the pub pre and post matches too (possibly away games?).

Probably easier to donate that way as it saves someone walking around during the match through a packed terrace and you should have loose change from the bar etc.

I'll have to wait 6 months until I turn 18 before I can get down to the pub.

Am willing to donate one of the drums that I have sitting @ the side of my house. Would be good if someone could come down and inspect the drums to see which is best etc. so I don't end up bringing one that's shit.

Can do my man. If Core think it's warranted.

For our next drum, need some of these bad boys;

Turkish Davul;

it20is20impossible20to20get20t.jpg

Or a Japanese Taiko;

16_kodo_lg.jpg

poundit.gifpoundit.gifpoundit.gif

Would make our bass sound like a tamborine ffs.

Anyone who's ever heard these mofo's going before can attest to their awesomeness.

Edited by FB.