Melbourne Football

Football Manager 2013

Tesla

The new FM Classic game mode is an interesting addition but its not really for the oldschool FM players like myself. Interesting to see what the actual new features are, hoping for revamped international management finally and improved / extended dynamic reputations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Preorder down to $26 from Green Man Gaming (legit site, you get a Steam download), just bought it.

Game is here: http://www.greenmangaming.com/football-manager-2013/

Coupon code to use to get it down to $26: GMGFM-C7BEY-U0PMY (limited to 500 purchases so hurry if you want it this cheap)

If you havent signed up on Green Man Gaming before, if you use my refer a friend link you get a $2 credit on your next purchase: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=pulajoxi

SI have also announced that those who have preordered the game get to play the game 2 weeks before it is actually released. Release was announced as 2nd of November IIRC.

Edited by Tesla

• 3 weeks later...

Testing out what international management improvements there are, wasn't expecting much after the video blog series didnt mention much, and there isn't too much. Having a B team is kind of interesting, but not a major addition. I got excited when the news item told me what salary I was on, had me optimistic they had implemented contracts and maybe even finances in international management, but nope no way to negotiate a new contract or to give contracts to staff, just the old offer job / remove from job. Really the most lacking thing in international management IMO. I remember improved interaction was one of the features for international management, but yet to see evidence of this being the case.

I really wish one year they would focus on making international management better.

Kind of depressing looking at the Aus NT and seeing so many uncontracted players selected by default, though one is Grella who should be at Melb Heart when game actrually releases, and also Reinaldo is selected by default LOL. We must be struggling. Also noticed Babalj is at the wrong club. LOLs were provided by Gol Gol being transfer listed by default at Melbourne Heart, game is pretty accurate on that front I guess

Edited by Tesla

• 3 weeks later...

why no thread for this amazing game??

fuck buying from steam or whatever. get it from green man gaming for $40 (can get it for $30 if you use the hot deals code that ends TODAY so get on it farken)

mine is downloading atm, probably won't start playing til tomorrow though. but thinking of start with St Pauli

• Like 1

why no thread for this amazing game??

fuck buying from steam or whatever. get it from green man gaming for $40 (can get it for $30 if you use the hot deals code that ends TODAY so get on it farken)

mine is downloading atm, probably won't start playing til tomorrow though. but thinking of start with St Pauli

Code?

Waiting for the patch with the ME fixes and hopefully that patch has an updated DB as well, then I'll start playing this game, so far just had a quick look at it when I had the beta but havent really played. Should be within a week apparently.

Edited by Tesla

has the match engine improved much?? last couple of versions have been very frustrating.

fm13 has a brand new match engine that they've been developing for a few years as the old match engine was quite old (same one since CM4 and its just been improved year by year). Basically its meant to be a lot more realistic in that you basically have to have tactics that will work IRL rather than just trying to exploit the match engine somehow. Given that its a brand new engine, its got a few bugs at the moment, but despite this reports are that its achieved its goal in being much more realistic and harder to exploit.

Tweaked formation again and sitting 7th with WBA in January 2014.

what happen with Everton?

Just began unemployed with most European leagues unlocked + Australia.

think im gonna go with this since i cant get into any game atm

did you go sunday league experience?

Edited by yelawolf

what's the difference? is automatic no experience at all?

AFAIK, if your unemployed it will set your experience to the level of the lowest league you have loaded. So basically it means you will have to start with as low a team as possible, thereby making a more realistic start to a 'career' type game where you work your way up in the managerial world. which is what I assume you want to do if your starting unemployed.

Not 100% sure what it does if you choose a team, either the same or sets it in line with the team you choose to manage.