Melbourne Football

APL- Australian Premier League

KSK_47

Forgive my ignorance but doesnt the word Premier mean best? Why would the second tier be called the premier league? :blink:

Anyway...

The following 12 clubs have been selected for the APL in Queensland:

Brisbane City Football Club

Brisbane Strikers

Central Queensland Football Club

FNQ Bulls

Moreton Bay United

Northern Fury

Olympic FC

Palm Beach Sharks

Queensland Academy of Sport

Redlands United Football Club

Sunshine Coast Fire

Western Pride Football Club

Football Queensland press release: "FFA looking to introduce a promotion/relegation structure from 2022"

http://pics.lockerz.com/s/249778397

Edited by KSK_47

Olympic FC? Sounds a bit efnik to me??? :ph34r:

It was at their ground that the hard arses from the River City Crews ripped Preseason Pyro at...

I am sure their are some other Efniks amongst that bunch, most likely hidden by the words: United, City or of course FC.

Brisbane_City_FC.png

Edited by cadete

http://www.footballqueensland.com.au/images/1338442564_National%20Competition%20Review%20-%20FFA.pdf

Found this.

Rather interesting.

Also, quote on the APL; "Winter timing deemed critical to fast-track talent into HAL or NYL".

Presumably for HAL scouting?

And "Clubs will be required to field teams from the Senior First Team down to U12s to provide a pathway for players from the moment they progress from Small Sided Football."

• Like 1

http://www.footballq...eview - FFA.pdf

Found this.

Rather interesting.

Also, quote on the APL; "Winter timing deemed critical to fast-track talent into HAL or NYL".

Presumably for HAL scouting?

And "Clubs will be required to field teams from the Senior First Team down to U12s to provide a pathway for players from the moment they progress from Small Sided Football."

FFWA are starting to put this into play now as well, FFV to follow - The VPL is such a sorry state of affairs a lot of its clubs are really scared of proposed changes to the States Soccer System.

Some PPL have called it the death of Ethnic Clubs:

But the reality is that some of these clubs are well placed, MK for example have been focusing on Youth for years (One of the reasons they have not be as competitive in the past) and already have the strongest Youth System for their region so TBH going by all the guidelines look more well placed than any other club to flourish under the proposal.

I have looked at the guidelines for this new FFV stlye VPL. It will kill the backpacker clubs as it has some sort of points based system, which is all about rewarding local juniors, which I think is a good thing, but it will kill some clubs, which is unfortunate.

In short what the FFA/FFV want is for the all of the top state leagues to be turned into NYL Leagues.

Where teams will have to play players that are all in the young 20’s and can only play one or two more senior players.

The A League club’s NYL teams would then compete in this leagues all year round against what you would call NYL State Clubs, who atm look like they could be a mix of a few traditional Ethnic Clubs and a number of those Generic Regional Clubs that play in the VCL in the summer.

If u look at this from the prospective of selfish MH supporter this could turn out be a good deal.

As instead of the earlier suggestion of the MH NYL side playing VPL clubs where they simply would lost almost all their games against senior players. You have a situation where u have a MH NYL side playing against largely local NYL sides and of course derbies against the MH NYL side.

Ultimately we could be watching a winter league where we could see a MH NYL side contest for a Trophy each year.

Edited by cadete

In short what the FFA/FFV want is for the all of the top state leagues to be turned into NYL Leagues.

Where teams will have to play players that are all in the young 20’s and can only play one or two more senior players.

The A League club’s NYL teams would then compete in this leagues all year round against what you would call NYL State Clubs, who atm look like they could be a mix of a few traditional Ethnic Clubs and a number of those Generic Regional Clubs that play in the VCL in the summer.

If u look at this from the prospective of selfish MH supporter this could turn out be a good deal.

As instead of the earlier suggestion of the MH NYL side playing VPL clubs where they simply would lost almost all their games against senior players. You have a situation where u have a MH NYL side playing against largely local NYL sides and of course derbies against the MH NYL side.

Ultimately we could be watching a winter league where we could see a MH NYL side contest for a Trophy each year.

Link for this info?

From this semester's studies, I've been under the impression that the NYL will eventually simply act as a reserve squad for A-League teams, whilst the APL, which will eventually include all states, aims to lessen the jump from senior state to national level. This then flows on, and creates a very basic pathway that junior footballers can follow, instead of the random club jumping and luck of scouting that occurs at the moment.

Mind you, this set-up makes sense in my mind, but might be totally different to what the FFA wants, which wouldn't be surprising. So yeah, willing to look at your source.

Link for this info?

From this semester's studies, I've been under the impression that the NYL will eventually simply act as a reserve squad for A-League teams, whilst the APL, which will eventually include all states, aims to lessen the jump from senior state to national level. This then flows on, and creates a very basic pathway that junior footballers can follow, instead of the random club jumping and luck of scouting that occurs at the moment.

Mind you, this set-up makes sense in my mind, but might be totally different to what the FFA wants, which wouldn't be surprising. So yeah, willing to look at your source.

If dont already have an account the best place for this is kind of infomation and updated news on it is:

http://www.soccer-forum.net/

On the NYL: The first rumour at the start of the VPL Season was it was being scraped entirely (However its obv going ahead this season).

I dont know if the MH Youth team will continue to play in NYL in the Summer, but u can pretty much lock it in they will be playing against State based sides from a APL system in Winter.

The other thing u can def lock in is the Top Level of State Football/APL consisting of almost entirely Youth, they days of the highly paid semi professional 30 year old at the top rung of State Football are coming near an end.

Edited by cadete

Thanks for the site, will sign up soon.

That doesn't make sense to me at all. What happens to all the senior players?

In my eyes (which I'll admit aren't that experienced, but I like to think I have somewhat of a clue), the A-league is a massive step up from the state leagues, and that distance grows larger every season. How can you expect to eventually have a relegation/promotion system if the lower league teams are a majority of youth?

I realise youth development is lacking, but surely this isn't a practical way of improving things. I would have focused on improving the NYL system, including talent identification and training facilities, and used the state leagues as a source for local talent, and fitness maintenance for already established players.

Educate me Cadete, I need to know this shit.

• Like 1

Do u support Western Knights as well?

North_perth_logo.png

I worked with a guy who played for them, they were just across the River from my House in Freo...

Used to hate playing against those guys. You mentioned WA is the next in line with this APL thing. You know which clubs are in the running to form the WA league?

Used to hate playing against those guys. You mentioned WA is the next in line with this APL thing. You know which clubs are in the running to form the WA league?

I have seen a list but I cannot remember where...

I did read something about there being is a ridiculous situation where all the Top Division Clubs are spending big to hire decent Veterans to stay in the Top Flight in order to be chosen for the new styled league.

So spending big on Vets – To become a Youth Orientated Club. :wacko:

Not sure. Until I see a Morley FC V Rockingham City FC in a state league final I doubt i'll ever attend. Which going by current standings is probably not going to happen in my life time.

I only ever attended one State League game when I was in Perth and it was kind of by accident, to explain how long ago it was a match involving Fremantle City playing a home fixture at Fremantle Oval.

Edited by cadete

Had the displeasure of watching Rcfc for most of my teens while playing youth/reserves for them. As with most high level semi-pro teams from the region will never attract any talent from the bigger metro areas and thus struggle to compete. That and the club is run by a bunch of bitter old men.

Not sure what's going on with the oranje no reason to be in their current position.

Fremantle city were always fun to play against the old boys there would watch every game from under 16s upwards as if they were watching juventus play for the coppa Italian