Melbourne Football

Macallister chant

hakz7

Ok. Well I haven't been to a derby where MV have scored. Wait I lie. They scored at 92 mins of Xmas last year. But they didn't chant anything I could hear.

Tbh. I couldn't give a fuak about what they chant. Every chant in the world is reproduced. Either for better or worse. That saying. I don't like this tune.

Edit. K. I also watch other games on the tv. But can't make out tunes a lot.

Edited by dRoy

Ok. Well I haven't been to a derby where MV have scored. Wait I lie. They scored at 92 mins of Xmas last year. But they didn't chant anything I could hear.

Tbh. I couldn't give a fuak about what they chant. Every chant in the world is reproduced. Either for better or worse. That saying. I don't like this tune.

Edit. K. I also watch other games on the tv. But can't make out tunes a lot.

They also scored they first goal that game.

And as I said we could not do that chant even if u did like it, as its been associated with MV as their goal tune for years:

To the point that Radio and TV have often use it themselves for when they cover them...

Seven nation army is so associated with MV for me to the point I cant listen to the song without cringing now(srs).

• They have used it for marketing campaigns both TV and Radio
  • 4/5 variations of it in chant form on their terraces over the years
  • we even have a taunt-chant('blue&white victory faggots' etc) to the tune because its association with them.

sure heaps of other clubs use some specific tunes, but if we copy our rivals ffs - how does that make us look?

I cant stand haring it either.

Just going to say it, the White Stripes are up their as one of the most overrated bands going around...

just as bad as 'zombie nation' hahaha

Edited by macri