Melbourne Football

A step forward

Hazzaverx

Today, as the title suggests was a huge step forward for the club. Not only for the players, but for the fans. Firstly, we had a semi-reasonable turnout of 6200, but with that 6200 we made a LOT of noise. So much so, the entire home end joined in singing you are in my heart, majority even getting to their feet to join the y-side. Superb work by the capo drumming for that entire time, and superb work by the lads at the front pumping up the crowd that no doubt got our lads over the line.

For the players, our first back to back wins in a long time, as well as the double over Brisbane at home, lifting us from bottom to finals position in a matter of weeks. The display read, more heart, and that's exactly what the lads did, besides a sending off and countless yellow cards from that "Mong with a whistle" only positives can be taken, if we continue like this, we will be unstoppable in the near future.

Kudos to all

No time for patting ourselves on the back.

We need to reach that level of support in the last 10 mins every game. For 90 minutes.

Onwards and upwards.

I was watching the game on tv this week and was thinking the same thing. Could definitely tell the difference between the last 10 mins and rest of the game. Could see it when they flashed cameras on people too. They just looked more passionate.

It really did feel like a step forward for the club. The players and the fans showed that they give a shit about this club and two wins in a row on top of it means hopefully things are turning in the right direction...although long way to go both on and off the field.

The way the players rushed to JA after the red card to get instructions during a stoppage and the way the crowd lived through those last 15 or 20 minutes showed me that this club will be ok no matter the criticism almost every week..

Bravo to everyone at the game today..

Edited by kontra.11
  • Like 1

No time for patting ourselves on the back.

We need to reach that level of support in the last 10 mins every game. For 90 minutes.

Onwards and upwards.

Atmosphere was the best it's been in ages imo.

You guys and the OP are all correct, personally i cannot stand and sing for 90 minutes not my thing tbh but i was there with the rest of the GA loving it for the last 10 minutes guys.

Yarraside hit a great level today, people said it form teh start that you were louder and more enthusiastic than last game, maybe less hungover ect but it was great all day and i think if we can organise for the GA to get involved maybe for 10 minutes at the end of each half to start that might work. It did help that we all had our backs up against the wall with the scoreline imo would be less people involved if it was 2-0 ect at that point as it isnt everyones cup of tea.

But great day great game, loved the chants and effort today

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but honestly it was only the last 15 minutes or so where the terrace was really loud.

Continuous improvement is required, you see how much the players lift (mostly) when the terrace is loud, coordinated, and involved in the game.

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but honestly it was only the last 15 minutes or so where the terrace was really loud.

Continuous improvement is required, you see how much the players lift (mostly) when the terrace is loud, coordinated, and involved in the game.

i think we where really loud in the first half. Solid performance by everyone, except that lull just after half time. but as young marty said, Not the time to pat ourselves on the back, ONWARDS AND UPWARDS YSIDE

• Like 1

The lads down the front to the left of the terrace need to get stronger. Our flags look awesome when they're being waved, not when they're lying on the ground.

Fair go mate, these lads produced today's Message Banner and perhaps even more importantly today like every other game this year turned up in strong numbers...

Sadly the same cannot be said for the Absent Supra Sensei...

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Next year I'll get an active membership and join you for a drink.

Have you thought of sending an email out to every member of this web site for wotds, maybe youtube clip?

Could be a weekly thing, learn a new chant once a week sort of thing, realy it's what hq should be doing to encourage all members to get involved.

The lads down the front to the left of the terrace need to get stronger. Our flags look awesome when they're being waved, not when they're lying on the ground.

:o

Tomby - to be fair, that flag is quite large and that particular lad is quite small.

Fair go mate, these lads produced today's Message Banner and perhaps even more importantly today like every other game this year turned up in strong numbers...

Sadly the same cannot be said this for the Supra Sensei...

Honestly, it's not hard to wave a flag. Also, I think you could give the little jabs about the Sensei a rest.

Sadly the same cannot be said this for the Supra Sensei...

Honestly, it's not hard to wave a flag. Also, I think you could give the little jabs about the Sensei a rest.

I could - But I wont... :up:

Just like you with your constant habit of bringing in Marxist Junk into Our Terrace each Game Day, despite the fact that they only represent the political views of the tinniest of subgroups in YSIDE. :droy: