Melbourne Football

Where have you travelled for Football?

Haydos

I have not really done anything exceptional like going overseas for a game:

When I lived in Fremantle: Once at Uni for a three year period I would travel to Melbourne twice a year to see Geelong play usually at least one game in Geelong and at least one in Melbourne.

(People prob have notice that a lot of WA ppl come over to watch AFL games here.)

I have done the following trips for Heart:

Season One: Sydney

Season Two: Newcastle, Adelaide 1, Sydney, Adelaide 2

I also travelled up to Sydney last year so I could catch the Celtic game up there as well as the one here.

• Like 1

I've done Nagoya away @ the infamous Mizuho with Newcastle in the ACL years ago, by far the biggest trip I've done so far. 1-1, Jesic scored first lul. We had about 20 or so lads.

Done numerous in Japan, and numerous with Newcastle since 05'.

• Like 1

Spain away with Northern Ireland 07, was played in the Canarie Islands, which is closer to North Africa than to Spain. last game of the Euro Qualifiers, if we won we went through, Spain went out, We lost 1 nil to a Stephen Craigan own goal and Spain went on to win the Euros and then the World Cup 2 years later

Have been on many trips before:

NSL: Went to Canberra in 2000 aged 6 to see South Melbourne

AFL:

In 2002 I went with my old man and a car full of his mates to Adelaide twice for two Collingwood wins.

Been to Sydney 2 or 3 times for Collingwod against the Swans, one of which included witnessing South Sydney lose to the Warriors by a record margin, which was quite an interesting trip all up.

Went to the Gabba once in 2003 as well for a pies game

A-League:

Went over to Perth over the new year, which saw me witness the Glory versus Roar match, which ended 3-3 and saw a few ripping goals.

Looking forward to a Heart away trip once I finish year 12 at the end of the year as well!

• 1 month later...

Various European trips but most importantly:

Sydney,Adelaide, Gold Coast, Wellington, Newcastle, Perth(finals) to watch the Heart during last season. And all pre-season games which were interesting drives.

Central Coast, Western Sydney and Brisbane a definite this year. With Brisbane and Central Coast in the space of 6 days is a no brainer.