Melbourne Football

Hip Hop & Grime

Tesla

CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange

Dat Kno production. Would have to be close to the most underrated producer going around.

Yep one of my favourites, so much emotion in his production. His solo album was good as well.

Yeah I liked his solo album too, a bit too downbeat for my liking, but I guess that was the theme of the album. A lot of people think he is quite a weak rapper and should stick to just production but I think he is a decent rapper as well.

I acutally don't have A Piece of Strange, I really liked Will Rap For Food, but then didn't like SouthernUnderground so much so I didnt listen to any of their other albums, until Oneirology came out, I gave that a shot and that was pretty good. I'll download A Piece Of Strange now and check it out.

PS this is one of my all time favourite beats:

Edited by Tesla

I wouldn't say its remarkably better than any of their other releases, I love everything they bring out so I generally just choose APOS for my token favourite cunninlynguists album as there isn't a track on it that I don't like and one of those albums I'd choose if I was on a deserted island. Dirty Acres and Strange Journey 1 probably have more bangers on them such as Die For You, KKKY, Georgia and Dance for Me but have a few fillers on them to be considered all time greats. 

'The Gates' on APOS is one of my most thrashed tracks

Edited by hedaik

Saw that earlier

Aesop Rock is no surprise at all for being first, guy has crazy vocab.

The biggest surprise is how poor the correlation between a large vocabulary and being a good artist actually is. The best example being DMX, last on there but has made better music than most of those guys, because he is just fucking raw and has interesting shit to say.

On the opposite end of the scale, who the fuck wants to have Aesop Rock on repeat.

Saw that earlier

Aesop Rock is no surprise at all for being first, guy has crazy vocab.

The biggest surprise is how poor the correlation between a large vocabulary and being a good artist actually is. The best example being DMX, last on there but has made better music than most of those guys, because he is just fucking raw and has interesting shit to say.

On the opposite end of the scale, who the fuck wants to have Aesop Rock on repeat.

I see your point in general 50 is also very low on the scale and i think he's quite an entertaining artist but I have to admit that Im not surprised that really creative artists e.g. Common, Kool G Rap etc. are at the top along with of course The Wutang brigade who practically invented their own rap language, are right at the pointy end.

I think it just shows that there are different reasons to like different artists. 

• Like 1

Not the type of shit I normally listen to but really enjoying some of these Rich Homie Quan tracks.

He's also named in this year's XXL Freshman today:

Lil Bibby

Vic Mensa

Isaiah Rashad

Rich Homie Quan

Kevin Gates

Jon Connor

Jarren Benton

August Alsina

Chance The Rapper

Ty Dolla $ign

Troy Ave

Lil Durk

First time I don't even know half these kunts, probably because a few seem to be more trap artists but even I'm starting to listen to this trap shit more so I guess that's just where hip hop is heading.

Not the type of shit I normally listen to but really enjoying some of these Rich Homie Quan tracks.

He's also named in this year's XXL Freshman today:

Lil Bibby

Vic Mensa

Isaiah Rashad

Rich Homie Quan

Kevin Gates

Jon Connor

Jarren Benton

August Alsina

Chance The Rapper

Ty Dolla $ign

Troy Ave

Lil Durk

First time I don't even know half these kunts, probably because a few seem to be more trap artists but even I'm starting to listen to this trap shit more so I guess that's just where hip hop is heading.

Never heard of any of them people.. I do have selective hearing when it comes to hip hop tho

Jon Connor and Chance are good, Isaiah Rashad is good too but a bit too over-hyped, Jarren Brenton seems alright from the limited stuff I've listened to but a bit boring, and Quan is pretty decent for what he is (as per my limited listening over the last few days since finding out about him).

But no stand outs. Not even close to last year which had Ab-Soul, Logic, Bronson, Schoolboy Q, Joey Badass, etc.

Actually forgot how good last year's list is, all the talent on this year's list combined doesn't even come close to adding up to an Ab-Soul or a Logic.

Kendrick, Drake and Chance the Rapper supposedly playing at BDO next year

Source?

In for Drake.

Inthemix facebook

Found it, Cudi also on there, if anyone cares about Cudi any more.

Hopefully Drake has a sideshow, in for that, cbf with actual BDO.

Not that excited for Kendrick since I saw him his first time here.