Melbourne Football

Hip Hop & Grime

Tesla

Another year over and done with.

NWTS album of the year, Drake artist of the year, Welcome to Forever mixtape of the year, Big Sean most improved artist, Because The Internet biggest let down (it's not bad but I expect more from my boy CG), Kanye still most creative artist, too many to choose from for best newcomer.

Also just realised, slightly over a year now since this:

And everyone still sleeping on Trev Rich.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

My tracks for the year:

Chinx Drugz/Harry Fraud - Im a Coke Boy
Pusha T - Let Me Love You
Pusha T - SNITCH
RA the Rugged Man - Definition of a Rap Flow
Roc Marciano - Ice Cream Man
Tree - The King
Tree - Busters
Tree - Most Successful

Albums:

Gensu Dean & Planet Asia - Abrasions
Harry Fraud - Adrift
Action Bronson - Blue Chips 2
L'Orange & Stik Figure - The City Under the City
Demigodz - Killmatic
RA the Rugged Man - Legends Never Die
Roc Marciano - The Pimpire Strikes Back
Endemic - Quarantine
Tree - Sunday School 2

Tree was definitely the find of the year for me, cant get enough of his voice.

People still mad that Drake better than their favourite rapper?

:droy:  :droy:

:droy:  :droy:

mad / 10

jeez tesla...

Thanks for your opinions guys, but here is what you can do with them:

UsNoCAQ.jpg

• Like 1

:droy::droy:

:droy::droy: mad / 10jeez tesla... Thanks for your opinions guys, but here is what you can do with them:

UsNoCAQ.jpg

You missed the last step of waiting 2 days and then a Drake cd comes out.

• Like 1

Probably should have chosen something better than trap to back that up with (but unlike Drake at least its been posted in the correct thread)

Lol.

Billboard’s most number-one Rap Songs

(name, debut year — total)

1. Drake, 2009 — 14

2. Diddy, 1997 — 10

3. Kanye West, 2005 — 9

Most #1 rap songs, but not the correct thread.

You can hate on the fact he sings also, but I don't think anybody cares:

Billboard’s most number-one Hip-Hop/R&B singles

1. Drake, 2009 — 10

2. Jay-Z, 1995 — 9

3. Lil Wayne, 1999 — 8

Edited by Tesla

Probably should have chosen something better than trap to back that up with (but unlike Drake at least its been posted in the correct thread)

Lol.

1. Drake, 2009 — 14

2. Diddy, 1997 — 10

3. Kanye West, 2005 — 9

1. Drake, 2009 — 10

2. Jay-Z, 1995 — 9

3. Lil Wayne, 1999 — 8

Lol

• Like 1

Lol.

1. Drake, 2009 — 14

2. Diddy, 1997 — 10

3. Kanye West, 2005 — 9

1. Drake, 2009 — 10

2. Jay-Z, 1995 — 9

3. Lil Wayne, 1999 — 8

I'd be telling everybody I listen to Urban if I cared about what some whitey music execs think. 

(fwiw Im just stirring and don't hate on anybody listening to Drake as theres 100000 more shitter artists in the world, just not my cup of tea)
Edited by hedaik

How old are you guys?

If you listen to (and actually like) drake im thinking maybe 16.

Ecer heard of Big L, Big Punisher, MOP, Immortal Technique, Cormega. Thems real rappers.

Yeah dawg, fuck that fake ass bitch Drake, he ain't bout that life. I'd much rather listen to the guys you list, as a white middle class guy from Australia I can really relate to their lyrics about shooting people and selling drugs, or in the case of immortal technique, leading some sort of violent revolution against the government.

Edited by Tesla

Its called lyricism. Vital ingredient for being considered a good rapper. Educate yourselves about the culture before claiming drake is dope.

Who said im white and who said I dont sell drugs?

In the case of immortal technique his politically heavy raps represent the struggle his people face in modern america much the same as the late great Robert Nesta Marley did for the jamaican people. His track dance with the devil is in no way politically inclined just a great story told in a rap.

So you are over 16 and like drake? I feel bad for you son.

Am I correct in saying you dont like local rap as well? Being middle class white boys and all?

• Like 1

Its called lyricism. Vital ingredient for being considered a good rapper. Educate yourselves about the culture before claiming drake is dope.

In the case of immortal technique his politically heavy raps represent the struggle his people face in modern america much the same as the late great Robert Nesta Marley did for the jamaican people. His track dance with the devil is in no way politically inclined just a great story told in a rap.

Am I correct in saying you dont like local rap as well? Being middle class white boys and all?

:fb: :fb: :fb:

Edited by Tesla

:fb: :fb: :fb: What that spose to mean? School me

:fb: :fb: :fb:What that spose to mean? School me

Tesla prefers to listen to lyrics he can relate to such as camping and fishing with his dad on school holidays.

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 3

:fb: :fb: :fb:

What that spose to mean? School me

Only people that are poorly socially calibrated, crazy, and on the margins of society listen to immortal technique.

Edited by Tesla