Melbourne Football

Some one just told me that Joey and Lupe arent GOAT candidates, and that Rakim is

Tesla

His like Pele, amazing for his time, but since then things have progressed, and if Pele played today he would be average at the elite professional level.

Was expecting KSK and/or BH here to give me some 'back in my day' type post.

And who the fuck changed my thread title, ruins the whole thread tbh. brb, looking at moderator logs and hunting them down.

Edited by Tesla

brb King of the Golden Age

brb first east coast rapper to go platinum

brb Biggie, Pac, Nas, 50, Raekwon, GZA, RZA and The Wu, Kool G rap, Big Pun, Jay z, Big L, Eminem, Canibus, The game, Brother Ali, J5, Warren G, Tribe called quest, DITC, Snoop have all paid musical tribute to me and list me as a top, if not the The biggest influence.

brb introducing jazz hooks into hip hop

brb Paid in full no.24 on Rolling stones top100 of the twentieth century

brb commercial blueprint for east coast rappers to enter mainstream record business

brb i changed hip hop

brb 1985- sill selling records.

brb I AM HIP HOP

MAD?

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 3

brb King of the Golden Age

brb first east coast rapper to go platinum

brb Biggie, Pac, Nas, 50, Raekwon, GZA, RZA and The Wu, Kool G rap, Big Pun, Jay z, Big L, Eminem, Canibus, The game, Brother Ali, J5, Warren G, Tribe called quest, DITC, Snoop have all paid musical tribute to me and list me as a top, if not the The biggest influence.

brb introducing jazz hooks into hip hop

brb Paid in full no.24 on Rolling stones top100 of the twentieth century

brb commercial blueprint for east coast rappers to enter mainstream record business

brb i changed hip hop

brb 1985- sill selling records.

brb I AM HIP HOP

MAD?

brb, none of those affect what I said in my previous post about Pele.

brb, influenced all those artists, who then built upon his basic flow, basic rhyme schemes, and basic lyrics to create better works.

brb, didnt mention anything about most influential, i'm just talking about the music.

His like Pele, amazing for his time, but since then things have progressed, and if Pele played today he would be average at the elite professional level.

Was expecting KSK and/or BH here to give me some 'back in my day' type post.

I actually started writing a post yesterday at work starting with "back in my day..." but I thought you would be sick of hearing them by now so I didnt bother, lol.

I honestly dont think you can compare pioneers of hip hop with modern pop acts rappers. Its like saying a Boeing airline piolt is a better aviator than the Wright brothers.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

Lupe is a fucking phaggot.

I remember hearing a story that Rakim was walking down the street and saw a guy selling bootlegged cassettes of Eric B's music and beat the shit out of the guy and just continued walking down the street like nothing had happened. Not sure how true it is but wouldn't put it past him.

I could almost name 300 rappers better than Lupe myself, almost.

Lupe is a fucking phaggot.

I remember hearing a story that Rakim was walking down the street and saw a guy selling bootlegged cassettes of Eric B's music and beat the shit out of the guy and just continued walking down the street like nothing had happened. Not sure how true it is but wouldn't put it past him.

I could almost name 300 rappers better than Lupe myself, almost.

Judging by Lasers, I probably could to.

Going by Food & Liquor and The Cool, Lupe would easily be in my top 30-50.

In fairness Tesla. I have not heard that much of Lupe's stuff. The only tracks of his I like (that I know of) are Kick Push and Me and My Sneakers. Everything else I have heard just sounds like chart music. Do you have any examples of his stuff that set him apart and elevate him onto the same level as the greats.

In fairness Tesla. I have not heard that much of Lupe's stuff. The only tracks of his I like (that I know of) are Kick Push and Me and My Sneakers. Everything else I have heard just sounds like chart music. Do you have any examples of his stuff that set him apart and elevate him onto the same level as the greats.

he didnt have chart music, till his last album, because the record label forced him to make it, and he himself said he hates his last album.

Edited by Tesla

he didnt have chart music, till his last album, because the record label forced him to make it, and he himself said he hates his last album.

Surely Superstar and Daydreamin both fit this category?

I love them both, but they are more commercial than Lupe normally is.

Hey chap. I have not had a chance to listen to these until now because I have been busy being booted out of my house.

After listening to these tunes, I have certainly been a bit harsh on Lupe. He certainly deserves a lot more credibility than I have been giving him. Still wouldnt rate him as highly as Rakim, but I can see why people like him so much.

BTW- my personal pick of that bunch was Streets on Fire. Sort of reminded me of UNKLE

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...