Melbourne Football

Smartphone discussion

perthheart

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea my view though was, you dont have to have it for 24 months. As I say, I could sell it now for a couple hundred and then upgrade or whatever. 24 month plan, you're essentially saying you will use that phone for 2 years, whereas we both know newer and much better phones come out every 6-12 months.

Depends what you see yourself doing with it really..

Yea my view though was, you dont have to have it for 24 months. As I say, I could sell it now for a couple hundred and then upgrade or whatever. 24 month plan, you're essentially saying you will use that phone for 2 years, whereas we both know newer and much better phones come out every 6-12 months.

Depends what you see yourself doing with it really..

You can sell the phone while on the 24 month plan and upgrade as well, chuck the sim in the new phone (would have to get a telstra compatible phone though). Your still just paying off the money of the first phone.

Seems like buying outright only woks if you dont mind being on Optus network, because than you can go on live connected and pay like $15 a month for more calls/text/data than most $30 caps.

Edited by Tesla

You can sell the phone while on the 24 month plan and upgrade as well, chuck the sim in the new phone (would have to get a telstra compatible phone though). Your still just paying off the money of the first phone.

Seems like buying outright only woks if you dont mind being on Optus network, because than you can go on live connected and pay like $15 a month for more calls/text/data than most $30 caps.

Yea I did have a 24mth plan a few years back, found myself just waiting for it to end so i could swap networks and phones tho (i was on optus at the time).

The only reason I'm on a byo plan as high as this is it was the lowest with free texts, and i send a couple thousand a month so couldnt go a lower one. someone who doesnt text as much could comfortably go on a loweer plan than this.

• 1 month later...

Might acquire an iphone out of necessity, my question is, will I instantaneously become a phaggot or is it more of a gradual thing?

Instantaneous. It can't be helped but you will also become progressively more of phaggot over time and will start to utter phrases like "I don't care about customability, programming restrictions or having what I can d/l dictated to me because I have an iPhone and its just so easy to use!"

got the one XL. figured, why go telstra if not gonna use 4g?

wow, what a phone!

also played with the S3. Cant go wrong with either...

Android 4.1 released on certain handsets. and also being released on the high end phones that are currently out now. S3, HTC one X/XL etc...

Anyone who has the galaxy s3 what is battery life like? Getting towards the end of my plan n thinkin of s3 as the update

I have it, the battery life is hopeless, on full battery saving mode lasts less then 24 hours.

Edited by jdavisheart

Does anyone know much about the galaxy nexus and how it compares to the s3?

A review i read says that the nexus has a better LCD and better graphics but the S3 has a gruntier CPU. It benchmarks higher than the nvidia tegra quad core in my HTC one X apparently and my phone is freakin awesome.

Edited by bazzatron

cant go wrong with either the s3 or htc or nexus. all 3 will be getting the 4.1 update in the coming months.

there is no clear winner... each have there own pro's and cons.

best thing to do it to walk into a phone store and handle the phones and see which one feels the best in your hand and get that one.

App called Juice Defender.

Already has a few different (pre determined) settings, and also lets you customize and save settings, for battery management.

I have it on a basic setting... basically it cuts your 3g, wifi and blutooth (if not connected to anything).

Advanced settings may even automatically kill apps that run in background.

Charging once per day. overnight.

Used to use Advanced Task Killer on my Galaxy S. Then was using it on the S2 untill ICS came out. ATK just doesnt cut it anymore.

Just got my S3 home.

:D

Very happy indeed. great customability and even more intuitive than I thought it would be. Runs smooth as hell but can't wait to update to Jellybean 4.1

Who's got some cool aps for me to d/l?

Downloaded Juice-Defender.

Edited by Braveheart