Melbourne Football

Smartphone discussion

perthheart

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol he should have used a card with the troll face on it.

The nexus 6 is looking more and more likely to be a phablet. Needless to say, I won't be getting it.

The Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact are out. First 100 to sign on with virgin get a PS4.

If I was to upgrade, it'd be an Xperia Z3 Compact.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the why is the hardest part to answer. And to be perfectly honest I am not sure I have a good answer. My best response would be to satisfy my curiosity. I also wouldn't suggest anyone get an implant just for this, but showing people how I can unlock my phone has turned into somewhat of a fun trick.

The images in the following article are graphic and you might be taken back a little by them. If you are, bad luck, i warned you and you didn't listen. 

http://www.connectedly.com/why-i-implanted-nfc-chip-hand

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations. That's one of the top choices.

The Z3 compact will be my next phone if the next nexus is a phablet size. 

Sony has come a long way and they don't seem to be looking back anytime soon. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they were approached to make the next Nexus.

Congratulations. That's one of the top choices.

Im guessing you don't think much about all the cracking complaints that the Z series seems to get?

Not at all. If you're a tradie... get a tradie phone. 

Ifyou don't take care of your things then you deserve it. 

Buying Sony over Samsung is a rookie mistake.

Havent been too impressed with the way my Note 2 has fared over the last 2 years, Mrs Hedaik bought the Z2 and it seems like a better build.

Either way I'm only paying $10 more than I currently am with Boost prepaid and I get a brand new phone out of it, so no huge loss (unless both Virgin and the Z3 end up being really shit, in which case you won't know about it as I wont be able to post on here)

Edited by hedaik

Buying Sony over Samsung is a rookie mistake.

Havent been too impressed with the way my Note 2 has fared over the last 2 years, Mrs Hedaik bought the Z2 and it seems like a better build.

Either way I'm only paying $10 more than I currently am with Boost prepaid and I get a brand new phone out of it, so no huge loss (unless both Virgin and the Z3 end up being really shit)

To each their own, it may even be a better phone than anything Samsung has on the market right now (haven't really been paying attention recently), but for me the completely different level of after sales support that Samsung has to offer is valuable. Having said that, I'm sure that's an area that Sony will improve in now that their phones are getting more popular.

Edited by Tesla

Sorry but there is no feature a Sony phone could have that's better than the fact you can walk into a Samsung store and walk out with a replacement phone, rather than waiting weeks for Sony to send the phone to the dodgy repair company they contract to fix your phone.

I got a note 4 after using an iphone for years. Thought id try something different. So far so good. Although I think I had unrealistic expectations about its battery life haha. The only thing I dont like is the finger print reader, its horrible. But, I like the pattern rather than the passcode so its not all doom and gloom

Edited by Dylan

Smashed the screen on my Z3 already  :up:

Was the force worth of screen breakage? I just bought a Z3 compact off ebay group deals for $499.

I was in a club and while I had the phone out somebody knocked my elbow from behind which caused it to slip out (its a slippery phone due to it being glass all over). Normally when Ive dropped previous phones Ive managed to catch it with my foot to soften the blow, this time I didnt and it hit the concrete right on the corner. I knew it would be smashed as soon as it happened. Although its cracked all over, I reckon I could get away with ignoring it if it wasnt for the digitiser also being broken.   

Was already pretty shitty about being in a shit nightclub with shit music with a bunch of single guys trying to pick up, this just fucked my night right up. 

• Like 1

Looking at jumping ship from years of iPhone as they're boring as fuck IMO. Leaning towards the Galaxy despite HTC one M8 being the 'best' on the market, mainly due to camera.

Any others I should consider from those in the know?

I also jumped shipped and am waiting for my z3 compact to arrive.

Looking at jumping ship from years of iPhone as they're boring as fuck IMO. Leaning towards the Galaxy despite HTC one M8 being the 'best' on the market, mainly due to camera.

If you're coming from iPhone, Galaxy will be the best option for you.

• Like 1

I got a note 4 after using an iphone for years. Thought id try something different. So far so good. Although I think I had unrealistic expectations about its battery life haha. The only thing I dont like is the finger print reader, its horrible. But, I like the pattern rather than the passcode so its not all doom and gloom

How do you find the size of it? Tempted to get this but it looks so fkn big.. must be awkward when you're on a night out etc.

The CPU and video processing power of my Xperia Z2 combined with the 20Mp camera, makes my phone easily the best I've used. The video editing capabilities constantly surprise myself and other IT geeks at work. If I was after a new phone today, I'd go for the Z3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the Z3 back last night from Mobile Essentials. Was a 2.5 week wait, but they were open with me about the delay and the part being stuck in customs. The part arrived at their repair centre in Knox City yesterday and they had it ready for me to pick it up at the CBD last night so can recommend them for any repairs. 

Nice little bonus is that the Z3 gets reception all the way from Footscray Station to the loop whereas my Note 2 got nothing.