Melbourne Football

Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets - Sat 14 March

MHFCROB24

You can only beat what's in front of you, so a 4-0 win is a pretty good result.

Pretty impressed seeing Novillo live at a match. He's very direct, has impressive close control and just plays with a lot of verve. And a bit like Melling IMO, such lively players lift teammates around them, and help bring out noticeably better team performances. Also, given that Novillo's sure he's not 100% and there's more to come from him, I'm pretty keen to see what sort of impact he can make on the A-League when he's firing on all cylinders.

Jaliens has been a real positive presence in the defence. His positioning is so good that it makes up for his limited athleticism (which is still pretty good for a 36 year old). That he's dangerous from set pieces as well is another plus. 

Although of course he has to show a lot more, Koren showed ample class with his perfectly weighted assist for Williams. Hopefully if he can play in the same position (in midfield) for multiple games in a row, we'll see more of that quality (which I think might happen, as Novillo and other options are good enough for the wingers positions, and hopefully one of Kennedy or Williams can be a better option than Koren playing up front). 

Have to see how the team backs up against better opposition, but overall a good win. Something the team can build on, and the likes of Ramsay, Williams, the back-from-the-dead Germano and others can take confidence from this game. So there's no excuses and the team should be able to ruffle a few feathers going into the business end of the season. 

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 4

You can only beat what's in front of you, so a 4-0 win is a pretty good result.

Pretty impressed seeing Novillo live at a match. He's very direct, has impressive close control and just plays with a lot of verve. And a bit like Melling IMO, such lively players lift teammates around them, and help bring out noticeably better team performances. Also, given that Novillo's sure he's not 100% and there's more to come from him, I'm pretty keen to see what sort of impact he can make on the A-League when he's firing on all cylinders.

Jaliens has been a real positive presence in the defence. His positioning is so good that it makes up for his limited athleticism (which is still pretty good for a 36 year old). That he's dangerous from set pieces as well is another plus. 

Although of course he has to show a lot more, Koren showed ample class with his perfectly weighted assist for Williams. Hopefully if he can play in the same position (in midfield) for multiple games in a row, we'll see more of that quality (which I think might happen, as Novillo and other options are good enough for the wingers positions, and hopefully one of Kennedy or Williams can be a better option than Koren playing up front). 

Have to see how the team backs up against better opposition, but overall a good win. Something the team can build on, and the likes of Ramsay, Williams, the back-from-the-dead Germano and others can take confidence from this game. So there's no excuses and the team should be able to ruffle a few feathers going into the business end of the season. 

Welcome back. I was wondering why I had so much spare time and it was because you were not posting :D

• Like 1