Melbourne Football

Active Area Expansion

mitchellmcleod

Not sure what's on the stadium maps, but this is the announcement that was made on July 30, and the statement seems to pretty clearly state that these changes have officially been put in place:

NEWS: Active Supporter bays expand with membership demand

Wednesday, 30 July 2014 - Julius Ross

Melbourne City FC is delighted to announce the expansion of the Active Supporter areas.

Melbourne City FC is delighted to announce the expansion of the Active Supporter areas for the Hyundai A-League 2014/15 season.

With less than 100 seats left in the current area of Bays 16, 17 and 18 at the Yarra River end, the Club will be extending these bays vertically to accommodate the increasing demand for Active Supporter memberships.

Our supporters have been the lifeblood of the Club and will continue to be vital part of the Melbourne City FC match day experience. The Club is excited about the potential to grow the active bays, with even more colour and sound filling the stands of AAMI Park.

As a celebration of the expansion, Melbourne City FC are offering one lucky Active Supporter member the chance to present the Man of the Match award when the Club plays its inaugural Westfield FFA Cup match against Sydney FC in Ballarat on August 12.

Simply sign up another new Active Supporter member by Friday 1 August and the winner will be drawn and notified on the day of the match.

Are you new to the Active Supporter experience? See for more details about how you can be part of the atmosphere here.

Please refer to the AAMI Park stadium map for further information on the bays that will be expanding. If members or fans have any questions, please contact membership@melbournecityfc.com.au.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/news-active-supporter-bays-expand-with-membership-demand/1rogmkt7hc9yu1i1fiq9pjs1qa

It's definitely been expanded backwards, I'm just not sure how far.

Also active membership sales are currently double what they've ever been which is exciting.

That's awesome news mate! Got my membership today, I'm in bay 16. Should be a good year with lots of noise coming from the Yarra end!

dont think anyone cares in active where their ticket says they are mate haha. kind of just rock up and sing

I picked up my active membership on Sunday but I am not sure what the difference is between Section and Aisle.

It's my first year as an active member so I am not really familiar that much with how that all works and I would have thought they are the same thing.

On my membership it says Aisle 15 and Section 17, so what bay am I in?