Melbourne Football

Melbourne Storm

KautoStar1

You really didn't need to start a whole thread for one simple question that has ben answered many times.

Piss off. If I'd seen the fucking answer previously I wouldn't have started a thread would i. And pull the bloody thread if it is so repulsive. Lol
  • Like 1

You really didn't need to start a whole thread for one simple question that has ben answered many times.

Piss off. If I'd seen the fucking answer previously I wouldn't have started a thread would i. And pull the bloody thread if it is so repulsive.

Can't argue with swear words. You win. 

Edited by Alexxandro
  • Like 1

There's a few answers that have been put forward as to why Melbourne Storm or Melbourne Storm owners bought 20% of the club, but as far as I can see the question hasn't been definitively answered.

The idea that they bought in to the club to supply local knowledge seems to especially make sense, though. Bart Campbell (chairman of Melbourne Storm) is the chairman of a Heart consortium group holding company (I believe its exact name is 'MHFC Holdings Pty Ltd'), and this holding company has taken care of local issues like trademarking the name 'Melbourne City Football Club' (and I think the Storm owners have also secured Melbourne City's website/s).

Also, I think the Melbourne storm bigwigs (Campbell, Ryan etc.) were keen to partner with Manchester City, thinking the partnership would benefit Melbourne Storm:

Melbourne Storm Chairman Bart Campbell believes the partnership will allow Storm to grow and develop alongside some of the world’s most recognisable brands.

“It was an interesting day for us, we have been able to join in purchasing the Melbourne Heart with Manchester City,” Campbell said.

“From our point of view its great to have access to the expertise in one of the world's leading sports organisations and to provide someone on the ground support for them here in Melbourne.”

Storm’s partnership with Manchester City, one of the biggest sporting clubs in the world will be an affiliation both clubs can benefit significantly from according to Campbell.

“We have got people as partners who really know what they are doing and are right at the front of the global game,” said Campbell.

“I think there are a lot of key learnings there that will benefit Storm.

“Having a chance to work together with Manchester City will be really good for us and for our business.

“The facilities (in Melbourne) are world class, the people are passionate and there really is something you can do that is quite special here.”

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2014/01/23/storm_partner_with_manchester_city_bart_campbell.html

So it's not 100% clear why Melbourne Storm or Storm owners (as it's unclear whether Storm per se or their owners own the 20%) got in on the takeover and bought the 20%, but IMO the above reasons are the main 2 reasons why.

Having the Melbourne Storm owners on board gives the CFG buyout some local knowledge, along with the chance to cross-utilise admin and some sport science resources between each club.

From what I have read it was the Melbourne Storm reps that actually got the momentum going for getting CFG on board, as it really will assist in broadening their reach into sport in this city. Once the Rugby and Football clubs can find ways to harness the supporter bases of each club to buy into a common connection, the real benefits may well start to flow, as occured over the past couple of years in Newcastle through the HSG ownership. It certainly helped to build crowds at Jets matches.

Piss off. If I'd seen the fucking answer previously I wouldn't have started a thread would i. And pull the bloody thread if it is so repulsive.

Can't argue with swear words. You win.

I've plenty left in the tank.

Someone pay the ASIC fee and we can find out :up:

If you ask nicely the club (MHFC Holdings Pty Ltd, might provide it for free.

Share register

The share register is usually held at the company’s registered office and contains the name and address of each member, the number of shares held, share classes and the amount paid and unpaid on the shares.

Anyone has a right to inspect a copy of a company’s share register. As a member, you may inspect the register free of charge. However, the company may charge other people to inspect the register. The inspection fee is set out in Sch 4 of the Corporations Regulations 2001 (Corporations Regulations).

Anyone has a right to request a copy of a company’s share register. A company must provide a copy of the register to you within seven days of you requesting the copy. The maximum fee for supplying a copy of the register is set out in Sch 4 of the Corporations Regulations.

When requesting a copy, you must provide your name, address and the purpose of your request. You cannot obtain a copy of a register for an improper purpose, such as:

soliciting a donation from a member

soliciting a member of a company as a stockbroker or sharebroker

gathering information about the personal wealth of a member, or

making an unsolicited offer to purchase financial products such as shares or units off-market

if the company keeps the register on a computer, the company must provide the copy in the format set out in Part 2C.1 of the Corporations Regulations.

Edited by malloy

I'd rather just pay the fee than go to that effort (isn't it only like $20?), that's if I cared enough to do either, which I don't.

I'm pretty sure it is the owners of Storm as part of a holding company, similar to what M13 suggest.

Even without factoring in the doors that will be opened for Campbell by being affiliated with CFG, considering the previous ownership broke even with the sale, when the team has been pretty much rubbish for its entire existence, I guess they figured it would be money for jam, if and when they do decide to sell their stake.