Melbourne Football

World Cup Betting

MaliMate

World Cup bets anyone? Been studying it quite a bit. Honestly don't see much value in Golden Boot or WC winner. Too hard for me this year.

A few things I did like:

Switzerland to qualify from their group - $1.60

Belgium to win their group - $1.55

South Korea to finish bottom of their group - $3

Group Opponents -3.5 goals against Honduras $1.95

Group Opponents -2.5 goals against Ghana $1.75

Ivory Coast +0.5 goals against Group opponents $1.90

Germany/Portugal group exacta $2.40

Few top team goalscorers that I thought were some value:

Immobile Italy $7

Yaya Toure Ivory Coast $4.50

Jozy Altidore USA $6

Gonna have a look at a few 'to reach quarter finals' 'to reach semi final' bets next.

World Cup bets anyone? Been studying it quite a bit. Honestly don't see much value in Golden Boot or WC winner. Too hard for me this year.

A few things I did like:

Switzerland to qualify from their group - $1.60

Belgium to win their group - $1.55

South Korea to finish bottom of their group - $3

Group Opponents -3.5 goals against Honduras $1.95

Group Opponents -2.5 goals against Ghana $1.75

Ivory Coast +0.5 goals against Group opponents $1.90

Germany/Portugal group exacta $2.40

Few top team goalscorers that I thought were some value:

Immobile Italy $7

Yaya Toure Ivory Coast $4.50

Jozy Altidore USA $6

Gonna have a look at a few 'to reach quarter finals' 'to reach semi final' bets next.

Switzerland $3.25 to win their group. I like it more than them qualifying from their group, they are in better form than France.

Group B - Spain / Chile to qualify - $2.95

OR exacta Spain / Chile $3.90 probably better.

Some sort of bet on italy, have to analyse what gives the best value.

Edited by Tesla

sportsbet.com.au are giving refunds on all 3 leg multi's during the World Cup if you lose 1 leg. Can get one refund per day during the Tournament and it must be on the Result market. I'm gonna start with Brazil-Mexico-Spain. Leaving the Socceroos game as I already have a decent collect waiting if Chile gets up.

• Like 1

Getting on Australia not to score, TBH can't see us being much of a threat up front.

Backing the draw/Cro Double chance for the opening match.

270 mins of time to score. a chance of a penalty or a cheap consolation goal and you lose your bet. even Tahiti managed that against similar opposition last year.

imo go for under 1.5 goals, safer bet.

Edited by yelawolf

Got a couple of early multi's running:

Highly unlikely all will fall into place but I'm in for a healthy collect if it does

Aussies to finish last in their group

Switzerland and France quinella

Argentina, Bosnia & Herz exacta

Germany, Portugal exacta

@$15.28

and

Brazil, Spain & a draw in Mexico vs Cameroon

@$7.63

Always hate betting on a draw but with the sportsbet money back guarantee couldn't go past it.

Neymar first goal scorer $10 @ 5.25 = 52.50

1st Brazil/2nd Croatia, England/Italy, Belgium Group H Winner, Argentina/Bosnia, 1st France/2nd Switzerland $10 @ 57.29 = $572.90

Off to a flyer ;)

They should have paid Marcelo (was he even an option?)

BetEzy (changing to BetEasy) is putting $50 on australia for all members on every match the socceroos play in Brazil, as long as you sign up before kickoff tommorow morning, you qualify.

Only catch is winnings must be turned over before withdrawable.

Edited by JD.

Neymar first goal scorer $10 @ 5.25 = 52.50

1st Brazil/2nd Croatia, England/Italy, Belgium Group H Winner, Argentina/Bosnia, 1st France/2nd Switzerland $10 @ 57.29 = $572.90

Off to a flyer ;)

They should have paid Marcelo (was he even an option?)

Own Goal excluded.

BetEzy (changing to BetEasy) is putting $50 on australia for all members on every match the socceroos play in Brazil, as long as you sign up before kickoff tommorow morning, you qualify.

Their website is a piece of shit.

Yeh because they are rebuilding it or some crap, I don't really care, I'm not going to use it other than if Aussies win a game and I get paid out

Loaded up on Belgium @ -2 against Algeria. Paying $5

I hope you win but I think this is actually the game that could rattle them. Would much prefer that line vs. South Korea.

Someone talk me out of putting South Korea to finish bottom of their group, $3 seems too much.

Just received a $20 free bet for "A brave effort by our socceroos", can't complain

Just received a $20 free bet for "A brave effort by our socceroos", can't complain

Me too. Probably have to turn it over like 3 times or something to withdraw.

Yeh because they are rebuilding it or some crap, I don't really care, I'm not going to use it other than if Aussies win a game and I get paid out

Yeah well I actually deposited some money to take advantage of their other free bet promo (free bet that matches your first deposit up to $500, but you also have to place a bet of any value first as well), anyway when it came time to withdraw my money I actually had to email them a copy of my licence and medicare, they dont have an online verification like other sites. Pretty shit, but they did sort it out in like 1 hour on a weekend so can't complain too much. I'll see how quickly I get my withdrawal.

Me too. Probably have to turn it over like 3 times or something to withdraw.

Yeah well I actually deposited some money to take advantage of their other free bet promo (free bet that matches your first deposit up to $500, but you also have to place a bet of any value first as well), anyway when it came time to withdraw my money I actually had to email them a copy of my licence and medicare, they dont have an online verification like other sites. Pretty shit, but they did sort it out in like 1 hour on a weekend so can't complain too much. I'll see how quickly I get my withdrawal.

Seems like a difficult process to me, surely they would develop some sort of online verification when they get it up and running.

Argentina/Bosnia draw @ $5?

I know there's been no draws but Bosnia absolutely destroyed qualifying and Argentina aren't anything special at the back, obviously a long shot but I'm a little tempted to throw something at it.

I was gonna do that for the Switzerland game. Have way too much already riding on the Swiss to get through the group though so not sure.

Also thinking "Both Teams To Score In Both Halves" is due soon. Usually pays around the double digit mark, maybe the ARG-BOS game capable?

France will destroy Honduras tonight.