Melbourne Football

Home derby 1st March 2014

jw1739

Maybe. But then it adds complexity if you want to bring friends and sit together. Today, I booked the number of seats I wanted (4 members + 2 for friends - not Victory supporters!), in aisle 17, and could've upgraded to premium seating if I wanted to. The rip off seems the $5 or something delivery fee because they come in an email. It can be complex to work out if you haven't done it before, but I'm pretty used to it now.

Yes, it does add complexity for that particular circumstance. That's a feature of all reserved seat season-tickets, for Heart and for other clubs.

It's worth buying a active membership so you don't have to fuck around and reserve a seat. The grounds always empty enough to sit in general on non derby games anyways

I have asked the question of the club as to why you can buy a family active for individual matches but not for a season ticket. Just one of those things it would appear. If this nonsense with the bookings for GA members for derby games continues I am going to push the point for next season.

You are right in principle though Pigs.

Last derby:

Victory supporter goes to enter stadium, and he scans his membership card.

Security: you cant get in with that membership mate, its a heart home game

Victory supporter: huh?

I swear for 2 minutes they talked, the victory supporter couldnt tet his head around the concept that he couldnt get in with his victory membership.

I wasnt sure weather to feel sorry for him as the game was probs sold out or to feel angry that he could be so ignorant and not know about hone game ticketing arrangements!

• Like 1

Just purchased 8 tickets! Sitting up the back though in the yarra end, surely will be able to sneak down into the active area with the lads when they march from the Imp.

Shouldn't have any trouble at all mate,

I've had mates tag along before who got seats up there, you just walk in the aisle and go straight to Active, no one bothers to pull you up unless in you stand in the seats with those 3 knobs that keep forcing people to move  :droy:

• Like 1

Just purchased 8 tickets! Sitting up the back though in the yarra end, surely will be able to sneak down into the active area with the lads when they march from the Imp.

Shouldn't have any trouble at all mate,

I've had mates tag along before who got seats up there, you just walk in the aisle and go straight to Active, no one bothers to pull you up unless in you stand in the seats with those 3 knobs that keep forcing people to move  :droy:

I hate them kents

Edited by heartrate
  • Like 2

Hah yeh I know what you mean, these lads have been converted after the last few home wins and will sign up as members for next season. Wasn't much point for the four gamer for these boys as the 'reserved' derby seat couldn't be upgraded for active and was over in the corner.

please keep specials away from the active area nothing annoys me more.

If I have mates that want to come to a match (especially a derby) I agree to take them only on the proviso that they make an effort to learn the songs and participate in the Active support.

I've had a few people turn around and say they're not coming then but I wouldn't want them to if they're not going to make the effort.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

If we win the next couple of matches, this will be even bigger for us.

With JVS back in charge, and a side that atleast has looked like a team for a month now, lets hope it continues to be a good lead up to this match and we can break our winless run that we have been experiencing against MV.

The other thing, if MV make the ACL, they play an away match during the week prior to us playing them if memory serves me correctly. That will be interesting :)

If we win the next couple of matches, this will be even bigger for us.

With JVS back in charge, and a side that atleast has looked like a team for a month now, lets hope it continues to be a good lead up to this match and we can break our winless run that we have been experiencing against MV.

The other thing, if MV make the ACL, they play an away match during the week prior to us playing them if memory serves me correctly. That will be interesting :)

Correct, will face Guangzhou Evergrande in Guangzhou on 26th Feb. 19hr return flight

Alessandro Diamanti will tear poor visitor apart

• Like 1