Melbourne Football

Orlando Engelaar

Embee

Hey Guys,

I was thinking we need something for Orlando when he gets back (correct me if we do already!)

Been racking my brains, and I haven't really thought up many songs before so feel free to shoot it down and suggest any of your own.

How about something to the tune of the chant the City fans used to chant about Mancini:

He came from PSV,

To smash the Victory (he hates the Victory?),

ORLANDO

WO-OAH!

ORLANDO

WO-OAH

Go easy on me  :)

good tune, has been used a few times for germano. do we need another chant that mentions the other side though? ;)

iirc (which i do cause i looked :P) marteaux mentioned the same one a while back.

http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/england-chants/engerrland/ this seems to be the popular choice so far

Yeah I was trying to change it and move out the Victory part as I also don't really like it when songs focus too much on our opponents but at 4:23 in the arvo i was struggling. The best I had was 'To score goals for you and me' but that sounded a bit corny   :lol:

Haha probbably should have checked, whoops!

Yeah that would pretty good, simple too.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

good tune, has been used a few times for germano. do we need another chant that mentions the other side though? ;)

iirc (which i do cause i looked :P) marteaux mentioned the same one a while back.

http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/england-chants/engerrland/ this seems to be the popular choice so far

Its a great chant, also works for Hunterlaar when we get him for next season ;)

When we do it, we get the clapping right :P

on a side note, every chant doesnt have to have a victory reference in it :P

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

the 'oo ah engelaar' chant rocked it last night. Don't think we've had a chant take off so well so fast. Even the GA were in to it. I saw people that never chant and little kids getting right in to it. I think because it was so simple they enjoyed it and felt comfortable with it :)

So i take it this will be the chant for Orlando for the rest of the season now? Have to admit it was probably my favorite chant last night and was easy for people to pick up.

I know its not the right thread, but what happened to glad all over? I thought we were starting to get the hang of it and now it seems like we've stopped singing it entirely.

the 'oo ah engelaar' chant rocked it last night. Don't think we've had a chant take off so well so fast. Even the GA were in to it. I saw people that never chant and little kids getting right in to it. I think because it was so simple they enjoyed it and felt comfortable with it :)

Yeah that worked a treat!

Was an awesome moment when he came on, probably the most united I've seen the entire crowd (not just the Yarraside) in all the times I've been to AAMI, fantastic stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it seems like we have a Few Engalaar chants that caught on

Ooh Aah Engalaar

We've got a Big Fucking Dutchman

En-gal-aar Engalaar Engalaar, Engalaar Engalaar Engalaaaaaaaar 

Love it!

Heard the BFD chant on Sunday.  Not sure about it TBH.  I thought it kinda went down like a lead balloon.  There were quite a few mums and kids adjacent to Yarraside, felt embarrassed for them.  

I think we can leave the swearing to other team in Melbourne-our point of difference to welcome families, and grow our support.

IMO, ofcourse.

Yeah, it seems like we have a Few Engalaar chants that caught on

Ooh Aah Engalaar

We've got a Big Fucking Dutchman

En-gal-aar Engalaar Engalaar, Engalaar Engalaar Engalaaaaaaaar 

Love it!

Heard the BFD chant on Sunday.  Not sure about it TBH.  I thought it kinda went down like a lead balloon.  There were quite a few mums and kids adjacent to Yarraside, felt embarrassed for them.  

I think we can leave the swearing to other team in Melbourne-our point of difference to welcome families, and grow our support.

IMO, ofcourse.

I absolutely love that chant but I have to agree... I sing along to it, however I can only imagine what some parents new to the game must think.

Edited by sharpy
  • Like 2