Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart Ball

bt50

Does the club do anything like this??

A lot of country footy clubs and that sort of thing have an Annual Ball as a major fundraiser. Surely it wouldn't be out of the question and would be a popular option amongst fans if it could be arranged?

Make it a formal dress night with finger food, no actual formalities, just a live band, tickets $60-150 depending on whether or not you had alcohol included and let the fans mingle with the players in a social setting??

I don't think the Heart are too big a club yet that the amount of people at the function will provide too much of a hassle to the players and ultimately I think most players at Heart would be happy to attend.

Just an idea! What are people's thoughts?

No I'm not haha but I don't think it would be a major issue anyway ie. get blokes to bring girlfriends and they bring their friends etc. I'm sure most wouldn't give a shit what the function was if it was reasonably priced and it didn't drag on. I'd not even bother with tables, just make it a dressed up get together with a band and bar!

$100 a head, 300 people there? $30,000 right there

Plus a raffle!

Wow suddenly fans are up close with players and if run correctly will be a huge success! WATCH OUT

could make $40,000 like that

If it's at Crown, the $30k might just pay for the venue hire, but the raffle would get us over the line :P lol

Maybe if we get our number 1 International Ticket Holder to play, they could charge more and sell more tix ;)