Melbourne Football

Aloisi = Legend

Caddy

We accrue almost no benefit developing him.

We could have just signed a good manager to begin with. Would have cost more, but you get what you pay for. If Aloisi becomes any good he will want more money anyway, if he doesn't just leave us. With a manager, we also don't receive the financial benefits of developing a player and having them move on to a bigger club.

• Like 1

Pointless discussion. The decision to appoint him was made last May. He's been given a three-year contract. We could have done a whole lot of things differently this season, including choosing a different head coach, scoring more goals, winning more games, drawing bigger crowds, wearing different shirts...the list is almost endless.

But we didn't. What's done is done. Move on.

I am starting to like what i see from Johnny. When you consider what he has had to deal with:

easily the most inexperienced coach in the A league, inexperienced assistant, had his backline and stiker sold from under him & a terrible injury run;

It is therefore interesting to note that as of last Sunday he has career points per match of 1.23, which compares well with JVS's Heart reign of 1.24. The days of "second half panic" seem to be behind us and with competition for places at last in the squad things are looking much better. I reckon Johnny's best is yet to come.

PS for stats freaks JVS 17W 21D 20L, JA 8W 3D 11L.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...